Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

September 19, 2020, 06:49:25 pm

Author Topic: QCE Chemistry Questions Thread  (Read 4272 times)

snr.mmorris4.19

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: QCE Chemistry Questions Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2020, 07:38:21 pm »
I think you're numbering or drawing one of these two wrong. See the attached - structures + names for each (ignore the (E) part if you don't know what that is - it's just another method of identifying cis/trans stereoisomers, and not something you need to know. I generated these using a computer program and wasn't sure how to turn the E off, sorry!) along with the chemical formula. As you can see, the chemical formula for each is exactly the same.
thankyou!

snr.mmorris4.19

• Adventurer
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2020, 08:17:21 am »
What are they referring to when the question asks, calculate the concentration in the cleaning solution of a titration? What is the cleaning solution?

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +2910
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2020, 10:12:06 am »
What are they referring to when the question asks, calculate the concentration in the cleaning solution of a titration? What is the cleaning solution?

Could you please share the whole question?

I'm not sure how to answer this without more information. 

cunglee0805

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #63 on: 1 hour ago »
hi!! I had a question about standard electrode potentials. In the data booklet the all the reactions are reduction reactions, so If you reverse an equation to write the oxidation reaction do you have to change the sign (+/-) of the E value ?

fun_jirachi

• MOTM: AUG 18
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • All doom and Gloom.
  • Respect: +401
« Reply #64 on: 3 minutes ago »
hi!! I had a question about standard electrode potentials. In the data booklet the all the reactions are reduction reactions, so If you reverse an equation to write the oxidation reaction do you have to change the sign (+/-) of the E value ?

Yes, you have to change the sign :)
Failing everything, but I'm still Flareon up.
Spoiler
HSC 2018: Modern History [88] | 2U Maths [98]
HSC 2019: Physics [92] | Chemistry [93] | English Advanced [87] | Maths Extension 1 [98] | Maths Extension 2 [97]
ATAR: 99.05

UCAT: 3310 - Verbal Reasoning [740] | Decision Making [890] | Quantitative Reasoning [880] | Abstract Reasoning [800]
Guide Links:
Subject Acceleration (2018)
UCAT Question Compilation/FAQ (2020)