Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 03, 2020, 12:33:52 pm

Author Topic: SEAS Cat. 2  (Read 610 times)  Share 

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


  • Fresh Poster
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Respect: 0
SEAS Cat. 2
« on: June 05, 2019, 11:59:21 pm »
I was wondering if having a health care card correlates to being eligible for category 2 in SEAS. Monash does mention it but the VTAC website does not. I do not receive any other Centrelink benefits.
Thank you in advance.


  • Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1930
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +954
Re: SEAS Cat. 2
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 06:28:09 pm »
Usually you have to have some form of Centrelink benefit to receive a HCC, so Iím just a bit confused. What are the letters next to the start date on your/ your parentsí/ guardiansí Health Care Card (HCC)?

Aside, some places do accept the HCC as proof of financial difficulty, however, Iím not sure whether VTAC will accept it. Best thing to do would be to contact VTAC themselves (link for contact details here) and ask. If you donít get a clear answer, Iíd suggest you complete Category 2 just in case and let them sort it out for you, once itís open for you. Theyíll either accept or reject the HCC as evidence and thus accept/ reject Category 2 of SEAS in your application. You will still be eligible for all other categories as per normal.
VCE: Psychology | English Language | LOTE | Mathematical Methods (CAS) | Further Mathematics | Chemistry                  
Uni: (Hons)