Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

December 07, 2019, 12:37:38 am

Author Topic: Mac.Rob YR 9 2020 ?  (Read 3455 times)  Share 

arshia01

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Re: Mac.Rob YR 9 2020 ?
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2019, 08:15:23 pm »
Awww Iíll be friends with uuuu :)))
Same! Weíre here for you, canít wait to see you next year tho! And dw, weíll fill you in after orientation day about everything, itíll all be on this topic on atar notes if you want :)

Weirdobtsarmy

• Forum Regular
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2019, 08:21:06 am »
Same! Weíre here for you, canít wait to see you next year tho! And dw, weíll fill you in after orientation day about everything, itíll all be on this topic on atar notes if you want :)
yesss. I canít wait to meet all you guys :)

Chandied

• Adventurer
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2019, 02:25:00 pm »
Thank you! You guys are too nice, hahah I can just imagine myself, 'everyone go to ur house group for a house meeting' the teacher says on the first day. Everyone knows their house (from orientation) and goes to it, then there's me, panicking and awkwardly standing not where to go.
And I would appreciate it if u did post most of wat u learned on orientation, doesn't have to be everything.  :) :D

Weirdobtsarmy

• Forum Regular
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2019, 02:55:38 pm »
Thank you! You guys are too nice, hahah I can just imagine myself, 'everyone go to ur house group for a house meeting' the teacher says on the first day. Everyone knows their house (from orientation) and goes to it, then there's me, panicking and awkwardly standing not where to go.
And I would appreciate it if u did post most of wat u learned on orientation, doesn't have to be everything.  :) :D
ofc Iíll tell you all the info I find out on the orientation and maybe if u give me ur real name I can ask the people there about ur house and class and stuff; only if ur comfortable telling me ur name ofc... 💘💘

arshia01

• Trendsetter
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2019, 03:40:41 pm »
ofc Iíll tell you all the info I find out on the orientation and maybe if u give me ur real name I can ask the people there about ur house and class and stuff; only if ur comfortable telling me ur name ofc... 💘💘
Hello! Yes, me and weirdobtsarmy will definitely tell you as much as we can, if you don't want to talk specifically on this thread i'm totally fine with you pm me or whatever you would like. If you want, you can tell us your name, buts as weirdobtsarmy said don't feel like you have to, whatever you feel comfortable with. Don't hesitate to pm if you have anything else you'd like to talk about, enjoy the school holidays!

honestlydontevenknow05

• Adventurer
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2019, 04:03:14 pm »
Hiiiii, though I may not be entering the school for year 9 next year as I missed the entrance exam, I just wanted to ask some questions as I'm a little curious about this whole thing :)

1. I live about an hour and a half away from Mac. Rob, do you guys think that's too far away? :3
2. What time does school start and finish there? THANKS!

arshia01

• Trendsetter
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2019, 05:32:41 pm »
Hiiiii, though I may not be entering the school for year 9 next year as I missed the entrance exam, I just wanted to ask some questions as I'm a little curious about this whole thing :)

1. I live about an hour and a half away from Mac. Rob, do you guys think that's too far away? :3
2. What time does school start and finish there? THANKS!
Hello! To answer your questions, for people who live far away from Macrob it really depends on if they think itís worth all the travel time. But an hour and a half seems like a really long time, it depends if you can be bothered travelling every day and that usually cuts into ďhomeworkĒ time. School starts at 8:30 and usually finishes at 3:10, but on Wednesday I think it ends at around 1:35. Hope this helped :)

honestlydontevenknow05

• Adventurer
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2019, 05:40:59 pm »
Hello! To answer your questions, for people who live far away from Macrob it really depends on if they think itís worth all the travel time. But an hour and a half seems like a really long time, it depends if you can be bothered travelling every day and that usually cuts into ďhomeworkĒ time. School starts at 8:30 and usually finishes at 3:10, but on Wednesday I think it ends at around 1:35. Hope this helped :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Another question... if I do sit the exams next year (Iíll be in year 9 by then), to get into MGHS for year 10... will the exams be different ? or do I sit the same one as everyone else thatís trying to get in for MGHS year 9 :)

arshia01

• Trendsetter
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2019, 07:00:21 pm »
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Another question... if I do sit the exams next year (Iíll be in year 9 by then), to get into MGHS for year 10... will the exams be different ? or do I sit the same one as everyone else thatís trying to get in for MGHS year 9 :)
No problem, but the exams for yr 10 entry will be different to yr9 entry in terms of actual questions and difficulty. Although, the format and structure of the test will be the same if you understand what Iím saying. The exam to get in to yr 10 is usually on a different day as well, and there are fewer spots available. Good luck!

Weirdobtsarmy

• Forum Regular
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2019, 10:57:44 am »
No problem, but the exams for yr 10 entry will be different to yr9 entry in terms of actual questions and difficulty. Although, the format and structure of the test will be the same if you understand what Iím saying. The exam to get in to yr 10 is usually on a different day as well, and there are fewer spots available. Good luck!
Yes I agree with @arshia01, for example the mathematics, verbal reasoning will still have 60 questions and you have to do it in 30 mins. The reading comprehension and numerical reasoning tests will consist of 50 questions and you need to do it in 30 mins. But the difference will be that the difficulty will be much higher... but anyways GOOD LUCK!
I hope you get in!
Btw read this page on the macrob website, it should answer your question (https://www.macrob.vic.edu.au/enrolment-information.html)
Hope that helped :))
Ps- is anyone who got into macrob for next year doing the accelerated math exam? I am and Iím terrified ughhhhh....
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 11:11:19 am by Weirdobtsarmy »

honestlydontevenknow05

• Adventurer
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2019, 06:38:11 pm »
Yes I agree with @arshia01, for example the mathematics, verbal reasoning will still have 60 questions and you have to do it in 30 mins. The reading comprehension and numerical reasoning tests will consist of 50 questions and you need to do it in 30 mins. But the difference will be that the difficulty will be much higher... but anyways GOOD LUCK!
I hope you get in!
Btw read this page on the macrob website, it should answer your question (https://www.macrob.vic.edu.au/enrolment-information.html)
Ps- is anyone who got into macrob for next year doing the accelerated math exam? I am and Iím terrified ughhhhh....
THANKS ! i wonder what materials iíll need to study... will i have to know year 10 stuff ? (in terms of like mathematics etc)

Weirdobtsarmy

• Forum Regular
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2019, 07:53:09 pm »
THANKS ! i wonder what materials iíll need to study... will i have to know year 10 stuff ? (in terms of like mathematics etc)
Yes you would need to know yr 10 things :)

Chandied

• Adventurer
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2019, 08:56:46 pm »
Hello! Yes, me and weirdobtsarmy will definitely tell you as much as we can, if you don't want to talk specifically on this thread i'm totally fine with you pm me or whatever you would like. If you want, you can tell us your name, buts as weirdobtsarmy said don't feel like you have to, whatever you feel comfortable with. Don't hesitate to pm if you have anything else you'd like to talk about, enjoy the school holidays!
Hi! You guys can ask if you want to, but if you guys don't remember or something. It's completely fine with me!  Because, unless one of u are in the same class as me, I doubt that every teacher would have every student, their class and house group memorised, Hahahah. I would post my name here or pm, if you guys do the same thing? Don't feel like u need too, like the two of u said whatever you are comfortable with.  ;D :)
Enjoy the school holidays everyone  :) :D ;D

Chandied

• Adventurer
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2019, 09:01:38 pm »
I hope you get in!

I'm doing the accelerated math exam! I'm super terrified too, at least we get to skip out on some of school! To do more tests   :'( :'(
The whole accelerated class would probably be very scary and stressful for my tiny heart. So, I don't know if I wanna get in.

bookworm1984

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2019, 11:53:22 pm »
Hey guys! Im also going to macrob next yearÖ. Im doing indo next year so there is no way I will be in the same class as any of you guys. Looking back I kinda wish I chose french but Im dropping it in year 10 anyway because I will be doing external italian classes. I am Italian (probs gonna be the only non asian at macrob no offense) so my parents want me to learn the language and do it in VCE. Ah well. I am doing the accelerated maths exam too.. but probs not going to get in. I didnt even get a superior (in maths) on the exam soo. Mostly doing it for the experience and also just to see inside the school as I didnt go on the tours. I live about 1 hour away from the school but I guess that is kinda average. What electives did you guys choose?
"She reads books as one would breathe air, fill up and live" - Anne Dillard