Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

December 08, 2019, 07:00:27 am

Author Topic: Finding Myself Through VCE | My Journey.  (Read 3265 times)

rr28

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +36
Re: a journey on the yellow brick road
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2019, 08:27:50 am »
+2
Oh my goodness! That artwork is beautiful! (@J41, I think AN needs a heart eyed emoji for moments like this.)

Are you still going to your old subjects until Friday? Is there work to do or is it just having fun? ;D

Thanks Laura!
We've actually had days off school - I'm making the most of it ha ha.

class of 2020 | always creating

rr28

• Forum Regular
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2019, 08:07:13 pm »
+6
Hiiiiii

Been a while since I've last done a journal post - a lot of things have been happening in the last few days, so I genuinely need to get stuff out of my head haha. Before I start my speal, can you even believe its DECEMBER?!!!! I genuinely CANNOT. Like January was literally like 2 days ago. Where on earth has the year gone??

Also, happy SUMMER (although it really doesnt feel like it ha ha)

Anyway, I'll start my update:

1. Got our exams back last week, heres a brief of how I did.
- Chem: A - not bad, did surprisingly well considering my lack of study.
- Physics: A+ - happy! did some silly things but otherwise good.
- Art: A+ - wish I did better though.
- Spec 1 - lets not talk about it.....
- Spec 2 - meh.
- English - A - Super happy with this one! I did a lot of self teaching for this subject this year, and so proud of how far I've come this year with English :) It was marked by teachers other than our class one, so I feel like it was marked a bit harder than our SACs, so I'm super happy.

2. We found out our teachers for next year. They are all the same except Chem & Eng. Chem we're getting a brand new teacher that starts at our school next year, and am actually happy about this :) I have a lot of my friends in this class as oppposed to last year so I'm guessing it'll be fun!!
For English I got a teacher which I'm okay-ish about. Not quite the lovely teacher/s that I wanted though. (Really wanted my Year 10 teacher again, coz she was great!! We had a great connection and I literally just missed her class based off a 50/50 chance. Shes teaching in my spares  :'( ) I dont really have many friends in this English class, or people that care too much about english, so I guess it will be a lot of independent work. I'm hoping it will be okay ....

3. Had an excursion to RMIT today - it was fun(ish)! Kinda made me a bit more scared for Year 12 though...

Anywayyyyy I dont really have much motivation for school , I never do well with the changes at the end of the Year in terms of classes and stuff. It feels like a bigger change than all previous years. Anyway, only 1.5 weeks to go!!!

I'll keep this journal updated! Forever grateful for the support I receive through ATARnotes.

Hope you all have a lovely week  8)

« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 10:21:28 pm by rr28 »

tigerclouds

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2019, 10:06:52 pm »
+1
(Really wanted my Year 10 teacher again, coz she was great!! We had a great connection and I literally just missed her class based off a 50/50 chance. Shes teaching in my spares  :'( )
Would you be able to ask if you can change classes? If she's teaching during your free periods, you can transfer and then have your current English classes become your spares. Is that possible at your school? I know some people who did that for a class at my school. If you can do it, then why not, it's your last year :)

rr28

• Forum Regular
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2019, 10:56:24 pm »
+1
Would you be able to ask if you can change classes? If she's teaching during your free periods, you can transfer and then have your current English classes become your spares. Is that possible at your school? I know some people who did that for a class at my school. If you can do it, then why not, it's your last year :)

Yeah I really really want to, but I feel like I wouldnt be allowed as I havent experienced my new teacher before and dont have a valid excuse for changing. A few people have but it was mainly because they had issues with the current teacher.

I was seriously considering though, but am kind of scared too  :-[

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +95
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2019, 06:43:57 pm »
Yeah I really really want to, but I feel like I wouldnt be allowed as I havent experienced my new teacher before and dont have a valid excuse for changing. A few people have but it was mainly because they had issues with the current teacher.

If I were you I'd ask a friend to come along with you if you go to ask if you can change, as it'll be a less daunting task if you know you've got a mate beside you + you can't back out of asking if you want to change as they'll keep you accountable.
Check out some Motivational Quotes  here: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=186285.0
My Work Experience Guide for Year 9's/Year 10's: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=187438.msg1131904#msg1131904

tigerclouds

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2019, 12:14:29 am »
+2

Maybe sit through the first few classes and see how it goes? If you don't like it, change classes. I get you, I'd be a bit nervous too but I'm sure it'll pay off in the end :)

rr28

• Forum Regular
Re: Finding Myself Through VCE | My Journey.
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2019, 10:20:03 pm »
+5
Thanks so much tigerclouds & SnowLeopard, I really appreciate your advice  ;D

I was actually going to make up my mind and do well in this class, but honestly the last few lessons haven't been good, and was very frustrated by the end of them. We started reading Nine Days, just listened to the audio book during class and the teacher didnt even stop to explain things. I've never been more confused in my life.....

Anyway, I finallyyyyyy spoke to my old teacher and she'd love to have me in her class :) I'm now trying to get a change done - I guess its worth trying!
Thanks so much for giving me some confidence

I'll probably update thus journal again sometime next week. I actually finish school on Wednesday, then Methods results come out on Thursday! Exciting...