Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

August 22, 2019, 12:06:02 am

Author Topic: unit 1/2 for year 10 subjects  (Read 113 times)

euxh

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
unit 1/2 for year 10 subjects
« on: August 15, 2019, 11:25:14 am »
unit 1/2 for business, chinese or bio for year 10?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 11:53:33 am by euxh »

Snow Leopard

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +29
Re: unit 1/2 for year 10 subjects
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 10:50:18 pm »
Depends on what you want to get into after high school.
I've done none of these subjects but from what I've heard:
Bio: Challenging but manageable. Lots of content to understand,  emphasis on understand since it's apparently not something you should rote learn.

Chinese: A language is always gonna be content-heavy since you need to develop your reading, listening skills etc so it would probably be good to have out of the way. It alsos depends on whether you think you're ready to start it or not. If you think you could do with another year to improve then don't accelerate in it. But if you think you're ready for it then you should be good to do it. Maybe speak to your teachers to get their opinion about it as well.

Business: Apparently Units 1/2 hardly relate to 3/4 so you could probably jump straight to 3/4 if you wanted and if you didn't want to do it in Yr 10.

Again, I didn't actually do these subjects, so take my words like a grain of salt. Also, make sure you speak to your teachers about what they recommend but remember that their opinion might be biased to the subject that they teach.
Feeling unmotivated? Check out some quotes here: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=186285.0