Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:21:37 pm

Author Topic: writing or typing notes depending on the subject  (Read 619 times)  Share 

Stargirl123

writing or typing notes depending on the subject
« on: February 21, 2019, 08:03:40 pm »
First year Bsci student doing Biology of cells and organisms, Chemistry 1, Mind Brain and Behaviour and Principles of Finance. I plan to do a mixture of written and typed notes depending on the subject but I'd really appreciate any advice/experience of those who have studies these subjects.
So my plan so far:
Psych: Type notes in lectures and do summary notes by hand
Biol: same as psych
Finance: I'm assuming its content heavy so leaning towards typing in lectures and summaries by hand
Chem: Purely hand written (because of equations mainly)

I've also heard of annotating printed lecture slides. What subjects would you recommend this for?

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1447
Re: writing or typing notes depending on the subject
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 08:16:14 pm »
+1
First year Bsci student doing Biology of cells and organisms, Chemistry 1, Mind Brain and Behaviour and Principles of Finance. I plan to do a mixture of written and typed notes depending on the subject but I'd really appreciate any advice/experience of those who have studies these subjects.
So my plan so far:
Psych: Type notes in lectures and do summary notes by hand
Biol: same as psych
Finance: I'm assuming its content heavy so leaning towards typing in lectures and summaries by hand
Chem: Purely hand written (because of equations mainly)

I've also heard of annotating printed lecture slides. What subjects would you recommend this for?

To be honest, I'd recommend just trying out something different for each subject and seeing how you're going. I think you're quite right that having the chance to handwrite notes for Chemistry is good, but otherwise it's really just trial and error. People here will have strong views, but in reality you've just got to work it out for yourself.
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd