Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

September 21, 2020, 06:29:53 am

Author Topic: The QCE Years - My Journey to Changing the World through Business and Technology  (Read 10694 times)

s110820

• MOTM: April 20
  • Trendsetter
  • you'll be everything to the right someone
  • Respect: +71
Hi Jerry,

That's great to hear! Doesn't it just feel amazing to have the weight of assessment lifted off your shoulders? Being in our final years of high school is sometimes really tough, but hopefully, we can all get through to the other side all okay.

Have a great final week of school and kind regards,

Darcy Dillon.
2020 QCE: Biology, English, General Mathematics, Literature and Modern History.

Inspirational Quote: "Flowers grow back, even after they're stepped on. So will I"

Come and Find Me:
Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/user/celestial-

JerryMouse2019

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Trendsetter
  • Call Me Jerry
  • Respect: +60
Hi everyone,

QCE Life Update
So today I'm going to update you all on how year 11 has been going for me :)

So term 3 began on Monday as you all know and the first thought that came to my mind was how mind-blowing it was for me to have only one term of year 11 left.

I begin year 12 (or unit 3) in term 4.

I've already received my exam timetable and assessment schedule for the term. This is great because now I can plan ahead on how I'm going to approach all of my assignments and exams (I have 4 exams and 2 assignments this term).

I got a new teacher for one of my subjects. I don't know how this is going to affect me in the subject but I guess I'll find out soon enough.

I get two long weekends this term which I'm really happy about.

Subject Update
English - Have an exam coming up regarding a novel that I finished reading recently. I really enjoyed the novel so I'm sure that I'll ace the exam.
General Maths - Matrices is actually fun in my opinion.
Business - Marketing is okay but not fun so far.
Economics - Learning how markets work is interesting but I'm waiting on international economics which starts in unit 3 next term.
Legal Studies - Learning how negligence is applied in case studies is very interesting as it shows me how plaintiffs are compensated when defendants commit acts of negligence.
Digital Solutions - I'm happy that we finally have an exam regarding HTML, CSS, SQL and Python. Up until now I've only had assignments for this subject.

I hope you've enjoyed this update :)

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019

« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 07:51:54 pm by JerryMouse2019 »
QCE 2020-2021: English | General Maths | Business | Economics | Legal Studies | Digital Solutions

Inspirational Quote: "Every moment is a fresh beginning." - T.S. Eliot

ATAR Aspiration: 93 or Higher

Coolmate

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • 🔥Hard Work Pays Off🔥
  • Respect: +214
Hey JerryMouse2019,

Congratulations on reaching the final term of Year 11!🎉

It looks like you are going to be very busy this term, but it is a great idea that you have started planning on how to approach each assignment already.
Good luck with all of your exams and assignments :)

Coolmate 8)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 08:08:48 pm by Coolmate »
                                                    🤯HSC 2020:🤯

🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

😁My STUDY GUIDE!😁                                                          💬Quote A Day With Coolmate💬
Aim: 90+ ATAR

JerryMouse2019

• Trendsetter
  • Call Me Jerry
Hey JerryMouse2019,

Congratulations on reaching the final term of Year 11!🎉

It looks like you are going to be very busy this term, but it is a great idea that you have started planning on how to approach each assignment.
Good luck with all of your exams and assignments :)

Coolmate 8)

Thanks for the reassurance Coolmate :)

I'm still a very big procrastinator and I'm hoping to get over my procrastination once and for all this term.

Your message makes me feel more confident about conquering it :)

Btw, your study guide is awesome!!!  ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 08:13:41 pm by JerryMouse2019 »
QCE 2020-2021: English | General Maths | Business | Economics | Legal Studies | Digital Solutions

Coolmate

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • 🔥Hard Work Pays Off🔥
  • Respect: +214
Thanks for the reassurance Coolmate :)

I'm still a very big procrastinator and I'm hoping to get over my procrastination once and for all this term.

Your message makes me feel more confident about conquering it :)

That's ok, with procrastination it's all about starting with small tasks then gaining more momentum to complete bigger tasks. ;) Good luck with it :)

Thankyou! :D

Coolmate 8)
                                                    🤯HSC 2020:🤯

🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

😁My STUDY GUIDE!😁                                                          💬Quote A Day With Coolmate💬
Aim: 90+ ATAR

s110820

• Trendsetter

Hey Jerry!

So term 3 began on Monday as you all know and the first thought that came to my mind was how mind-blowing it was for me to have only one term of year 11 left.

I begin year 12 (or unit 3) in term 4.

Welcome back to the ATAR Notes forums! I'm sure everyone would be glad that you're back from the dead (metaphorically, of course). And yes, the transition from Year 11 to Year 12 can be a rollercoaster of emotions but trust me, I'll bet that you can get through it easy-peasy-lemon squeezy. Personally, my best advice would be to develop a "growth" mindset, if you know what I mean. For me, personally, from the minute I was introduced to my final year of high school, all I could think about was the worse-case scenario. As in, you know, failing all of my exams and as a result, receiving a really bad ATAR which limited my results to pretty much nothing.

However, when I started looking after myself (also really important!) mentally and physically, my mindset did improve. The key word in that sentence is "improve " as unfortunately, life isn't as easy as flicking a switch. My best advice for you is to remember this: "If I am in desperate need of something, I will cram as if there is no tomorrow and will burn my energy and motivation. But if I really want something, I will need to work as hard and as efficently as I can in order to get what I want" - yes, I know it's really cliché, but this has enabled me to jump over so many hurdles.

I've already received my exam timetable and assessment schedule for the term. This is great because now I can plan ahead on how I'm going to approach all of my assignments and exams (I have 4 exams and 2 assignments this term).

And it's great that you have received your exam schedule already! It honestly helps so much to be able to manage and prioritise your workload before you can crunch those numbers and write for those exams. You're actually really lucky because I haven't even received my exam schedule for my mock exams yet and they're less than a month away :(

English - Have an exam coming up regarding a novel that I finished reading recently. I really enjoyed the novel so I'm sure that I'll ace the exam.
General Maths - Matrices is actually fun in my opinion.

Oooh ooh! Please tell me what novel you read for English! I would really love to read it sometime. And I'm glad that you enjoyed reading it because usually reading for school bores people to death to the point where they depend entirely on SparkNotes just to get by. And yes! I loved matrices as well - it was probably my favourite topic of Unit 2, especially since I'm a visual learner and I love sudoku oops.

I hope you've enjoyed this update :)

And yes, I really enjoyed hearing from you again (in a non-weird way of course).

Have a great weekend and kind regards,

Darcy Dillon.

Inspirational Quote: "Flowers grow back, even after they're stepped on. So will I"

Come and Find Me:

JerryMouse2019

• Trendsetter
  • Call Me Jerry
Hey Jerry!

Welcome back to the ATAR Notes forums! I'm sure everyone would be glad that you're back from the dead (metaphorically, of course). And yes, the transition from Year 11 to Year 12 can be a rollercoaster of emotions but trust me, I'll bet that you can get through it easy-peasy-lemon squeezy. Personally, my best advice would be to develop a "growth" mindset, if you know what I mean. For me, personally, from the minute I was introduced to my final year of high school, all I could think about was the worse-case scenario. As in, you know, failing all of my exams and as a result, receiving a really bad ATAR which limited my results to pretty much nothing.

However, when I started looking after myself (also really important!) mentally and physically, my mindset did improve. The key word in that sentence is "improve " as unfortunately, life isn't as easy as flicking a switch. My best advice for you is to remember this: "If I am in desperate need of something, I will cram as if there is no tomorrow and will burn my energy and motivation. But if I really want something, I will need to work as hard and as efficently as I can in order to get what I want" - yes, I know it's really cliché, but this has enabled me to jump over so many hurdles.

And it's great that you have received your exam schedule already! It honestly helps so much to be able to manage and prioritise your workload before you can crunch those numbers and write for those exams. You're actually really lucky because I haven't even received my exam schedule for my mock exams yet and they're less than a month away :(

Oooh ooh! Please tell me what novel you read for English! I would really love to read it sometime. And I'm glad that you enjoyed reading it because usually reading for school bores people to death to the point where they depend entirely on SparkNotes just to get by. And yes! I loved matrices as well - it was probably my favourite topic of Unit 2, especially since I'm a visual learner and I love sudoku oops.

And yes, I really enjoyed hearing from you again (in a non-weird way of course).

Have a great weekend and kind regards,

Darcy Dillon.

Hi Darcy,

I'm really happy to be back on ATAR Notes and I'm thankful that I could revive the QCE forums again :)

I've also noticed that my journey journal has been nearing the 10,000 views mark (making it the most read QCE journey journal right now). I guess this means that a lot of people have found my journey journal to be very enjoyable to read.

Thank you everyone for reading my journey journal :)

I really appreciate it :)

The growth mindset is something I've heard about before and I am 100% sure that I am going to implement it this term because I just know that I can't flick a switch and change my habits. Doing this will be good for me in the long run (as Uni is pretty much just me doing everything independently).

For English, I read the novel 'Whisper' by Lynette Noni.

It was super good :)

Good luck with your mock exams,

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 10:00:17 pm by JerryMouse2019 »

JerryMouse2019

• Trendsetter
  • Call Me Jerry
+4
Hey everyone,

Today when I finished my final exam for this term I finished year 11.

I've been feeling so optimistic about year 12 after coming out of this final exam.

I'm just looking forward to the more interesting topics in units 3 and 4 of my subjects.

This term was a blast and I'm sure next term will be similar :)

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019

s110820

• Trendsetter
+3
Hey everyone,

Today when I finished my final exam for this term I finished year 11.

I've been feeling so optimistic about year 12 after coming out of this final exam.

I'm just looking forward to the more interesting topics in units 3 and 4 of my subjects.

This term was a blast and I'm sure next term will be similar :)

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019

Congratulations Jerry! I hope Year 12 goes well for you :)

Come and Find Me: