Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

October 22, 2019, 12:06:35 am

Author Topic: Get to know you series :) [CURRENTLY: favourite day of the week?]  (Read 5568 times)  Share 

laura_

• MOTM: JUNE 19
  • Forum Leader
  • happy, free, confused and lonely at the same time
  • Respect: +332
Re: Get to know you series :) [CURRENTLY: TV shows growing up]
« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2019, 06:59:44 am »
+4
PROMPT: What's an activity/endeavour you've always wanted to pursue, but haven't?

I've always wanted to do a triathlon. I love swimming and riding my bike (and I use to do a bit of running) but I just never have. I stopped swimming a couple of years back and haven't been on a run in forever so I think that I'm a bit nervous to start back up because I don't think I'd be very good. I'm thinking that it will be a good future endeavour, perhaps when I have more time to go to the pool.
give like the sun and the whole world grows tall - atticus

https://www.surveylegend.com/s/1nik

whys

• Trendsetter
  • I laugh in the face of danger
  • Respect: +119
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2019, 11:28:08 am »
+4
PROMPT: What's an activity/endeavour you've always wanted to pursue, but haven't?

It's been a dream to own my own horse and learn how to ride it. I'm really not that advanced - I barely ride because all the horse riding places are very far away and are expensive. I've gone cantering a few times, and I absolutely love it. I always have a massive smile on my face as I'm whizzing past the trees and other people and it's only my horse and I. It honestly feels like we're flying. Hopefully when I'm older I can actually go to proper lessons and maybe even get my own horse!

I've also really wanted to learn a type of martial art. I've always been into fighting and the techniques associated with it, but I've never actually gotten to learning anything. Self-defence can be a very useful skill in this world right now too - but I'd mainly like to learn for the sheer curiosity and because it sounds super fun.

Okay this one is a bit extreme - but travel the world. I've always wanted to visit some of the world's most beautiful flora and fauna, as well as seeing the aurora borealis. I'd love to go to the safaris and national parks, as well as deserts and oceans and, I guess I have a lot I want to see :D. The reason I want to see so much is not just because of the obvious reasons, but also because I love to draw, and there's nothing better than sketching things you see with your own two eyes (I mean, Disney didn't bring real animals into their studios when they were animating for nothing!). Just the way animals move - the anatomy of their muscles can only really be grasped when you go out there and actually see it. The experience is so much more different from drawing looking at photographs. I'd love to end up with a sketchbook full of drawings of different animals, plants, scenery and buildings. It would be a once in a lifetime experience!
𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟿: 𝘱𝘴𝘺𝘤𝘩 | 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘥
𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟶: 𝘦𝘯𝘨 | 𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘥𝘴 | 𝘣𝘪𝘰 | 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘮

khadeejaatif

• Trendsetter
  • jsjskkskjs year 10 kills
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2019, 08:07:25 pm »
+2

i really wanna play the keyboard but im already busy with so much other stuff i just cant :,))
year 10: bio 1/2
year 11: bio 3/4 (hopefully 40+), chem 1/2,accounting 1/2, spesh 1/2, methods 1/2 & english 1/2
year 12: chem 3/4 (hopefully 40+), methods 3/4 (hopefully 40+), accounting 3/4 (hopefully 40+), english 3/4 (hopefully 42+) and spesh (hopefully 40+)

brothanathan

• Trendsetter
  • Be virtuous my friend.
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2019, 04:02:18 pm »
+1

Become a World-Class Gentleman in the 21st Century ;D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 04:04:50 pm by brothanathan »
"In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength."

Class of 2020

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #139 on: July 12, 2019, 08:37:58 pm »
Improving my drawing skills and learning how to play a musical instrument.
2019: LOTE 1/2
2020: LOTE 3/4, Literature, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematical Methods (CAS), Religion and Society, (another) LOTE 1/2

Feeling unmotivated? Check out some quotes here: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=186285.0
My Work Experience Guide for Year 9's/Year 10's: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=187438.msg1131904#msg1131904

laura_

• Forum Leader
« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2019, 08:58:35 pm »
Become a World-Class Gentleman in the 21st Century ;D

Care to elaborate?

brothanathan

• Trendsetter
  • Be virtuous my friend.
« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2019, 11:49:23 pm »
+2
Care to elaborate?

Many people of my sexuality are just narcissistic and ignorant and I wouldn't admit it in the past. My aim is to always be authentic and up to the front with myself. Have real confidence, open yet considerate and compassionate. I already understand the selfless acts other sexualities

J41: removed part of this post, please feel free to contact me if any issues.

Edit: All cool for me Joseph, to be fair I kinda sounded like a p*** in the way I used beautiful women and sweetie (if one interprets it that way). Lesson learned must censor accordingly.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 12:04:02 am by brothanathan »
"In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength."

Class of 2020

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +453
« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2019, 06:27:50 pm »
+4

Starting up a Youtube channel! I have this vision of combining my musical endeavours with my education studies where I cover a bunch of cool songs and then do a little song analysis/deconstruction at the end of the videos. The idea behind it is to teach musical concepts in a more practical way (i.e showing how it's been applied in the music itself). I think musicology can greatly enhance performance experiences so I figured this would be an ideal way to have my own side project as an educator, alongside study and work. I've just never had time. It's definitely something I want to pursue long term though  :D You'll all be the first to know about it  ;)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 06:30:02 pm by angewina_naguen »

-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

laura_

• Forum Leader
« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2019, 06:30:03 pm »
+1
Starting up a Youtube channel! I have this vision of combining my musical endeavours with my education studies where I cover a bunch of cool songs and then do a little song analysis/deconstruction at the end of the videos. I love performing as much as I love musicology so I figured this would be an ideal way to have my own side project, alongside full time study/work. I've just never had time. It's definitely something I want to pursue long term though  :D You'll all be the first to know about it  ;)

That would be so cool and I'd totally watch it even though I know nothing about musicology. I started up a YouTube channel this week (something I'd been thinking about for a while) and it was surprisingly easy. Would totally recommend and can't wait for an update!

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +453
« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2019, 06:35:45 pm »
+1
That would be so cool and I'd totally watch it even though I know nothing about musicology. I started up a YouTube channel this week (something I'd been thinking about for a while) and it was surprisingly easy. Would totally recommend and can't wait for an update!

What a coincidence! That's great to hear. Will definitely keep you all in the loop and post if I do decide to set one up in the near future ;D

-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Oxford comma and Avett Brothers enthusiast.
  • Respect: +6280
Re: Get to know you series :) [CURRENTLY: things you haven't pursued]
« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2019, 05:22:53 pm »
+5
PROMPT: As a rule, what's your favourite day of the week? Why?
One wug.

katie,rinos

• HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +876
« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2019, 05:29:42 pm »
+3
Probably Friday. I don't have uni on Fridays and at the moment it's the day I have clarinet lessons and band (and get to meet up with a bunch of my friends). In year 12, it was the night I took off studying, and was just the last day before the weekend. :)
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

laura_

• Forum Leader
« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2019, 05:34:19 pm »
+4

Probably Saturday! I feel like I have the whole weekend ahead of me and generally, it is the centre of all the fun things I do. I see friends on Friday night and Sunday morning so on Saturday I feel happy because I've spent time with some awesome people but I still have more to look forward too. I also get to do lots of fun things on Saturday with some very special kids at work and then spend time with my family in the evening.

I also have a rule that I don't do homework on a Friday night or a Saturday Instead, I get most of it done during the week by waking up early. Not sure if this will change as I get further through VCE, but at the moment it is working pretty well for me.

homeworkisapotato

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #148 on: July 15, 2019, 08:58:55 pm »
+2
Saturday because it's a chill day for me with the weekend just beginning and I never do homework on the day. It'll change next year when I start vce ofc. I also bake and cook a lot so it's just a wind down day ;D
"Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one."
-Bill Gates

brothanathan

• Trendsetter
  • Be virtuous my friend.
« Reply #149 on: July 15, 2019, 09:11:09 pm »
+1

Sunday is my favourite day of the week and specifically Sunday night. When I stay ahead of my work and be productive the whole week I can reward myself some time to do whatever I want or refresh my mind for the week ahead.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 09:12:58 pm by brothanathan »

Class of 2020