Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

July 17, 2019, 04:53:28 pm

Author Topic: A cat's VCE Journey!  (Read 3250 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • It's Over 9000!!
  • Oxford comma and Avett Brothers enthusiast.
  • Respect: +5971
Re: catpacksnapback's VCE Journey (to medicine?)!
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2019, 04:02:14 pm »
+2
I have just registered for the 1/2 Biology, 1/2 Chemistry, and UCAT/Getting Into Medicine ATARNotes holiday lectures! So stoked.

Yaaassss! Which are you looking forward to most? :)
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man. Yeet ahoy!

FREE HSC RESOURCES
FREE QCE RESOURCES
FREE VCE RESOURCES

catpacksnapback

• Forum Regular
  • The average housecat.
  • Respect: +43
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2019, 04:16:02 pm »
+1
Yaaassss! Which are you looking forward to most? :)

Thank you for asking (and for the enthusiasm!) ;D You know, I'm honestly not sure! They're all really valuable, but I think I'm biased - really excited to hear more about the UCAT and medicine pathway! - Though I am a bit miffed at myself for missing the general VCE lecture!

Speaking of which... Don't call me a huge nerd (or do, I'll own up to that) but my student edition of the Gray's Anatomy textbook (my birthday present to myself) came in the mail today! It's the newest one (published on the first of March) and the thing is GORGEOUS. I have plenty to read in my (totally nonexistent) spare time now!
Panicking.

2018: Media 1/2
2019: Psychology 1/2, Biology 1/2, Literature 1/2, Chemistry 1/2
The Future (probably)
2020: Biology 3/4, Literature 3/4, Chemistry 3/4, Math Methods 1/2
2021: Psychology 3/4, Math Methods 3/4, Health and Human Development 3/4
Goal: Survive (and Medicine, ideally!)
Class of 2021

catpacksnapback

• Forum Regular
  • The average housecat.
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2019, 01:09:05 pm »
+5
FINALLYYYYYYY. I JUST submitted my Literature SAC. This is the final day of the grace period; so, needless to say, not getting away with doing THAT again. I was putting it off because my vocabulary really lost touch, and I was hoping it was just the day.. but nope. :( That was nowhere near my standards. No matter - at least it is done! One more week of Literature before I'm fully caught up again. Hopefully I'll finish that today. Once that's done, that just leaves Week 9, the final week of Term 1! I'm relatively confident I'll be done with my second Biology SAC by the end of next week, Psychology shouldn't be a big deal, and I've already read the book I'm supposed to read over the week for Literature. Good good! That only leaves the FIVE WEEKS of Chemistry work that I'm going to be catching up on once everything else is done for the work.

Updating from Saturday!
I (after blacking out, which always seems to be the case with Literature) managed to complete and submit Week 8 of Literature yesterday; so I'm caught up in everything except for Chemistry! There's no other surprise Chemistry SACs until Term 2 (Week 12) so I'm thinking of dedicating the holidays to catching up on those said five weeks. I'm totally happy with that, but I'm worried it won't leave me very much time to get ahead on my other subjects! D: Overall, though, my plan over the next three weeks is as follows: Complete Week 9 (finish Term 1) in Literature, Psychology, and Biology (SAC next week!), do those 5 weeks of Chemistry, then summarize Unit 1's study design in my notes, study the remainder (I can't do this in Chemistry since they're doing Unit 2&3 material (for some reason)), and hopefully have a bit of a head start by the time we get into Term 2! (Luckily I've already read the book they wanted us to read for Literature (fly away peter by David Malouf) and I have basically everything ready to do that Biology SAC! Maybe I'll do that today? Or just more Chemistry.. see if I can lighten the workload on the holidays.)

Anyway! Thank you for reading, stay safe!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 08:11:32 am by catpacksnapback »
Panicking.

The Future (probably)
Class of 2021

catpacksnapback

• Forum Regular
  • The average housecat.
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2019, 07:56:44 pm »
+3

Health has been getting worse and I have not been able to make much progress at all. Really hoping I'll be able to get all of my work done in the holidays.
Panicking.

The Future (probably)
Class of 2021

Macrophagee

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2019, 10:00:46 pm »
+2
Hey
Sorry to hear about your worsening health. Please don't be too hard on yourself and make sure to get some rest.
Year 11:Biology, Further
Year 12: English, Chemistry, Methods,  Spesh, Health and Human Development

catpacksnapback

• Forum Regular
  • The average housecat.
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2019, 07:44:28 am »
+4
Thank you for the kind words Macrophagee :)

SAC results: Just a small update as we get into the holidays. I still really need to catch up (1 week Psych, 1 week Biology (with the SAC), 1 week Literature, and 5 weeks Chemistry) but I did get my results back on my first Biology SAC. I'm happy, but I could be happier - I guess that's how it goes! 35/40, an A grade. I see precisely where I missed those 5 marks and I really have to work on that.
It's my reading comprehension and vocabulary, first and foremost; I had been missing important keywords and concepts but I did get a mark for every question at least (and I'm very happy that I aced the health and heart section)!

I attended the morning 1/2 Biology and the afternoon 1/2 Chemistry lectures on Saturday and they were fantastic! I don't know how frequent they are, but the next time they're on, I would LOVE to attend a couple of 3/4 lectures before I enroll (if that's allowed). I think it would be an awesome way to familiarize and start building a foundation for the concepts before diving headfirst into the year's work. I still have the medicine pathway one this Saturday. (Also, why is everyone so bloody fast at Kahoot?!)

Thanks guys! Stay safe!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 11:35:39 am by catpacksnapback »
Panicking.

The Future (probably)
Class of 2021

Geoo

• Forum Regular
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2019, 06:35:48 pm »
+4
Sorry to hear your health isn't going to well.
I'm also studying full time at distance but trying to do it in 2 years if i can. My health has been pretty crappy but lets see how it is next year.
I'm studying, Bio 3/4, Eng 1/2, Maths Meathods 1/2, Chem 1/2 and Physics 1/2.

I am having the same problem with chem with the teacher not responding which is annoying, but i'm doing really well in the subject. The good thing is there is only one more SAC for Chem unit 1 then there is an optional exam.
English is very boring and my teacher took a 5 week leave so she is behind on SAC markings which means i can't complete it.

In unit 1/2 i remember them referring to the text book a couple times but maybe the course has changed. Keep in mind, if the nelson text book is still being used, then it can go into over detail for what you need and you can end up wasting a bit of time on it i found. I made a crap ton of notes which mainly helped me to revise, and i used other recourses online, as all the crash course videos end up going into to much detail and more advanced than you need. I used the study design too. When the time comes for SAC or exam, redoing the weekly quizes is great, because you can get a jist of what you need to study more.

I'm 7 weeks behind in Maths, so i'm binge studying over the holidays. I got it late than just found it hard to keep up with my other subjects.
The physics course doesn't have as much detail needed to answer the questions in the SAC and weekly quizs, so i'm not doing well as all in that.

If your like me with finding it hard to study with health issues, trying to pass in units 1/2, instead of overachieving is a good thing to do. Only units 3/4 subjects go towards your ATAR, so if your health gets to much, just trying to pass the unit is just sometimes what i try to do. Although, i made sure that i knew the information well, so that i could progress to make my life easier for 3/4 subjects next year.
Also not all subjects from 1/2 carry over to 3/4, so in those sections try not to go overboard on notes and study so it can conserve more time for other subjects or to have more rest time for your health. 

This is just what i found with doing VCE through distance, and a few tips with managing it with health issues, but it also depends what they are.

I was actually thinking of switching to Lit instead of doing english next semester but i'm not sure.
My VCE 2020 Journal   My Baking Adventures
|2019| Biology.
|2020| English, Maths Methods, Food Studies, Chemistry.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • It's Over 9000!!
  • Oxford comma and Avett Brothers enthusiast.
  • Respect: +5971
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2019, 05:12:20 pm »
+3
I attended the morning 1/2 Biology and the afternoon 1/2 Chemistry lectures on Saturday and they were fantastic! I don't know how frequent they are, but the next time they're on, I would LOVE to attend a couple of 3/4 lectures before I enroll (if that's allowed). I think it would be an awesome way to familiarize and start building a foundation for the concepts before diving headfirst into the year's work. I still have the medicine pathway one this Saturday. (Also, why is everyone so bloody fast at Kahoot?!)

Just in response to this:

* I'm glad you enjoyed the lectures! ;D
* They're every single holiday period - so four times per year. Next ones will probs be in July.
* Totally cool if you want to attend 3&4 lectures - up to you!
* Hope you find the UCAT + Medicine lecture useful. :)
* Kahoot - there are a lot of people in the room, so chances are a bunch will be super quick haha.

Hey Geoo! Welcome to the forums - great to have you here. :)
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man. Yeet ahoy!

FREE HSC RESOURCES
FREE QCE RESOURCES
FREE VCE RESOURCES

catpacksnapback

• Forum Regular
  • The average housecat.
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2019, 12:29:43 pm »
+1
Hey guys - thank you for the posts. :) I'm not quite 'with it' enough today to respond to you properly, but I will in the future.
Just popping in to share that I got my results back on the Psych SAC; the test I was struggling with. Turns out I had predicted right and I got a B+.
Really unhappy with this grade to be totally honest, seeing as Psychology is easily my best subject. :(

I had plans to do a lot of work over these holidays, but we're practically half over and I've done nothing but be sick. Typical!
Hoping to be able to get things done soon. I got the one outstanding week of Psychology done, aaand that's it. 1 week Literature, 1 Biology SAC, preparation for a Literature and Psychology SAC, and 5 weeks of Chemistry to go, not counting that I wanted to study the rest of Unit 1 for all 4 subjects in the next week. Not gonna happen.
Panicking.

The Future (probably)
Class of 2021

catpacksnapback

• Forum Regular
  • The average housecat.
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2019, 08:59:18 pm »
+6
Back with a proper update! (This one's gonna be big!)

Sorry to hear your health isn't going to well.
I'm also studying full time at distance but trying to do it in 2 years if i can. My health has been pretty crappy but lets see how it is next year.
I'm studying, Bio 3/4, Eng 1/2, Maths Meathods 1/2, Chem 1/2 and Physics 1/2.

I am having the same problem with chem with the teacher not responding which is annoying, but i'm doing really well in the subject. The good thing is there is only one more SAC for Chem unit 1 then there is an optional exam.
English is very boring and my teacher took a 5 week leave so she is behind on SAC markings which means i can't complete it.

In unit 1/2 i remember them referring to the text book a couple times but maybe the course has changed. Keep in mind, if the nelson text book is still being used, then it can go into over detail for what you need and you can end up wasting a bit of time on it i found. I made a crap ton of notes which mainly helped me to revise, and i used other recourses online, as all the crash course videos end up going into to much detail and more advanced than you need. I used the study design too. When the time comes for SAC or exam, redoing the weekly quizes is great, because you can get a jist of what you need to study more.

I'm 7 weeks behind in Maths, so i'm binge studying over the holidays. I got it late than just found it hard to keep up with my other subjects.
The physics course doesn't have as much detail needed to answer the questions in the SAC and weekly quizs, so i'm not doing well as all in that.

If your like me with finding it hard to study with health issues, trying to pass in units 1/2, instead of overachieving is a good thing to do. Only units 3/4 subjects go towards your ATAR, so if your health gets to much, just trying to pass the unit is just sometimes what i try to do. Although, i made sure that i knew the information well, so that i could progress to make my life easier for 3/4 subjects next year.
Also not all subjects from 1/2 carry over to 3/4, so in those sections try not to go overboard on notes and study so it can conserve more time for other subjects or to have more rest time for your health. 

This is just what i found with doing VCE through distance, and a few tips with managing it with health issues, but it also depends what they are.

I was actually thinking of switching to Lit instead of doing english next semester but i'm not sure.

First off: Hi there Geoo! (And a secondary welcome to ATARNotes! I hope it treats you well!)
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'm really sorry to hear it sounds like you've had your share of health problems; I've been studying through VSV/DECV for either 3 or 4 years now, but honestly, there's always things to be learned and I would love to hear any advice you have to share. :) I really want to ask fellow students about their timetables too - lots of talk about study routines!
I honestly really think I need to get over myself this year and invest time in foundation instead of panicking. You're totally right, and while I'll still be using this year and my 1/2 subjects as a gage, it's better to put that head space into getting some footing in advance of my 3/4 subjects.

(I'm also having really similar problems with English (Lit); I apologize that you've been having trouble getting through to your teacher too! I don't know much about Literature at this stage honestly, but I definitely took it because I tend to flounder in the creative aspects - so beware, if creativity's your jam, in my limited perspective, there's a lot less of it! (Though again: I think my anger that Distance doesn't offer English Language is embedded as part of my personality now LOL so everything I say is to be taken with a pinch of salt.. or a mound..))

Though if you don't mind me asking, how are you finding Methods through VSV? I've been tossing up whether I should take Methods or Further (as somebody with no inherent mathematical talent, and very 'eh' grades in the past).

Just in response to this:

* I'm glad you enjoyed the lectures! ;D
* They're every single holiday period - so four times per year. Next ones will probs be in July.
* Totally cool if you want to attend 3&4 lectures - up to you!
* Hope you find the UCAT + Medicine lecture useful. :)
* Kahoot - there are a lot of people in the room, so chances are a bunch will be super quick haha.

Hey Geoo! Welcome to the forums - great to have you here. :)

And thank you (again!) Joseph! (I feel bad calling you this. I have no idea what to refer to you as, I apologize, (Though I guess I'm not much better, resident tongue-twister..)) Just got back home quite recently actually, the lectures were great. :) Had a fantastic chat with a few tutors and feeling a bit clearer-headed. Thank you for the extra info on the lectures! DEFINITELY going to see to 3/4 lectures next time they're around. I'm already finding it a bit easier to grasp concepts I've got coming up as they were briefly covered in lectures from a week back - making connections! Keep making the magic you do!

Last thing! I submitted my Biology SAC (the poster) yesterday evening. Really rather miserable about how I feel I did to be totally honest, but I couldn't have done any better. Got quite stumped (I asked in the Biology questions thread) about getting totally contradictory results in my experiments, but that makes it interesting, right? I wasn't very engaged (the plant components of biology never really connected with me) throughout and I could have put more into it, I think. Just hoping it's not a total failure!

Again; the lectures were fantastic today. You may have seen me - blue shirt, fluffy, looking quite lost (typically). The UCAT is absolutely terrifying (full disclosure: I got 29/66 on the 30 minute practice exam and "finished" in time, which haunts me, but I'll admit that I saw the abstract reasoning section and honestly skipped the whole thing. We had covered it prior in the lecture, of course, but man, my brain was NOT having that today. I managed the other sections pretty okay! I just really have to work on my math) but nothing I can't handle.. hopefully..! (Terrified optimism!)

I've finished all of my outstanding work except for Chemistry; that just leaves weeks 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 to complete, hopefully within the next week. Luckily there are no surprise SACs in there and it'll be foundational work almost entirely.. the hard part is remembering it all! Should be alright. Along with that, I have 2 SACs immediately as the following week begins (Literature and Psychology) and I need to steal borrow my younger cousins for Piaget's developmental theory sometime this coming week. I also need to write a poem about world war one, and I am going to gently refrain from discussing this further, because I can and will anger myself thinking about trying to put a coherent sentence together. (If I can manage to do the 5 weeks of Chemistry in the next week, I'll be textbook reading ahead on all 3 of my others. This was originally my only plan for the holidays, but I'm horrible at time management.)

...Finally, and speaking of which!: I have a few non-subject-but-education-specific tasks. First off, I'm going to look into a nice to-do list system. Perhaps something online. I've been using google sheets to simply keep track of what I've submitted and what I haven't, but it's per-week, and nowhere near as specific as what I should probably be working with. Secondly, I really need to figure out a schedule. If you had [most of] the time in the world to do anything, how much of that time would you spend studying? Yeah. Most days, me too. I don't know if I have the retention to listen to my own thoughts for 6 hours a day, so I might have to ask fellow distance students on what their routines are like.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 09:14:31 pm by catpacksnapback »
Panicking.

The Future (probably)
Class of 2021

catpacksnapback

• Forum Regular
  • The average housecat.
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2019, 05:36:40 pm »
+8
Small update! 2 weeks of chemistry done in 2 days. 3 weeks to go!
Panicking.

The Future (probably)
Class of 2021

Ionic Doc

• Forum Obsessive
  • ⅆⅇ𝕤𝕡ⅇ𝕣𝕒𝕥ⅇ𝕝𝕪 𝕟ⅇⅇⅆ 𝕤𝕝ⅇⅇ𝕡 💤
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2019, 07:04:39 pm »
+4
Small update! 2 weeks of chemistry done in 2 days. 3 weeks to go!

keep that grindin comin!
class of ②𝟎𝟚⓪
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
➰2019 -   Psychology 
➰2020 - HHD -Chemistry -  Methods - English - Biology
✡︎ ATAR: /???/ ~ 90+
2021: Undergrad Med or BSc @ Monash  (hopefully)

catpacksnapback

• Forum Regular
  • The average housecat.
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2019, 08:24:08 am »
+5
April 19, 2019
Thanks guys! :D I am now 4 weeks down, one week left that I should have done today. This one's about polarity!

Edit: And that is IT! All done. 5 weeks done in 5 days. Honestly, this one stumped me pretty bad - there were a few questions I didn't get (it does not help that I kept getting polar and non-polar confused) but hopefully I'll retain it and be able to study it properly again when I actually get some holidays, LOL!
That's all of my subjects caught up in time to start all over again. Gotta print some consent forms for a psychology SAC, and I've got a Literature SAC next week too, I think. Writing a poem about world war 1, was it?

April 21, 2019
I am now adding these fancy little headers to avoid double-posting (and for when I, inevitably, lose track)!
Today is easter something (not entirely sure) and I am off to hang with the family. I'll also be stealing my younger cousins for the Psychology SAC due this coming Friday. This coming week (Week 10) I think we're working on Adaptations in biology - which was covered in the 1 & 2 ATARNotes lecture during the holidays, so I'm happy I have a little bit of foundation - something Chemistry-ish in chemistry, the report for psych for which I am collecting data today (SAC), and that war poem in Literature (also a SAC). I'm going to try and work on some sort of schedule/routine thing when I get the chance - I wonder if Google Sheets is a good way to alter it and keep track?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 10:05:31 am by catpacksnapback »
Panicking.

The Future (probably)
Class of 2021

Geoo

• Forum Regular
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2019, 09:43:43 pm »
+3
Back with a proper update! (This one's gonna be big!)

First off: Hi there Geoo! (And a secondary welcome to ATARNotes! I hope it treats you well!)
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'm really sorry to hear it sounds like you've had your share of health problems; I've been studying through VSV/DECV for either 3 or 4 years now, but honestly, there's always things to be learned and I would love to hear any advice you have to share. :) I really want to ask fellow students about their timetables too - lots of talk about study routines!
I honestly really think I need to get over myself this year and invest time in foundation instead of panicking. You're totally right, and while I'll still be using this year and my 1/2 subjects as a gage, it's better to put that head space into getting some footing in advance of my 3/4 subjects.

(I'm also having really similar problems with English (Lit); I apologize that you've been having trouble getting through to your teacher too! I don't know much about Literature at this stage honestly, but I definitely took it because I tend to flounder in the creative aspects - so beware, if creativity's your jam, in my limited perspective, there's a lot less of it! (Though again: I think my anger that Distance doesn't offer English Language is embedded as part of my personality now LOL so everything I say is to be taken with a pinch of salt.. or a mound..))

Though if you don't mind me asking, how are you finding Methods through VSV? I've been tossing up whether I should take Methods or Further (as somebody with no inherent mathematical talent, and very 'eh' grades in the past).

Hey catpacksnapback's,
Sorry for the really late reply! I've been doing the same with mind numbing catch up work. Wasn't able to get as much as you did but got up to week 5 in maths and caught up in chemistry to week 9! yay. The polarity thing can be a bit annoying to remember, i just though about the north and south poles as the "slightly negative" and "slightly positive" sides  ;D

Maths methods as VSV is interesting. I would say it is a bit harder at distance, because if your not a good text book kind of student when it comes to maths, it can get a little difficult. Sometimes i find they don't give the complete explanations for certain examples (i'll be following along and the all of a sudden i'm like "wait, WHERE DID THAT 25 COME FROM!). My maths level is ok at best, i start to struggle when it comes to worded equations, but they tend to give quite a few examples which is good. I would say that you would need a decent grasp of year 10 maths to be able to chug along with the content. I was really sick in semester 2 last year in maths, so im really scared for unit 2! SO that's the best i can summorise maths methods, it got given to me late and im still 5 weeks behind (did i 2 weeks on the holidays but got sick and couldn't do as much so up to week 5) so i haven't really experienced much of the course. I've been at VSV for 6 years, so the old maths models are similar, but just with less explanations. I'm only really doing it because it is a prerequisite for biomed, and Bac of science!

I aim to study for 6 hours but it ends up being 4, then going crazy on the weekends to finish. I have a strong dislike for English so i get the out of the way early, so I always do it on a Monday! I swap around the order of which I do the other subjects on depending what i feel lite doing. I tend to try do half a week of two subjects a day, but sometimes those 2 lessons which you think you can knock out in 3 hours ends up being 4 or 5 and by the time that happens i'm just like "might as well finish the rest of the week then", so my plans don't always work out xD. I study for about 3 1 hour sessions with 2 hours breaks and try to fit in a 2 hour study session in the day as well. I start whenever i'm up to it. If im having a good day, maybe 8 or 9 in the morning. If im feeling really sick then 12 or 3 pm in the afternoon. Whats your study schedule like?

I would have loved to take English language as i love linguistics but..... it's not popular enough  :'( But i was thinking to switch to Lit as i love books. At the same time though, i more or a creative writer so that may be a problem  :-\  I don't even know if i can change for unit 2, but i'm hoping to to swap physic's for food studies and maybe English to lit. It's kind of all crazy and up in the air.

BTW, good luck for all the SAC for the next 2-3 weeks, it's crazy how many the are shoving in for the first weeks of term xD, time to cram!!!
My VCE 2020 Journal   My Baking Adventures
|2019| Biology.
|2020| English, Maths Methods, Food Studies, Chemistry.

catpacksnapback

• Forum Regular
  • The average housecat.
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2019, 03:56:39 pm »
+1

Hey catpacksnapback's,
Sorry for the really late reply! I've been doing the same with mind numbing catch up work. Wasn't able to get as much as you did but got up to week 5 in maths and caught up in chemistry to week 9! yay. The polarity thing can be a bit annoying to remember, i just though about the north and south poles as the "slightly negative" and "slightly positive" sides  ;D

Maths methods as VSV is interesting. I would say it is a bit harder at distance, because if your not a good text book kind of student when it comes to maths, it can get a little difficult. Sometimes i find they don't give the complete explanations for certain examples (i'll be following along and the all of a sudden i'm like "wait, WHERE DID THAT 25 COME FROM!). My maths level is ok at best, i start to struggle when it comes to worded equations, but they tend to give quite a few examples which is good. I would say that you would need a decent grasp of year 10 maths to be able to chug along with the content. I was really sick in semester 2 last year in maths, so im really scared for unit 2! SO that's the best i can summorise maths methods, it got given to me late and im still 5 weeks behind (did i 2 weeks on the holidays but got sick and couldn't do as much so up to week 5) so i haven't really experienced much of the course. I've been at VSV for 6 years, so the old maths models are similar, but just with less explanations. I'm only really doing it because it is a prerequisite for biomed, and Bac of science!

I aim to study for 6 hours but it ends up being 4, then going crazy on the weekends to finish. I have a strong dislike for English so i get the out of the way early, so I always do it on a Monday! I swap around the order of which I do the other subjects on depending what i feel lite doing. I tend to try do half a week of two subjects a day, but sometimes those 2 lessons which you think you can knock out in 3 hours ends up being 4 or 5 and by the time that happens i'm just like "might as well finish the rest of the week then", so my plans don't always work out xD. I study for about 3 1 hour sessions with 2 hours breaks and try to fit in a 2 hour study session in the day as well. I start whenever i'm up to it. If im having a good day, maybe 8 or 9 in the morning. If im feeling really sick then 12 or 3 pm in the afternoon. Whats your study schedule like?

I would have loved to take English language as i love linguistics but..... it's not popular enough  :'( But i was thinking to switch to Lit as i love books. At the same time though, i more or a creative writer so that may be a problem  :-\  I don't even know if i can change for unit 2, but i'm hoping to to swap physic's for food studies and maybe English to lit. It's kind of all crazy and up in the air.

BTW, good luck for all the SAC for the next 2-3 weeks, it's crazy how many the are shoving in for the first weeks of term xD, time to cram!!!

Hey there Geoo! :D No worries at all on the late response front! We're all mad busy here, hahahah!
Stellar work on the catchup - but mind numbing is right OTL. What a week! Well done to you, hopefully it feels better to have less to do.. for now!

I totally understand. I always found that was my issue in junior(?) math; they'd give you half an explanation LOL. I'm sorry to hear you were unwell in Semester 2 last year; I was EXACTLY the same and missed most of the content for that reason! :( I've been wondering if there are any online resources I should be looking into before potentially taking methods next year, perhaps I'll start on khanacademy?
At any rate - thank you so much for sharing your experience! I totally understand on the biomed/bachelor of science front too. That's why I'm looking into taking maths as well.. and god, the UCAT's math component is even frightening to me. The more foundation the better.

Honestly though, our study routines sound really similar hahaha! I must admit, I kind of don't have one. I've just put together a routine/daily to-do list thing which is really cool so far, but yeah, I generally go for between 4-9 hours a day (it's pretty random) and try to get a week or two of work done each day. I'm just lucky I don't have too many subjects, not that that will last, haha!
And GOD, I am SO SORRY, because SAME. I am never going to let VSV live down the lack of English Language. Omg. >:( Linguistics is just something I want to learn in general, I'm so angry! Still though, I definitely get where you're coming from. General English's creative components (despite my creative roots!) irked me, and I switched 2 weeks in (I was actually doing Literature AND English, but I changed English for Chemistry (andgotenrolledthreeweekslatercoughcoughcough)). Literature so far is definitely tolerable, but there is a LOT of reading and a lot of interpretation - you have been warned! (Creative writing isn't totally out of the question either, but much of it is analytical in nature.)

And oh my gosh hahaha, right?? Thank you so much for the good luck, I have a feeling I'm gonna need it! o.o Right back at you though, well done on getting on top of some work throughout the holidays and I hope this week serves you well! ♪ It's raining SACs, whatever-the-opposite-of-Hallelujah-is... ♪

April 22, 2019
Hello again! :D
I put together that routine/to-do-list thing that I was talking about and honestly I really like it! It's already helping to have a bit of an idea as to where I'm going or whatever it is that I'm doing.
Work-wise, I collected data from 3 participants for my Psychology SAC yesterday, and got another participant today. Looking to fit another one or two in on Wednesday! I'm so excited about all of this data I've got. Is that weird? Am I weird? (Yes.) I have all of that nicely set up and once I've got the last two participants sorted on Wednesday I'll try to put it to good use.
I started and finishing my second Literature SAC this morning, as well; wrote a poem, wrote a reflection/self analysis, recorded that as an oral component, took some obligatory time out to have a crisis about how nasally my voice is, all that good stuff! That's been submitted. I am about to head off and read up on the next chapter of Biology (and, hopefully, if I'm productive, submit this current week (Week 10) too). Thinking I should read everything first, and then take notes, instead of writing things mid-paragraph, if that makes sense? Who knows! I'll share how it goes.

Happy chocolate-mas to you guys, also! I hope everything went well. :) Participate in any egg hunts? (How crazy does the variety keep getting every year?)
Panicking.

The Future (probably)
Class of 2021