Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

July 06, 2020, 09:50:09 am

Author Topic: Merchant of Venice Related Text  (Read 1456 times)

hyello

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Merchant of Venice Related Text
« on: November 18, 2019, 05:52:26 pm »
+1
Hello guys,

Supposed to compose a multi-modal on Merchant of Venice and another related text, and how we learn more about ourselves through storytelling. And how that's represented in the texts.

I was thinking Taxi Driver could be good. Would this be a good idea? However, I am a bit stuck on connecting it to the module statement (especially around individual and collective experiences), as I'm still wrapping my head around it. Any ideas?

I'd really appreciate it  :)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 06:30:26 pm by hyello »

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +820
Re: Merchant of Venice Related Text
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 07:31:34 pm »
Hello guys,

Supposed to compose a multi-modal on Merchant of Venice and another related text, and how we learn more about ourselves through storytelling. And how that's represented in the texts.

I was thinking Taxi Driver could be good. Would this be a good idea? However, I am a bit stuck on connecting it to the module statement (especially around individual and collective experiences), as I'm still wrapping my head around it. Any ideas?

I'd really appreciate it  :)

Hey, hyello!

You could definitely use Taxi Driver so long as you can apply it to the rubric concepts and draw links between it and The Merchant of Venice. We also have a list of related texts recommendations here in this thread which you could have a look at! All the texts listed make fantastic related texts for the module so check any out if it catches your fancy.

As for the concepts themselves, what's stumping you?

Angelina  ;D

-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

hyello

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 09:52:47 pm »
Hey!

I guess my main concern was whether Taxi Driver could be strong enough to connect with the rubric (though I think I feel better about it :))
Would Morality, Justice and Prejudice be strong concepts to connect with both texts?

Thanks,
Hyello

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +820
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 07:00:29 am »
Hey!

I guess my main concern was whether Taxi Driver could be strong enough to connect with the rubric (though I think I feel better about it :))
Would Morality, Justice and Prejudice be strong concepts to connect with both texts?

Thanks,
Hyello

Hey, hyello!

Good to hear you're feeling better about it! Those themes would work excellently with the module and you can definitely see some strong connections across both texts. Hope this gives you some reassurance! Let me know if you have any other questions here in this thread  :)

Angelina  ;D

-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music