Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

October 18, 2019, 07:09:41 am

Author Topic: Post Selective School Exam Discussion  (Read 7188 times)  Share 

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: 0
Re: Post Selective School Exam Discussion
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2019, 05:00:10 pm »
ikr. ok those people who claimed that the tests were easy, were probably trying to cover up or act confident to avoid getting nervous or something because i know for a fact numerical can not be described as Ďeasyí, unless youíre terribly smart to the point you can even comprehend those last 10 questions in maths
Tbh, Numerical wasnít that hard, possibly the easiest of the tests(imo). Reading comp was easy but I canít comprehend for shit so I did trash. Maths was pretty hard and I legit shat myself staring at that last question. Verbal was the ok one, and the essay is kinda a hit or a miss, wish it was analytical.

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
  • disgrace is an understatement
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2019, 05:01:14 pm »
every question in numerical was literally a paragraph, was it even numerical at this point or reading comprehension
omg i just cracked up laughing

arshia01

• Trendsetter
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2019, 05:06:26 pm »
Tbh, Numerical wasnít that hard, possibly the easiest of the tests(imo). Reading comp was easy but I canít comprehend for shit so I did trash. Maths was pretty hard and I legit shat myself staring at that last question. Verbal was the ok one, and the essay is kinda a hit or a miss, wish it was analytical.

Numerical wasnít THAT HARD? You must be hella smart! Good job!

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2019, 05:08:53 pm »
Numerical wasnít THAT HARD? You must be hella smart! Good job!
donít say that, I found reading comp real hard though I finished it. Itís just my personal preference and I like numerical.

ciaosally

• Adventurer
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2019, 05:13:18 pm »
donít say that, I found reading comp real hard though I finished it. Itís just my personal preference and I like numerical.

lmao itís the opposite for me. found the reading comp pretty straight forward and just died trying to comprehend the numerical reasoning questions. im sure you did well on the numerical reasoning test though.

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2019, 05:16:40 pm »
hereís my situation now
i honestly feel like i flunked the test especially math, i just looked at the answers and randomly guessed. I did the first half for numerical and verbal but guessed the rest completely. For writing i did decent but didnít really have a problem ( but if 3 quick lines of realising he trespassed is a problem then ok)
i did pretty good for reading. I honestly am so crushed seeing as though all my friends did pretty well. :í(

ciaosally

• Adventurer
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2019, 05:19:41 pm »
hereís my situation now
i honestly feel like i flunked the test especially math, i just looked at the answers and randomly guessed. I did the first half for numerical and verbal but guessed the rest completely. For writing i did decent but didnít really have a problem ( but if 3 quick lines of realising he trespassed is a problem then ok)
i did pretty good for reading. I honestly am so crushed seeing as though all my friends did pretty well. :í(

in the same situation rn as well, except that everyone i know seemed to have found it hard. what did your friends say about the tests?

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2019, 05:25:04 pm »
in the same situation rn as well, except that everyone i know seemed to have found it hard. what did your friends say about the tests?
They each have an area of academics that they are particularly good at. One of them finished and completely finished verbal with no guesses at all, she said writing and reading was easy (but i did too?)
another friend of mine said math and numerical were really easy and the english tests were hard. Im somewhere in the middle :(

pangushi

• Adventurer
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2019, 06:07:31 pm »
hereís my situation now

you are definitely not alone !! thatís like what I practically did and my chances of getting in imo are extremely slim and like your friends, my friends did pretty well also but i hope you get into your desired school and speaking of which, what school(s) did you apply for ?

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2019, 06:21:46 pm »
you are definitely not alone !! thatís like what I practically did and my chances of getting in imo are extremely slim and like your friends, my friends did pretty well also but i hope you get into your desired school and speaking of which, what school(s) did you apply for ?
suzanne then macrob second
but a lot of people put suzanne first and i-

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2019, 06:48:14 pm »
ALSO,, i have a quick question
For the results which i think come out on the 8th, if you donít get an offer and you get rejected do you get an email saying you got rejected or do you not get anything expecting to see like a second round or a PD?

someone5643

• Forum Regular
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2019, 07:12:34 pm »
ALSO,, i have a quick question
For the results which i think come out on the 8th, if you donít get an offer and you get rejected do you get an email saying you got rejected or do you not get anything expecting to see like a second round or a PD?
no they just inform you that you havent been accepted, no information about whether or not you will be given an oppurtunity later on

CurryCid18

• Adventurer
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2019, 07:22:28 pm »
Hey ppl,

I went like 3 seconds over time(my bad) on Verbal and this teacher came up to me and was very cross. She said I ďwill be noted.Ē Anyone have any idea if that actually means something?

Also does someone know how the second round offers work? Is the second round basically the Principalís Discretion)?

MemeMaster

• Trailblazer
  • memes
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2019, 07:25:44 pm »
+1
Hey ppl,

I went like 3 seconds over time(my bad) on Verbal and this teacher came up to me and was very cross. She said I ďwill be noted.Ē Anyone have any idea if that actually means something?

Also does someone know how the second round offers work? Is the second round basically the Principalís Discretion)?

Thatís a f in the chat Iíd be terrified if a teacher told me that
 I think second round offers are just offers you get if thereís an open spot because a student rejected it or didnít respond in time and principals discretion is a whole another thing but donít quote me on that
bork

someone5643

• Forum Regular
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2019, 07:37:36 pm »
Thatís a f in the chat Iíd be terrified if a teacher told me that
 I think second round offers are just offers you get if thereís an open spot because a student rejected it or didnít respond in time and principals discretion is a whole another thing but donít quote me on that
yeah ok so basically first round is just smartest people
Second round is if they rejected it or they didnt accept in time, also I heard if you dont go to the open day thing they have then your position gets like taken away so ppl can have their offer dropped if they dont show up and that also opens up spots
Third round is basically more offers plus principles discretion where you need to write a letter and then you are a potential candidate for an interview with the principal