Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:51:11 pm

Author Topic: Rejected from Monash Minds?  (Read 1073 times)  Share 

brynstar

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +17
Rejected from Monash Minds?
« on: March 06, 2019, 08:59:44 pm »
Hey!
So as part of a scholarship I got an invitation to join Monash Minds and I applied almost straight away. Today I found out that I got put on their waiting list, which was kind of devastating and confusing for a few reasons. Before I submitted it, I showed my application to educated family members who have experience writing things like that and made sure it was clearly and succinctly written - they were impressed. Plus I thought that what I had to say was interesting and relatively original (without being arrogant of course, I'm not saying I was the best applicant).
I'm wondering if it's because I mentioned some stuff in my application that was slightly political (eg. lack of action on climate change and prejudice against refugees) and they didn't like my politics?
So I guess my questions are
1) Does anyone know what they look for in applications and why they might accept or reject someone?
2) Is it done by faculty? Is it possible that there were way more people in my faculties applying and this made it harder for me to get in than someone I know from a different faculty who got in? (I do arts/law)

2016 - Indonesian SL (43)
2017 - Psychology ( 47)
2018 - Literature (50 + Premier's Award), French (45), Latin (35), Deakin Accelerate Psychological Science (5.0) ATAR - 99.85

2019 - Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Arts @ Monash University

Now selling essays on Twelfth Night, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Ariel and General Conversation Notes for French! PM for details!