Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

August 22, 2019, 12:33:47 am

Author Topic: any kwong lee dow hopefuls?  (Read 705 times)

ashmi

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +4
Re: any kwong lee dow hopefuls?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2019, 10:18:04 pm »
+5

I think that makes it certain you get in but I could be wrong
Pretty much agree with you here! I had friends that applied for the program last year and were the only ones from their school and got in! On their website, it states that "at least one Young Scholar will be selected from each Victorian school" (if they put in at least one application) so if you are the only one to apply, you have a pretty big (but not absolutely certain) chance of getting in ;D
2019: Further Maths [Aim: 47]

2020: Methods | PDT | Chemistry | Physics | English

"Be reasonable, demand the impossible"

KLD Scholar Class of 2020
Next: -> NYSF 2020 @ Canberra.

laura_

• MOTM: JUNE 19
  • Forum Leader
  • happy, free, confused and lonely at the same time
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2019, 10:23:50 pm »
+2
That's exciting to hear. I doubt that anyone at my school will apply, so hopefully, I will have a good chance if I do.
give like the sun and the whole world grows tall - atticus

https://www.surveylegend.com/s/1nik

Remy33

• Forum Regular
  • I don't like food, I love it.
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2019, 11:55:04 pm »
+2
That's exciting to hear. I doubt that anyone at my school will apply, so hopefully, I will have a good chance if I do.

I think you're almost certainly guaranteed a place then, if you think no one else is applying. I was the only one in my school who put in an application in year 10 and got in, and my "resume" wasn't even that impressive.
<  VCE  2018 2019  >
Portuguese  |   Russian  |  Chinese  |  English  |  Global Politics  |  Methods

'If you kicked the person in the pants responsible for your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.'
- Theodore Roosevelt

jeydanaazli

• Forum Regular
  • stream epiphany
  • Respect: +28
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2019, 07:06:21 am »
+1
I think you're almost certainly guaranteed a place then, if you think no one else is applying. I was the only one in my school who put in an application in year 10 and got in, and my "resume" wasn't even that impressive.

!!! this is exciting
2019: HHD

^^^111^^^

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2019, 08:14:56 am »
+2

I think that makes it certain you get in but I could be wrong
Pretty much agree with you here! I had friends that applied for the program last year and were the only ones from their school and got in! On their website, it states that "at least one Young Scholar will be selected from each Victorian school" (if they put in at least one application) so if you are the only one to apply, you have a pretty big (but not absolutely certain) chance of getting in ;D

Wow that sounds great! Thanks so much for all your help :)