Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

October 21, 2019, 04:11:16 pm

Author Topic: THSC  (Read 365 times)

catietravers3

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
THSC
« on: October 05, 2019, 10:08:20 pm »
Does anyone know where THSC went?? I went on there today and it said file not found! Is this happening for anyone else??
YR12 2019
-  Extension 2 Maths
- Advanced English
- Physics
- Economics
- Chinese Continuers

Coolmate

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Trendsetter
  • 🏆Hard Work = RESULTS!🏆
  • Respect: +34
Re: THSC
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 08:57:35 am »
Does anyone know where THSC went?? I went on there today and it said file not found! Is this happening for anyone else??

Hey catietravers3!

I just tried to go on it and I found it came up with exactly what you said, '404 File Not Found'. :-\

I have no idea why this is happening, its very strange

Coolmate 8)
YR 12 2020:

》Advanced Maths
》Advanced English
》Physics
》Biology
》SOR 1
》IPT

😁😁My STUDY GUIDE!😁😁                                    🎨🎨Creative Quotes Thread!🎨🎨

catietravers3

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 02:56:16 pm »
+1
Hey catietravers3!

I just tried to go on it and I found it came up with exactly what you said, '404 File Not Found'. :-\

I have no idea why this is happening, its very strange

Coolmate 8)

AHHHH at least I know its not me!
Thanks !!!!
YR12 2019
-  Extension 2 Maths
- Advanced English
- Physics
- Economics
- Chinese Continuers

meerae

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Trendsetter
  • wack.
  • Respect: +76
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 02:16:02 pm »
New link is; https://thsc.zaxu.tk

hope this helps!
meerae :)
2018 hsc; mathematics
2019 hsc; english adv english ext 1&2 math ext 1 legal studies economics

HSC w/ a stresshead {class of'19}

dan964

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +6
  • School: STHS
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 03:16:24 pm »
Hi there, I was reviewing whether thsconline is in compliance with copyright laws, and I believe in its current format, does not do enough to ensure that, hence why for the interim, until I can sure it does, the site will remain down. The HTML will remain up, as that is under my own copyright.

Currently it is both at odds with the laws, and my personal convictions as a Christian.

Please refer to this...
1.13 Copyright exceptions

This also is because thsconline (until recently) hosts NESA resources.

There are other resources out there that still host papers for the interim, but would encourage you that such sites have no regard for the laws of this nation, and no consideration has been made. (Especially since hosting CSSA, Independent, NEAP and TEC papers is in clear breach of their copyright)

So at the moment yes it is down, and it may not surface.

Watch this space. :)

In the interim, HSC papers are your best prep at this stage for Year 12 HSC examinations.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 03:17:57 pm by dan964 »

jelena_nina2001

• Forum Regular
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 05:43:52 pm »
the old site works for me :)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 05:48:43 pm by jelena_nina2001 »

r1ckworthy

• MOTM: APR 19
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +134
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 05:49:47 pm »
it's working for me

Yeah, you should be able to access all HSC papers from 2001 or so, I think. That is because the link is hosted by NESA, who is the rightful owner of HSC past papers, if you get what I mean. You won't be able to access trials or really old HSC papers as that is hosted by THSC which is under copyright breach, to my understanding.

EDIT: The site is not under copyright breach, the owner is making sure it is compliant with current laws surrounding trial papers and copyright ;D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 09:12:30 pm by r1ckworthy »
HSC 2019: English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics Extension 1 || Physics || Chemistry || Science Extension || Ancient History ||

The Yr12 journey- a diary I "hope" to update... || Halfway through Year 12... lessons I've learned so far.

jelena_nina2001

• Forum Regular
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 05:54:33 pm »
Yeah, you should be able to access all HSC papers from 2001 or so, I think. That is because the link is hosted by NESA, who is the rightful owner of HSC past papers, if you get what I mean. You won't be able to access trials or really old HSC papers as that is hosted by THSC which is under copyright breach, to my understanding.

ok thanks so much )

dan964

• Trailblazer
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2019, 09:08:23 pm »

It isn't actually been reported for a breach. I'm just making sure it is compliant. Thats all!

r1ckworthy

• MOTM: APR 19
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +134
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2019, 09:09:37 pm »
It isn't actually been reported for a breach. I'm just making sure it is compliant. Thats all!

Oh, okay, I'd edit the post! ;D

HSC 2019: English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics Extension 1 || Physics || Chemistry || Science Extension || Ancient History ||

The Yr12 journey- a diary I "hope" to update... || Halfway through Year 12... lessons I've learned so far.

dan964

• Trailblazer
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2019, 10:34:18 pm »
To comply with fair dealings for bona-fide use for study. It will no longer be directly assessable by the public/random on the web soon.

For the meantime, download the instructions.pdf file listed on the site and go from there. I have tested it and it does work for 100% of files that were on the old site including up to 2017 papers. Once you get the hang of it, it should be quite easy.

You will need an internet connection (but otherwise it is not a web application) of course.

Also if you have forked the site or using an archive, it will have stopped working

You will need to watch this space, as I will be updating it regularly over the next week.

Regards
Dan