Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

December 13, 2019, 04:54:14 am

Author Topic: What subject do I swap busman for?  (Read 294 times)  Share 

Katherinet123

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
What subject do I swap busman for?
« on: July 20, 2019, 10:40:25 pm »
Hi everyone,  ;D

I am in year 11 and am currently doing bio 3/4, chem, methods, further, english language, and busman.

However, I no longer want to do busman because I find it really unenjoyable so therefore need to think of a new subject I can replace it with. I was originally planning on doing extended investigation in year 12 as it is offered as a 3/4 only however there's often not enough people who sign up for the class for it to actually run so i need a backup subject i can change into now if that makes sense??   :-\ 

Please give me some info on what subjects you would recommend as i really want something that is interesting and that i can hopefully perform well in without to much difficult!!

there is also the option to stick witch the subject if i really can't find anything else better as I do pretty well in busman however I'm not sure what its like in year 12 and feel like if i don't enjoy it i will suffer  :-\ :-\ :-\
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 10:45:06 pm by Katherinet123 »

brothanathan

• Forum Obsessive
  • Be virtuous my friend.
  • Respect: +30
Re: What subject do I swap busman for?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 11:50:05 pm »
+1
Ummm Global Politics, HHD?
"It is not necessary to be in a big place to do big things."

"Reality is censored."

Class of 2020

2019:
Scaled 38 in Chinese SL

laura_

• MOTM: JUNE 19
  • Part of the furniture
  • happy, free, confused and lonely at the same time
  • Respect: +518
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 07:26:49 am »
the cage is shattered
the songbird sings
of her freedom once more

soars in blue
basks in the light
leaving nothing
but notes behind

she is never going
back in that cage

Remy33

• Forum Regular
  • I don't like food, I love it.
  • Respect: +50
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 11:31:52 am »
+2
Hi Katherine, I relate to finding busman 1/2 unenjoyable ;) going off what brothanathan said, at the start of the year I swapped from busman to global politics 3/4 (without doing glopol 1/2) and I'm really happy with my decision. I reckon glopol is really interesting and as a lot of the stuff you study are stuff you can learn yourself from watching the news, I wouldn't say it's an overly difficult subject. Also plenty of people do glopol without 1/2.

Also, I think there's a bit of a misconception about what subjects you can and cannot do without 1/2 -- I jumped into 3/4 without doing 1/2 for five of my six subjects, including all three LOTEs which isn't recommended at all, but I don't think I'm at any disadvantage.

So I think you should just pick whatever you think you enjoy without worrying too much whether not doing 1/2 will be detrimental.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 11:36:24 am by Remy33 »
<  VCE  2018 2019  >
Portuguese  42  |   Russian  35  |  Chinese  36  |  English  50   |  Global Politics  46  |  Methods  41
99.40 ATAR

<  Monash  2020 2023   >
B Global Studies  Int'l Relations  |  B Commerce  Economics 

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Oxford comma and Avett Brothers enthusiast.
  • Respect: +6583
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 05:18:10 pm »
+1
Really depends a lot on your interests, I think! What subjects are you currently considering?

P.S. You may also wish to check out some of our VCE subject reviews to get a better idea of what certain subjects are like. :)