Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 10, 2020, 05:51:00 am

Author Topic: Get to know you series :) [CURRENTLY: introducing yourself!]  (Read 10583 times)  Share 

KatherineGale

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +68
Re: Get to know you series :) [CURRENTLY: introducing yourself!]
« Reply #195 on: February 21, 2020, 10:59:04 pm »
+4
Whilst I'm on this thread:

-I can't write anything without it ending up being an essay in length. I don't mean to. I really don't :)

-I secretly love really bogan music, like the stuff with the heavy Aussie accent. It's bloody hilarious.

-I write books, but I'll never tell you more than that. If I ever do publish, it'll be under a different name haha.

-I grew up in a haunted house.

-I love Chinese food so much that I genuinely think it will be cheaper for me long term to just invest in a restaurant in exchange for free food.

-I am probably one of the most contradictory people I know - I love rap music and classical, I am strictly logical and believe ghosts exist (though not the way most people see them - it's just energy) etc. I don't even understand myself :)

-This is probably one of my shortest posts.

-Oh, and I have really long hair (almost past my bum) but it's no where near the length I want it. I won't stop until it's a little under the back of my knees.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 11:03:14 pm by KatherineGale »

Sine

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • ARTWORK 23
  • Respect: +1222
« Reply #196 on: February 21, 2020, 11:21:11 pm »
+4
I am probably one of the most contradictory people I know - I love rap music and classical.
Why do you think this is contradictory?  :)

Maybe knowing your favourites from each genre will give more context haha

Music is becoming more and more genreless and at least from my experience it definitely isn't uncommon for someone to appreciate the best from many "genres".

KatherineGale

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +68
« Reply #197 on: February 21, 2020, 11:51:21 pm »
+1
Why do you think this is contradictory?  :)

Haha, it's less that I think they're contradictory, than they tend to be placed in those categories. As you said though, it's happening a lot less nowadays.

I mean, I love 2016 Golden Era Records Cypher https://youtu.be/alPNKJ3IXxM and also Tchaikovsky's Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, so... :)
(Also, is it just me or would dance of the sugar plum fairy be the perfect music for a horror scene starring giant spiders terrorising people?)

I'm so glad I found Hilltop Hoods - their restrung album had rap to a classically inspired backdrop and they're my staple songs. I think they actually used a choir when they went touring with that album, which would have been amazing live. So, they, like you said, blur the lines between genres.

Sine

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • ARTWORK 23
  • Respect: +1222
« Reply #198 on: February 22, 2020, 11:01:52 am »
+1
Haha, it's less that I think they're contradictory, than they tend to be placed in those categories. As you said though, it's happening a lot less nowadays.

I mean, I love 2016 Golden Era Records Cypher https://youtu.be/alPNKJ3IXxM and also Tchaikovsky's Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, so... :)
(Also, is it just me or would dance of the sugar plum fairy be the perfect music for a horror scene starring giant spiders terrorising people?)

I'm so glad I found Hilltop Hoods - their restrung album had rap to a classically inspired backdrop and they're my staple songs. I think they actually used a choir when they went touring with that album, which would have been amazing live. So, they, like you said, blur the lines between genres.

fair enough... I agree that with casual music listener's and anyone not properly exposed to each "genre" may still hold those sort of views haha