Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

October 18, 2019, 07:47:28 am

Author Topic: Class of 2022!  (Read 1109 times)

insanipi

• ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos"
  • Respect: +2260
Class of 2022!
« on: January 31, 2019, 11:05:54 pm »
+8
A place of discussion for those who are graduating in 2022! :))

To post on this board, you need to have an account! Don't have an account? Register here! :)

markdylan

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
Re: Class of 2022!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 12:07:00 pm »
+4
Hello! Any 2022 graduates around?

Does anyone have any recommendations or advice on what units 3/4 to do early? I might be able to do one next year but I've heard for some subjects it's really important to have done units 1/2 beforehand. I'm thinking of either health or psychology or media?

And what's the difference between the 3 English subjects? Which would be the most applicable?

Thank you!

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Oxford comma and Avett Brothers enthusiast.
  • Respect: +6263
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 10:18:14 am »
+1
Hello! Any 2022 graduates around?

Does anyone have any recommendations or advice on what units 3/4 to do early? I might be able to do one next year but I've heard for some subjects it's really important to have done units 1/2 beforehand. I'm thinking of either health or psychology or media?

And what's the difference between the 3 English subjects? Which would be the most applicable?

Thank you!

Hey there! :)

Can't comment on Media as I didn't do it.

Health - I did 3&4 without 1&2 and was totally fine. Didn't feel at any disadvantage. The study design has since changed but I'd imagine it would be the same deal.

Psych - I did 1&2 before 3&4 but think it would probably be fine, too.

If I had to recommend any of the three based purely on what you've written, it would be HHD. Are you leaning to any in particular? :)
One wug.

Ionic Doc

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +42
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 10:43:35 am »
+1
Hey there! :)

Can't comment on Media as I didn't do it.

Health - I did 3&4 without 1&2 and was totally fine. Didn't feel at any disadvantage. The study design has since changed but I'd imagine it would be the same deal.

Psych - I did 1&2 before 3&4 but think it would probably be fine, too.

If I had to recommend any of the three based purely on what you've written, it would be HHD. Are you leaning to any in particular? :)

just adding on what Joseph said

regarding psych, I'm currently at  around the top of my class without having done 1/2 except the most important thing about psych is research methods which my  teacher has briefly gone over. If you go onto 1/2 psych, learn RESEARCH METHODS.

If you don't, your marks will substantially fall . . .

:)
class of 2020
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2019 -   Psychology 
2020 -   English - Chemistry - Biology - Methods - Further

markdylan

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 09:40:10 pm »
+3
Sorry for the late reply!

@Joseph41, I think I'm leaning towards either media or HHD. Psychology sounds a bit terrifying...

@Ionic Doc, might be a dumb question but what exactly is research methods? Is it the research poster? How should I prepare for it?

Thanks!!

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +1812
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 11:09:50 pm »
+4
Sorry for the late reply!

@Joseph41, I think I'm leaning towards either media or HHD. Psychology sounds a bit terrifying...

@Ionic Doc, might be a dumb question but what exactly is research methods? Is it the research poster? How should I prepare for it?

Thanks!!

Research methods is heavily applicable to the poster but it's not just that.  It's your understanding of how the scientific method is applied within the scope of VCE psychology. I'd definitely recommend looking at the study design to see what the topics covered in it are and asking about anything you don't understand.  If you study other sciences this will help you but it won't cover everything.

In terms of preparing,  building your understanding, remembering the terms & applying it (eg practice questions) would prepare you well for 3&4
2018-2021: Science Advanced - Global Challenges (Honours) @ Monash

Leadership  ; Scientific Methodology ; Wanting to stay productive?

Want QCE help? Leave a post here :)