Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

October 14, 2019, 04:43:03 pm

Poll

What Is Your Favourite Chocolate Brand?

Cadbury
Lint
Whittakers
Hahndorf's
Haigh's chocolates
Other
Coco Black

Author Topic: Geoo's VCE Journey  (Read 7440 times)

Geoo

• Trendsetter
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +53
Re: Geoo's VCE Journey
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2019, 12:47:12 am »
+2
Would atar notes topic help with this or knowin all of the study design
They probably would, but they would come to late and I think focusing on the VCAA exams is the best thing at the moment due to time contraints.
Awe, I get how you feel to be overwhelmed by the workload for so many subjects. I'm also doing Methods 1/2 and all I've got to say is don't worry! It's not as hard to catch up on as it may seem. Most of it is just briefly looking through chapters - maybe a summary notes would help like ATAR Notes' 3/4 (I use 3/4 instead of 1/2 books for Methods because it really is the same content) - and spending a bit of time applying them

Chemistry sounds awful!!! Good luck, like you said it's one week to go and you will definitely get through it!
Thanks for the support, it really helps in times of stress. Thats a bit of a relief, I am a bit scared that it will still take a while as I haven't learnt the content before, but hopefully I can push through! And thank you for the advice, i'll definitely go check out the notes! It's interesting that I have fallen behind this much, since I have loved maths in the past, but with a new format of learning it online, it has really thrown me for a loop and made me lose my passion for it.
Hey Geoo!
Don't beat yourself up about only being able to work for 3 - 4 hours a day, make sure you rest and look after youself. Good luck with your study, you got this!
Awe thank you, I will try and look after myself. I am pacing more as I have found a better routine so I have gotten the chance to resting a bit more. Thanks for the wishes!
 :D
.                                                                                                         |2019| Biology.
                                                                          |2020| English, Maths Methods, Food Studies, Chemistry.
                                                                                                       My VCE 2020 Journal

Geoo

• Trendsetter
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +53
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2019, 06:10:35 pm »
+2
Term 4 - 13/10/2019 - 19 Days Till Exam

So I am going to keep this update short. I have had kind of a tough week. I ended up having a meltdown over biology and how my progression is going. This may seem superficial or what ever but I just started bawling my eyes out over how badly I am going in the practice exams. The first exam I did I got a 47%, and that just broke me. I had worked my arse off this year to do so well in this subject, spending hours on revision, learning the content, getting constantly high SAC scores and everything, and if all that hard work just adds up to getting a score that was way below what I wanted, it would just make me feel as if I had wasted all the time. I LOVE biology, and it is something I want to study along side chemistry at university. If you spoke to me in person, I know how to answer these questions and relate content back but I just can't seem to right it on paper or to VCAA's standards.

For example: If I say nucleotides when talking about transcription instead of base pairs, marked down. If I repeated one portion of the question to then answer, marked down, one year the correct answer is alpha coils and alpha helix is wrong, the next year alpha helix is right and alpha coils is wrong.... There are just so many things that is making pull my hair out and is seriously making me judge my ability to do this subject.

Looking on the positive side, the two other exams I did (VCAA 2013 and 2014) I managed to average a 70%, which is alright but still no where near where I want it to be. So I am just very frustrated and stressed out of my mind.
One good thing is is that I am getting my pacing down alot better so I am able to get more work in at the moment, which is great. I am doing my last SAC for biology today (I know that it is sunday but as long as it is on my teacher desk before they get to work on monday, then I am fine + I am home schooled so this is how it is....). I don't know how I feel with how this will go, but I am hoping for the best!
.                                                                                                         |2019| Biology.
                                                                          |2020| English, Maths Methods, Food Studies, Chemistry.
                                                                                                       My VCE 2020 Journal

whys

• Trendsetter
  • I laugh in the face of danger
  • Respect: +116
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2019, 06:47:28 pm »
+2

So I am going to keep this update short. I have had kind of a tough week. I ended up having a meltdown over biology and how my progression is going. This may seem superficial or what ever but I just started bawling my eyes out over how badly I am going in the practice exams. The first exam I did I got a 47%, and that just broke me. I had worked my arse off this year to do so well in this subject, spending hours on revision, learning the content, getting constantly high SAC scores and everything, and if all that hard work just adds up to getting a score that was way below what I wanted, it would just make me feel as if I had wasted all the time. I LOVE biology, and it is something I want to study along side chemistry at university. If you spoke to me in person, I know how to answer these questions and relate content back but I just can't seem to right it on paper or to VCAA's standards.

For example: If I say nucleotides when talking about transcription instead of base pairs, marked down. If I repeated one portion of the question to then answer, marked down, one year the correct answer is alpha coils and alpha helix is wrong, the next year alpha helix is right and alpha coils is wrong.... There are just so many things that is making pull my hair out and is seriously making me judge my ability to do this subject.

Looking on the positive side, the two other exams I did (VCAA 2013 and 2014) I managed to average a 70%, which is alright but still no where near where I want it to be. So I am just very frustrated and stressed out of my mind.
One good thing is is that I am getting my pacing down alot better so I am able to get more work in at the moment, which is great. I am doing my last SAC for biology today (I know that it is sunday but as long as it is on my teacher desk before they get to work on monday, then I am fine + I am home schooled so this is how it is....). I don't know how I feel with how this will go, but I am hoping for the best!

Hey dude... 70%! That's a massive improvement and you should be very proud of yourself. I have a friend doing legal 3/4 at the moment and she also got 47% on her first practice exam, and 49% on the next. Please please PLEASE do not be disheartened by this. You just need to keep going and you'll be much better. Safe to say that my friend will now constantly get in the 80s percentage-wise. Just make sure that you learn from each practice exam and never make the same mistake twice! I believe in you :D
𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟿: 𝘱𝘴𝘺𝘤𝘩 | 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘥
𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟶: 𝘦𝘯𝘨 | 𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘥𝘴 | 𝘣𝘪𝘰 | 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘮

J_Rho

• Forum Obsessive
  • Graduating Year: 2020
  • Respect: +112
« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2019, 07:12:34 pm »
+1

Hey Geoo! Congrats on the good praccy exam marks! I've only completed the 2017 Neap one and the 2018 VCAA one so your way ahead of me in the number of exams you've done AND your scores!! You still have the best part of 3 weeks to improve for the exam :)
Biology

English, Further, Psych, Legal