Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 02:28:10 pm

Author Topic: Eliot quotes needed  (Read 1260 times)

jelena_nina2001

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Eliot quotes needed
« on: October 15, 2019, 08:23:36 pm »
hey peeps does anyone have any critic quotes for ts eliot that are non-tet specific (apply to all his texts)? tysm in advance

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: Eliot quotes needed
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 09:54:56 pm »
+2
hey peeps does anyone have any critic quotes for ts eliot that are non-tet specific (apply to all his texts)? tysm in advance

Hey, jelena_nina2001!

You can use the critic quotes I compiled in this thread here! I would highly recommend having text-specific ones just because it allows you to explore the poem's contents more in depth. That being said, if you would prefer using non-text-specific ones, some of these still work! While they are organised to be text-specific, you could very much still use the more generic statements that illustrate textual integrity. For example, this one from Katleigh Merrier "grapples with unbridled emotions and a deep introspection that hits the reader and entices them to think past their own reservations" can easily suit any of the poems. Hope that helps!

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

jelena_nina2001

• Forum Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 10:16:58 pm »
Hey, jelena_nina2001!

You can use the critic quotes I compiled in this thread here! I would highly recommend having text-specific ones just because it allows you to explore the poem's contents more in depth. That being said, if you would prefer using non-text-specific ones, some of these still work! While they are organised to be text-specific, you could very much still use the more generic statements that illustrate textual integrity. For example, this one from Katleigh Merrier "grapples with unbridled emotions and a deep introspection that hits the reader and entices them to think past their own reservations" can easily suit any of the poems. Hope that helps!

Angelina  ;D
Tysm so with the quotes they are amazing but I cant find where they are from like what authors text do I reference in my essay? Also, how would I integrate a quote into an analysis paragraph?  Sorry or the questions xx
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 08:34:17 am by jelena_nina2001 »

dani01

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 09:58:09 am »
+2
Tysm so with the quotes they are amazing but I cant find where they are from like what authors text do I reference in my essay? Also, how would I integrate a quote into an analysis paragraph?  Sorry or the questions xx

she has the author next to the critics. also we got taught that we don't need the text we just need the author.
e.g. Robert Crawford writes "
Julia Powers believes that "
McArthur touches on this notion stating that "

jelena_nina2001

• Forum Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 10:19:55 am »
+1
she has the author next to the critics. also we got taught that we don't need the text we just need the author.
e.g. Robert Crawford writes "
Julia Powers believes that "
McArthur touches on this notion stating that "

ok, thankyou so much, i get it now  :) :)