Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 20, 2019, 04:25:19 pm

Author Topic: Trying to get a 90+ Atar  (Read 2726 times)

mango8

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +29
Re: Trying to get a 90+ Atar
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2019, 10:27:36 pm »
+1

Accounting

started new topic - Income statements - Really easy
The results for the last sac have been great. I got the highest score, 24/25 - stuffed up one question which easily could've got me full marks.

-----------------------------------------

So, considering the fact that Economics is very content heavy - more than ever now with the final area of Study for unit 3 - I will set aside 30-45 minutes each night to revise all of the posters I have written for each key knowledge dot point on the study design. This study will be very helpful when the SAC time comes. I did the same thing during the first month of term 1, but with all of the homework, it get's hard to stay motivated to do that study after having already expended energy on other tasks. HOWEVER, my mind is no longer weak, I am not undisciplined, and I will no longer make excuses.

Nice job on Accounting sac! Sucks about the last question though, can relate. And I really admire your work ethic and discipline. Setting such a specific goal and having that mindset is excellent. I should do that too. All the best for sac preparation and a good rest of the week with the motivation to succeed.

Seamus Wong

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2019, 09:20:13 pm »
School: (only had one class today)

Accounting - 2.5 hours - every single question in the chapter review for cash-flow statements done and corrected. I will redo one or two of them tomorrow at lunch time on the school computer in preparation for the next SAC, which will be done on the school computers, so that I can improve my speed - Accounting is quite an easy subject so the one thing that they can use to challenge us is to make the time limit very short so that only the best of the best can get them done with a high degree of accuracy.

Hung out with some friends actually for about 40 minutes after class - Needed to just so that I can relieve myself from any stress and get away from thinking about VCE for a bit.

I went and got a HSP afterwards - tasted so good.

Home:

Algorithmics - 2 hours (Revision of proofs of correctness of algorithms - got a sac on Tuesday)
Economics - 1 hour (revision of content (memorising all of the key areas of knowledge) and answering questions)
English Language - 3 hours (collected and analysed contemporary language examples and did some planning for the Essay SAC on Friday next week.

Will work out now - legs
10 sets of 10 reps of squats - should take roughly 45 minutes hopefully.
Afterwards, I will do some general revision for all my subjects by looking over the posters I have on my wall containing all of the key knowledge areas.
I will then Pack my bag for tomorrow and then sleep.

Productivity today = 8/10. Need to only check emails at a specific time after I have finished work, not while I'm in the middle of one task.

Tomorrow will be better.

NomotivationF

• Trendsetter
  • Serial procrastinator
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2019, 05:58:46 pm »
+1
Your productivity on average from when you started this journal till this point has improved soooooooooo much!!!! It gives me so much hope. Keep it up dude
My journey through VCE

2018 - Accounting [42], Further Maths [44]
2019 (Aims)- English [~37], Economics [~40], Psychology [~45], Maths methods [25+]
2020-2024 (Hopefully) - Bachelor of Commerce/Science @Monash

Seamus Wong

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2019, 10:59:45 pm »
+1
Hmm,
really terrible day
I have come to the realisation that my English language essays are shit and lack any substance at all.
I need to improve.

Had a good run of productivity over the past two weeks, but today I went in the opposite direction.
I didn't make any solid plan for my practice essay and as a result, the time that it took to actually write the essay was much longer than it should have been.
The essay that I did write in my eyes, is not completely terrible - it's probably above average - but it definitely doesn't quality as one that's written by a 37+ SS student.

I have sent it to my teacher for feedback, hopefully I get some relevant and directly actionable advice.

--------------------

Here is how my time was spent today:

8:45 to 10:00 - reading over the essay prompt - wrote an introduction and a little bit of planning for each paragraph - nowhere near enough though and it was nothing that could act as a framework upon which I could easily build the bulk of my paragraphs off of.
10:00 to 10:30 - Saw economics teacher and she corrected some questions for me - This topic is good, I need to revise hard though so ensure I know everything so I can get an acceptable sac score.
10:30-10:50 Ate food in the school cafeteria
10:50-11:10 Went to economics class early and just engaged in useless small talk and banter with idiots
11:10-12:00 Listened to the teacher go over the factors that affect the value of the AUD - Relative interest rates, Terms of trade, relative rates of inflation, Demand for Exports and Imports, Capital flows.
12:00-1:00 tried to do english - got maybe 10 minutes of work done within the hour - rest of time spent not focusing due to my failure to have an adequate plan and getting easily distracted by people around me.
1:00-1:50 - Wrote some more essay shit - was totally out of it and the resulting paragraph was horrid.
1:50-2:40 - Got advice from teacher, adjusted introduction, fixed the first body paragraph - Good
2:40-3:30 - Got home and did household 'chores'
spent rest of time doing English, had a nap, finished essay. sent it to teacher, wrote another basic plan for another essay that needs to be written.

Gotta be honest with myself, today was a fucking shit day
Productivity = 5/10