Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

September 19, 2020, 10:09:24 pm

Author Topic: Get to know you series :) [CURRENTLY: What is the first book you bought/read]  (Read 15370 times)  Share 

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1515
PROMPT: If you could give yourself at the start of the year advice based on what you know now, what would it be?

- Actually make plans with people while you can. Video chats are nice but it's not the same as seeing people face to face
- Invest in good devices instead of wasting your money on things such as clothes and makeup. You have so many clothes and makeup already- invest in devices that could help kickstart your career! (looking for a drawing tablet right now to purchase hello)
- Hug your friends a lot more; I really miss hugging my friends
- Stop complaining about your job. It might be shit to work at a pharmacy previously but now- I'm grateful that I have still have my job when some of my friends have been forced to leave Sydney and return to their towns. Being an essential worker at this time helps me balance the pandemic that's happening now and my life prior to the pandemic.
- Go on campus instead of "studying" at home. You're missing out on the unique studying environment on campus and the facilities that you have access to.
- Really focus your energy on the people that really matter
- Appreciate the outdoors a lot more instead of being on your computer 24/7
- Bruh just really appreciate the taste of spaghetti while you can. There was a month gap where I didn't eat pasta because of the panic buyers and that made me sad because spaghetti is one of my favourite meals ahaha.
- Be honest with people and be yourself (so cheesy but it's true)
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2644
PROMPT: If you could give yourself at the start of the year advice based on what you know now, what would it be?

When riding downhill on a motorbike, don't pull the front brake too hard
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

Einstein_Reborn_97

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Regular
  • There is no substitute for hard work.
  • Respect: +42
When riding downhill on a motorbike, don't pull the front brake too hard
Duh...haha jk, how bad was it?
HSC 2020: Advanced English | Advanced Mathematics | Physics | Chemistry | Biology | Studies of Religion 2

My HSC Journey Journal

Calebark

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
Duh...haha jk, how bad was it?

Haha, actually not too bad! I didn't even feel anything hit my head, as the helmet was fantastic. I dislocated and fractured my right arm, my right side was purple from bruising for a bit, and I was limping for a few weeks, but that's about it. Other than a few minor scars on my arm and knee, you can't even tell I was an idiot!

artistic representation
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 12:28:32 am by Calebark »

Einstein_Reborn_97

• Forum Regular
Haha, actually not too bad! I didn't even feel anything hit my head, as the helmet was fantastic. I dislocated and fractured my right arm, my right side was purple from bruising for a bit, and I was limping for a few weeks, but that's about it. Other than a few minor scars on my arm and knee, you can't even tell I was an idiot!
Haha not too bad then. How long ago was this? Is it still healing?
HSC 2020: Advanced English | Advanced Mathematics | Physics | Chemistry | Biology | Studies of Religion 2

My HSC Journey Journal

Calebark

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
Haha not too bad then. How long ago was this? Is it still healing?

This was during the long weekend in late January. Thankfully I'm fully healed, which means I'm all set to do it again

Einstein_Reborn_97

• Forum Regular
This was during the long weekend in late January. Thankfully I'm fully healed, which means I'm all set to do it again
Great to hear! This time, when riding uphill, pull the rear break hard to see what happens :P

My HSC Journey Journal

insanipi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos"
  • Respect: +2932
New prompt!
What's the first book you remember buying or reading?

First one I bought? I remember saving $20 (in a month) to get one John Green book back in year 10 (2014)

First ones I read? I remember being read/reading Pony Pals when I was like 5 🙈
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) (Drug Delivery, Disposition and Dynamics- focusing on molecular biol and editing of glowy proteins)
Follow my uni journey here!

The Cat In The Hat

• Forum Obsessive
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +72
+7
First book I bought: I cannot recall, but one that sticks out clearly in my mind is Eldest. Why I bought it before I had even read Eragon, I do not know.
First book I read: the Bible, with my family, every night. :)
VCE 2018-2020
2019: HHD 3/4 (31->?)
2020: Methods 3/4 (36?->?) | Revolutions (France/Russia) 3/4 (32?->?) | English 3/4 (43?->?) | Texts and Traditions 3/4 (42?->?)
Aiming 92+ ATAR - SS's in italics are my aims... some more unrealistic than others (I'm looking at you, Texts, English!)
Aims for uni/life
-Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Midwifery at Deakin (straight Nursing instead if I don't get in)
-Write/publish books (thanks NaNoWriMo.org!)
For Narnia!
Have counted to 73

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1515
+6
First one I bought: Think it was the first ever Diary of a Wimpy Kid book when I was 8 years old

First one I read: I honestly can't remember the exact one but I remember reading "We're Going on a Bear Hunt" when I was in Year 1
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +910
+7
First book I bought: This took some memory retracing as well a re-examination of my small home library. My first actual purchase was the Big Nate Big Six-Book Box Set from Costco. I was obsessed with the Big Nate comics and read all the ones available in school. When I saw it, I carried it to my mum, begged until she finally gave me permission to buy it with my pocket money (yes, I needed to ask her first) and read through all six within a week  :)

First one I read: I absolutely cannot remember to save myself. I have always been surrounded by them so I have zero idea what my first actual read was. If we count being read to, my grandma read me The Little Prince every night to put me to sleep. My first independent read though was probably a book from kindergarten but I have no clue what it was.

Really thought-provoking prompt by the way, insanipi!

-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Rise up, wise up, eyes up.
  • Respect: +711
+5
First book i bought: Skullduggery pleasant books in a local op shop i got like 4 of them for $8

First book I read: No idea but there are photos/videos of me reading gold spine books when I was 2 or 3
Free Primary and 7-10 Tutoring
Message me, or visit my website!

2020 Goals
English 40, Further Maths 45, Biology 45, Legal Studies 40, Psychology 40

Aspirations
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Paramedicine (Honours) @ Monash

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2633
First book i bought: Skullduggery pleasant books in a local op shop i got like 4 of them for $8

First book I read: No idea but there are photos/videos of me reading gold spine books when I was 2 or 3
Haha came here to say Skulduggery Pleasant also! I don't know if it's the first book I bought, but definitely one of the first that I remember buying.
2017-2020: Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours)

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Rise up, wise up, eyes up.
  • Respect: +711
+1
Haha came here to say Skulduggery Pleasant also! I don't know if it's the first book I bought, but definitely one of the first that I remember buying.
Its suuuch a good series though, i reread then in the first round of iso and was like huh these books are still good 😂
Free Primary and 7-10 Tutoring
Message me, or visit my website!

2020 Goals
English 40, Further Maths 45, Biology 45, Legal Studies 40, Psychology 40

Aspirations
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Paramedicine (Honours) @ Monash

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2633
Its suuuch a good series though, i reread then in the first round of iso and was like huh these books are still good 😂
They're so good right!! I got halfway through re-reading the series last year but got sidetracked. Should get back into it soon but I have so many books on my to-read list haha.
2017-2020: Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours)