Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

October 21, 2019, 11:13:06 pm

Author Topic: Post Selective School Exam Discussion  (Read 7241 times)  Share 

arshia01

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Re: Post Selective School Exam Discussion
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2019, 06:42:24 pm »
Bro i dont know if u wanna hear this but numerical had more reading to it than reasing comprehension. Verbal had a lot of worded problems too. I found verbal and mumerical to be the teo hardest components of yhe exam. Now pleaae be honest, how many questions did u do in verbal and numerical because im trying to find out how others did to predict what i got in then. I did 37 in verbal and guessed and literally 15 in numerical, but i did very well on the other modules.
Bruh, let me be honest with you, from the sounds of it, and considering how well you said you did earlier in maths - you're gonna get in, don't stress. No joke, I don't think I even stand a chance anymore. But for verbal I did all of them, only guessed maximum 5. And then there was numerical, literally guessed 20 or more, but idk I feel like I've already forgotten how many i did or not. it was something like that. Good job on doing so well, really hope it all goes well for you.

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2019, 07:16:03 pm »
Bruh, let me be honest with you, from the sounds of it, and considering how well you said you did earlier in maths - you're gonna get in, don't stress. No joke, I don't think I even stand a chance anymore. But for verbal I did all of them, only guessed maximum 5. And then there was numerical, literally guessed 20 or more, but idk I feel like I've already forgotten how many i did or not. it was something like that. Good job on doing so well, really hope it all goes well for you.
Why are yíall even talking about the exam rn? I legit forgot it existed till today when I saw the Atar notes forum lol. The exam is over, you canít change anything now.

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
  • disgrace is an understatement
« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2019, 07:32:06 pm »
Bro i dont know if u wanna hear this but numerical had more reading to it than reasing comprehension. Verbal had a lot of worded problems too. I found verbal and mumerical to be the teo hardest components of yhe exam. Now pleaae be honest, how many questions did u do in verbal and numerical because im trying to find out how others did to predict what i got in then. I did 37 in verbal and guessed and literally 15 in numerical, but i did very well on the other modules.
well, for verbal i did every question except for all the worded problems (i did like 4 of them), for nr i did about 30 questions and guessed the rest. 

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #183 on: July 23, 2019, 07:35:26 pm »
Why are yíall even talking about the exam rn? I legit forgot it existed till today when I saw the Atar notes forum lol. The exam is over, you canít change anything now.
LOL sorry, I had a bad dream about it and it just suddenly came to my mind

khadeejaatif

• Trendsetter
  • jsjskkskjs year 10 kills
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #184 on: July 23, 2019, 07:43:42 pm »
whatever happens happens. if you get in, great. if you dont get in, you wont die. dont stress too much about it oof haha
year 10: bio 1/2
year 11: bio 3/4 (hopefully 40+), chem 1/2,accounting 1/2, spesh 1/2, methods 1/2 & english 1/2
year 12: chem 3/4 (hopefully 40+), methods 3/4 (hopefully 40+), accounting 3/4 (hopefully 40+), english 3/4 (hopefully 42+) and spesh (hopefully 40+)

arshia01

• Trendsetter
« Reply #185 on: July 24, 2019, 07:07:53 am »
whatever happens happens. if you get in, great. if you dont get in, you wont die. dont stress too much about it oof haha
True, but I feel like having a mental breakdown. Lol, is it just me?

m.yara184

• Trendsetter
« Reply #186 on: July 24, 2019, 11:15:06 am »

Bro thanks for boosting my confidence, but even though i did good on maths, everyone found it hard so it makes no difference. As u say, everyone found verbal easy, i didnt even come close to finishing. and everyone gyuessed around 20 for numerical, i guessed like 75% of the test. The Achievement tests are what will carry me, as i did well on reading, very good on writing, and aced maths, but idk if that will be enough.

arshia01

• Trendsetter
« Reply #187 on: July 24, 2019, 06:56:04 pm »
Bro thanks for boosting my confidence, but even though i did good on maths, everyone found it hard so it makes no difference. As u say, everyone found verbal easy, i didnt even come close to finishing. and everyone gyuessed around 20 for numerical, i guessed like 75% of the test. The Achievement tests are what will carry me, as i did well on reading, very good on writing, and aced maths, but idk if that will be enough.
Ayyy! Whatever you need man! I donít know you in person (thatís okay) but I really do think youíll be okay and donít stress too much. If you pretty much only feel like you stuffed up on 1-2 tests itís okay- remember there are people who didnít even finish writing and guessed entire tests. And also, getting into MHS is quite a big goal, so even if you donít (I doubt that!) be proud of yourself. I think Iím the one that should really be worried! 😅

khadeejaatif

• Trendsetter
  • jsjskkskjs year 10 kills
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2019, 06:59:17 pm »

haha nah a lot of people i know who tried out this year feel this way. like all the parabolas and completely new style of verbal and numerical was unexpected. just remember it was new for everyone. not everyone expects it. i never really expected them to have parabolas but previous years have had them (as well as binary and base 8 i hate them so much theyre the epitome of evil) but still. you should be proud that you even did the exam. my best friend (year below me) did the mock exam that james an was holding and freaked out after she sat it. a lot of people chicken out. the fact that you and many others didnt is already a massive achievement :)))
year 10: bio 1/2
year 11: bio 3/4 (hopefully 40+), chem 1/2,accounting 1/2, spesh 1/2, methods 1/2 & english 1/2
year 12: chem 3/4 (hopefully 40+), methods 3/4 (hopefully 40+), accounting 3/4 (hopefully 40+), english 3/4 (hopefully 42+) and spesh (hopefully 40+)

arshia01

• Trendsetter
« Reply #189 on: July 24, 2019, 07:20:38 pm »
+1
haha nah a lot of people i know who tried out this year feel this way. like all the parabolas and completely new style of verbal and numerical was unexpected. just remember it was new for everyone. not everyone expects it. i never really expected them to have parabolas but previous years have had them (as well as binary and base 8 i hate them so much theyre the epitome of evil) but still. you should be proud that you even did the exam. my best friend (year below me) did the mock exam that james an was holding and freaked out after she sat it. a lot of people chicken out. the fact that you and many others didnt is already a massive achievement :)))
(This is kind of irrelevant) But honestly thanks for saying that, it really makes  me feel better! I really hope I make it.
:)

rakshanaraj06

• Forum Regular
« Reply #190 on: July 24, 2019, 07:33:33 pm »

no sis, i feel ya. really nervous for the results ngll

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #191 on: July 24, 2019, 07:43:20 pm »
if you think thatís bad, I had a literal dream about the exam and woke up in tears :/

arshia01

• Trendsetter
« Reply #192 on: July 24, 2019, 07:50:42 pm »
no sis, i feel ya. really nervous for the results ngll
Yeah, obviously me too
if you think thatís bad, I had a literal dream about the exam and woke up in tears :/
Actually me too! But I kinda just woke up and then had like a panic attack.

m.yara184

• Trendsetter
« Reply #193 on: July 24, 2019, 11:32:58 pm »
Ayyy! Whatever you need man! I donít know you in person (thatís okay) but I really do think youíll be okay and donít stress too much. If you pretty much only feel like you stuffed up on 1-2 tests itís okay- remember there are people who didnít even finish writing and guessed entire tests. And also, getting into MHS is quite a big goal, so even if you donít (I doubt that!) be proud of yourself. I think Iím the one that should really be worried! 😅

You shouldnít be worried. If i were u Iíd be dying of happiness because I did good on verbal and numerical

arshia01

• Trendsetter
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2019, 06:48:51 am »
You shouldnít be worried. If i were u Iíd be dying of happiness because I did good on verbal and numerical
Thanks bro! That really helps! Nice of you to say that 😁