QCE Stuff > Queensland Education Discussion

Rui's Ask Me Anything!

(1/4) > >>

Bri MT:
Rui's Ask Me Anything!

The one and the only Rui, your QCE maths lecturer is holding an Ask Me Anything; he'll start replying at 3:15 pm on Friday the 11th of October

Here's somethings you might not know about Rui: He's not only an academic achiever, he's also well rounded with involvement in uni social life as a committee member on the UNSW mathematics society, mad piano skills, and ridiculously fast typing ability (ok - maybe that doesn't fit in here but how does anyone type more than 170 words a minute??).

Here's some of the reasons you may want to hear from this math legend:
🔥 Achieved 94+ in all 3 of his math subjects and received a 98.60 ATAR
🔥 Studying Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics)/Bachelor of Science (Computer science) and is on the Dean's list for his outstanding uni results
🔥 Years of experience teaching maths to high school students
🔥 Education coordinator for UNSW Mathematics Society
🔥 Heaps of experience on the forums helping students out and explaining complex concepts

We've been asked this before on other AMAs so YES you can ask ANY question - so long as it abides by our community rules (which basically come down to being respectful and keeping the community a nice place for everyone)

This might include things like:
- How did you prepare for exams?
- What's your favourite formula?
- I'm currently struggling and I don't know how to improve - thoughts?
- What your favourite video game?

IMPORTANT: In order to ask a question, you will have to click here and make an ATAR Notes account.

RuiAce:
Let's start this shindig 5 minutes early, shall we?

Start asking away! :)

simear02:
hey I have two questions

1. how did you manage doing more than one maths? did you study for them differently?
2. what's science like at uni?

Erutepa:
What's the best thing about being a tutesmart tutor and what's the most challenging thing?

Loren_T:

--- Quote ---🔥 Years of experience teaching maths to high school students
🔥 Education coordinator for UNSW Mathematics Society
🔥 Heaps of experience on the forums helping students out and explaining complex concepts
--- End quote ---
How do you help students who are struggling a bit (like me!) with maths become more familiar with a concept and to be prepared for sacs/ exams?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version