Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2019, 10:58:44 am

Author Topic: HSC w/ a stresshead {class of '19}  (Read 1140 times)

meerae

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Trendsetter
  • wack.
  • Respect: +64
Re: HSC w/ a stresshead {class of '19}
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2019, 03:17:37 pm »
+5
heyheyyy

So yesterday was my viva voce for x2 English, and I think I went alright, I am happy with my presentation and the panel said my idea and concept was really good. So I guess we'll see how I do when the marks come in.

Nothing major really happened this week, I have been using study periods more effectively and have been studying 3-4 hours after school each day.

I also get my eco marks next week so ill update when those come in, I really hope I come first!
Thats all I really have for today!

peace out,
meerae :)
-2018 HSC-
Mathematics
-2019 HSC-
English Adv | English Ext 1 | Math Ext 1 | Legal Studies | Economics

meerae

• Trendsetter
  • wack.
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2019, 08:08:08 am »
+3
So week 4 (I think) just started and we're hoping to get economics and English x2 marks back today.
I am kind of scared. I have also been sick the last few days which has halted my productivity.
I talked to a 2018 graduate yesterday who did x2 English, and the highest mark at my school last year was just an E3, so now im kind of considering dropping to 10 units and not doing any x2s.

This week I set a few goals for each subject which I hope to meet;
Legal
- Fix and finish crime notes, add all relevant cases and format it nicely
- Finish a crime essay and submit to legal teacher

Eco
- Fix and finish topic 1 notes, format as well
- Begin doing past HSC questions for topic 1 (my school gives us a complied booklet of all these questions)

English Adv,
- Finish up mod A context and comparison notes
- Begin finding textual evidence that proves my comparison

English x1
- Finish analysing the last 2 Emily Dickinson Poems

English x2
- Write 1000 words for my major work

Math x1
- Finish the HSC questions for integration
- Be upto date with HW

Math x2
- Graphs.

Lets hope I meet them all. If I receive my marks today, expect another entry!
-2018 HSC-
Mathematics
-2019 HSC-

meerae

• Trendsetter
  • wack.
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2019, 10:58:04 am »
eco is in - 30/35 ( 86%) 3/26

x2 English has been delayed until the end of the week
 kind of unhappy about eco, definitely expected higher.

-2018 HSC-
Mathematics
-2019 HSC-

fillycheese

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2019, 04:26:56 pm »
+1
Hi Meerae

I am really enjoying reading your HSC journal so far!! I'm doing Legal too and isn't just the greatest ^^

Question: how are u going to go about past papers with the new syllabus?

Looking forward to keep on reading :)

-Filly  :)

meerae

• Trendsetter
  • wack.
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2019, 06:54:37 pm »
Hi Meerae

I am really enjoying reading your HSC journal so far!! I'm doing Legal too and isn't just the greatest ^^

Question: how are u going to go about past papers with the new syllabus?

Looking forward to keep on reading :)

-Filly  :)

Hey, Filly!

Thanks!
I really enjoy legal, its definitely one of my favourite subjects. In regard to past papers and the new syllabus, I only have English adv and x1 to worry about, and I have just been making my own essay questions from the rubric and attempting them, my teachers have also given us practice papers to help us out, because its a new syllabus and theres no past papers, im hoping they mark leniently.

Glad you're enjoying it!
-2018 HSC-
Mathematics
-2019 HSC-

meerae

• Trendsetter
  • wack.
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2019, 12:18:07 pm »
+3
hello everyoneee

I received English x2 - 27/30 (90%) 2/5

Although the mark is extremely good, I am seriously beginning to consider dropping down to 10 units and not doing both my x2s.

I've also been setting weekly goals again as it really helped last week

peace out,
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 04:14:46 pm by meerae »
-2018 HSC-
Mathematics
-2019 HSC-

meerae

• Trendsetter
  • wack.
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2019, 09:24:45 am »
+4
Hello everyone,

So I just saw I haven't been active in the past month, I have been soo busy with school and my leadership extra curriculars I have barely had time to watch TV shows.

Last week I had English and Legal, which were the worst two subjects to have in the same week (I kept telling myself, all I had to do was get through last week because it was hard) - I wrote about 1500 words in 45mins for English and about 2000 words in 70mins for legal. Kind of proud of myself tbh

I submitted x1 English today, and while I am not as confident with my essay, I am content with it.
Tomorrow I have x1 Math and I am just super excited to see numbers to be honest, overall the topics aren't the hardest (especially because I found perms and combs good)

Next week I have eco, which is the subject I am most scared for, simply because I am least confident in it.

Subject wise - I have officially dropped mx2, which has given me so much time to focus on my other subjects.
Stress wise - I have been getting better at dealing with it, and hopefully by the end of the year I won't be that bad.

Lately, I have been hitting all my weekly goals and hitting about 5-6 hours of study a night, while still maintaining 8-9 hours of sleep (which is pretty impressive if I do say so myself)

I am so excited for this term to end, and I am ecstatic for the holidays so I can read books that aren't prescribed!

peace out,
-2018 HSC-
Mathematics
-2019 HSC-

meerae

• Trendsetter
  • wack.
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2019, 06:49:10 pm »
+5
Heyhey,

Quick update as a bathe in my sadness, tomorrow is the last day of term and I am excited to end what I feel is the worst term I have had in my entire schooling life.

I had eco on Monday and it was a fairly good exam, I walked out quite confident and expect quite well (Also, got 9/10 for the MC - lost one mark for the stupidest reason)

I received English adv marks today and am quite disappointed in myself. I received 78% and I am quite scared to check my ranking. I have put my essay up to get remarked as I feel the effort put in did not reflect my mark but we will see how that goes.

I believe if I'm lucky I will get legal tomorrow, which apparently I will be happy with (as reported by my legal teacher). And should receive everything else by Monday (I am the most scared to receive math x1 as I don't believe I passed the exam).

Wish me luck for tomorrow!
-2018 HSC-
Mathematics
-2019 HSC-

jamonwindeyer

• Administrator
  • It's Over 9000!!
  • Electrical Engineer by day, AN Enthusiast by Night
  • Respect: +2950
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2019, 09:45:46 pm »
+3
I'm excited for you meerae - Fresh term, fresh start! Fingers crossed for a good result in Legal tomorrow! ;D

It sounds like you're doing really well, try not to be too hard on yourself ;D

meerae

• Trendsetter
  • wack.
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2019, 11:45:18 am »
+3
I'm excited for you meerae - Fresh term, fresh start! Fingers crossed for a good result in Legal tomorrow! ;D

It sounds like you're doing really well, try not to be too hard on yourself ;D

Thanks Jamon! Means a lot - I got 29/30 in legal and was the only person in my cohort who got 20/20 for the essay component.
Currently, I have remained first for legal and I only need to keep it up for two more tasks!

I received economics and am third overall but came second for this task with 47/50.
English extension 1 has also come up and I am now second overall as well as for this task, I got 21/25.

Currently am only waiting on mx1, which is probably going to be the worst mark of the term.

I can't wait for the next two weeks and have planned to go to all 5 days of the lectures, hopefully nothing comes up! Right now, I am watching a tv show and relaxing so I can begin Monday with my study schedule.

peace out,
-2018 HSC-
Mathematics
-2019 HSC-

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +352
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2019, 11:50:16 am »
+1
Congratulations on those stellar results, Meerae  ;D Awesome work  :) Definitely take a break for yourself and relax now that your main assessments for the term are over. Have a great holiday break and see you at the lectures  8)
-HSC 2018-
| Advanced English (94) | Extension 1 English (48) | Extension 2 English (46) | Music 2 (83) | Visual Arts (93) | Society and Culture (93) | Modern History (89) |

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music