Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

August 23, 2019, 05:27:29 pm

Author Topic: Post Selective School Exam Discussion  (Read 5935 times)  Share 

academiicc

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Post Selective School Exam Discussion
« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2019, 10:29:23 pm »
Calm down everyone. Different people do differently. If someone found a test you did good at hard, thatís natural. Itís ok to tell everyone how you went and stuff but please just stop forcing your opinions on people. Itís super annoying.  :)

Yeah youíre right! we all found the difficulty of the tests slightly different. sorry for being annoying. i hate maths with a paSsion

academiicc

• Trailblazer
« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2019, 10:29:51 pm »
i think a lot of us are freaking out too much. Breathe, guys

serendipity17

• Trailblazer
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2019, 10:33:40 pm »
i think a lot of us are freaking out too much. Breathe, guys
yes definitely agreed, myself included

Chengy

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2019, 01:28:14 am »
hey i know this might be a bit late, but good job to u guys for completing the test and i hope all of u make it into your desired schools ! when i sat the test last yr, math was definitely the hardest subject for most ppl and i personally think u shouldnít worry too much about the test now. keep in mind tho, since basically everyone found math to be quite challenging, the Ďsuperiorí mark would be lower as ur results r all based off one another (this works the other way around as well :o).

someone5643

• Forum Regular
« Reply #139 on: June 18, 2019, 08:15:42 pm »
honestly everyone just good job on actually going through the assessment
If you get it congrats because wow but if you dont get in dont be too disheartened maybe it just wasnt meant for you
The fact that you actually care about the exam and your results shows that you guys are dedicated students and will strive in any school
anyways goodluck for the future and hopefully y'all get into the schools you want to <33
(I'm going for macrob)

The Progenitor

• Trailblazer
« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2019, 04:01:22 pm »
Wait, WHAT?  ??? :-\ :'(

CurryCid18, I just had a similar occurrence today and thought you might want to hear my opinion on this. I had a religion exam today, which is a pretty big deal, it's very strict on rules and stuff. When I was done with the test there was 20 or so minutes to spare and I whispered to a mate behind and the teacher saw and reported me. I was pretty anxious and nervous for the entire day, in anticipation of what was going to happen. But at the end of the day me and the few others that 'cheated' got called to the year 8 coordinator and pretty much just got a warning.

I know that the MHS exam is completely different to this, way stricter and important. But I think from these experiences we can learn to just take it easy, there is no point worrying about something you can't change. At the end, whether or not you get penalized/ let off just learn from your mistakes.

CurryCid18

• Adventurer
« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2019, 06:25:50 pm »
CurryCid18, I just had a similar occurrence today and thought you might want to hear my opinion on this. I had a religion exam today, which is a pretty big deal, it's very strict on rules and stuff. When I was done with the test there was 20 or so minutes to spare and I whispered to a mate behind and the teacher saw and reported me. I was pretty anxious and nervous for the entire day, in anticipation of what was going to happen. But at the end of the day me and the few others that 'cheated' got called to the year 8 coordinator and pretty much just got a warning.

I know that the MHS exam is completely different to this, way stricter and important. But I think from these experiences we can learn to just take it easy, there is no point worrying about something you can't change. At the end, whether or not you get penalized/ let off just learn from your mistakes.

I think youíre right. Maybe Iím overreacting, but the Selective school test means so much to me and I put so much effort. I canít help but think that I might have not got in just because of that incident. Guess I just sit back and wait now for the next month and a half. Btw, hope you did well on your religion exam.

Idiosyncratic28

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2019, 07:43:12 pm »

Hi Progenitor,

I only have to say Ď cheatí in Ďreligion examí sounds like oxymoron. LOL.

I wish no one cheats any exam !! So that itís fair for all.

Im sure Progenitor you were not doing anything silly but just had a chat since you finished you exam already by then, so good on you 👍🏼

Good luck to all here.

Ta

MemeMaster

• Trailblazer
  • memes
« Reply #143 on: June 20, 2019, 12:41:42 pm »
+1
Yeah, everyone should just lay back for now
When the test results come out in August, letís all come back on here and share our results!  :D
So for about 1 and a half months, bye all!
bork

arshia01

• Forum Regular
« Reply #144 on: June 20, 2019, 07:03:49 pm »
Yeah, everyone should just lay back for now
When the test results come out in August, letís all come back on here and share our results!  :D
So for about 1 and a half months, bye all!

Good idea, and just relax everyone, but donít slack off too much at school! I hope things go well for you all, bye! ;D

sippingtea

• Forum Regular
  • disgrace is an understatement
« Reply #145 on: June 20, 2019, 07:39:06 pm »
before everyone vanishes from this thread could i please ask for an estimate for the scores? (e.g sup would be 90%)
iíve kind of done it but i could very much be wrong. (Correct me if wrong please)
sup- 85-100%
aa-70-84%
ha-60-69%
a- 50-59%
la-35-49%
ba-0-34%
thanks so much for this in advance <333

khadeejaatif

• Trendsetter
  • jsjskkskjs year 10 kills
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #146 on: June 20, 2019, 07:41:04 pm »
+1
before everyone vanishes from this thread could i please ask for an estimate for the scores? (e.g sup would be 90%)
iíve kind of done it but i could very much be wrong. (Correct me if wrong please)
sup- 85-100%
aa-70-84%
ha-60-69%
a- 50-59%
la-35-49%
ba-0-34%

to my knowledge, i didnt receive a percentage. so i dont think it really matters because you are compared to how well the rest of the participants have done. maybe there are percentages and i didnt know but thats how it usually works
year 10: bio 1/2
year 11: bio 3/4 (hopefully 40+), chem 1/2, german 1/2, spesh 1/2, methods 1/2 & english 1/2
year 12: chem 3/4 (hopefully 40+), german 3/4 (hopefully 40+), methods 3/4 (hopefully 40+), english 3/4 (hopefully 42+) and spesh (hopefully 40+)

MemeMaster

• Trailblazer
  • memes
« Reply #147 on: June 20, 2019, 07:42:59 pm »
+1
sup- 85-100%
aa-70-84%
ha-60-69%
a- 50-59%
la-35-49%
ba-0-34%
the rankings are not based on marks as far as Iím aware, itís based on how well other people do so the superior might as well be like 60% for a test if lots of people found it super hard
bork

sippingtea

• Forum Regular
  • disgrace is an understatement
« Reply #148 on: June 20, 2019, 07:47:26 pm »
the rankings are not based on marks as far as Iím aware, itís based on how well other people do so the superior might as well be like 60% for a test if lots of people found it super hard
ahhh ok, makes sense now. Thanks! All the best and good luck!

blackcocoa

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #149 on: June 21, 2019, 01:55:20 pm »
hi guys,

i did the selective schools test yesterday and here's how i think i did

verbal: alright, but i guessed quite a few
numerical: same as verbal but guessed a bit more
writing: a decent piece; i only wrote a page and a bit, had figurative language tho
reading: probably the only one i did well on; finished this with like 2 mins to go, found it quite easy
maths: i guessed SO many; probably failed it

so could someone please tell me if i have a chance of making it in? pls be honest :)

ps. i'm going for macrob , anyone else?

thanks a lot :))

Judging by your description, I would say you have very high chance of making macrob.