Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:11:56 am

Author Topic: Biomedicine Chemistry Prac  (Read 953 times)  Share 

passbleh24

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
Biomedicine Chemistry Prac
« on: March 02, 2019, 03:33:27 pm »
Hey Guys,

My first chemistry prac is this Thursday, the preparation of Paracetamol, and I am a bit confused about how I would write an experimental method. It says we can't use bullet points or numbers which we used in VCE to write up the method part of reports. Would this be explained in the practical itself, if not is there anywhere I could find an example ?

Thanks  :)

sweetcheeks

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +83
  • School: ---
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Re: Biomedicine Chemistry Prac
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 05:15:11 pm »
+1
It will be explained in the practical. The experimental method will be a paragraph or two explaining how you performed the reaction. You talk in third person and don't reference glassware (unless it is something special). Your demonstrator will go through with you how to write the report.

If you want an example, any synthetic chemistry paper will have an experimental method.

passbleh24

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 11:02:45 am »
It will be explained in the practical. The experimental method will be a paragraph or two explaining how you performed the reaction. You talk in third person and don't reference glassware (unless it is something special). Your demonstrator will go through with you how to write the report.

If you want an example, any synthetic chemistry paper will have an experimental method.

Hi, I had a read of the tips of the experiment and it states that there is an example of an experimental method in the lab book itself. I would appreciate it if anyone could point that out for me because the experimental procedure looks like a normal method..

Mischi

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 03:13:02 pm »
Hi, I had a read of the tips of the experiment and it states that there is an example of an experimental method in the lab book itself. I would appreciate it if anyone could point that out for me because the experimental procedure looks like a normal method..

Hey! Super late reply but there is an example on page 95. It also gives other guidelines towards writing up an experimental report :)
2017: Further (43)
2018: Psychology (42) || Italian (42) || Methods || English (42) || Chemistry (37)
ATAR: 96.50
2019-2021: Bachelor of Biomedicine | Diploma of languages @ The University of Melbourne