Last Minute Offer: FREE Complete Course Notes for all subjects you enrol in for TuteSmart 2019. Book free info appointment here.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

January 24, 2019, 06:26:08 pm

Author Topic: w0lfqu33ns problematic journal!  (Read 234 times)

w0lfqu33n89

• Adventurer
  • cliche af
  • Respect: +5
w0lfqu33ns problematic journal!
« on: January 11, 2019, 01:38:38 am »
+8
EDIT: such a clutz! see the "problematic journal" part? well just posted this in the complete wrong section on this site. yay me! living up to my own expectations....NOT! anyways read on, or don't, your choice :)

Hey AN! (that's the slang people seem to be using on this...imma roll with it!)

My name is Lexie, I start year 10 this year (dear god pls if your a year 12 pls don't crush me, for being on this site!)

I have always wanted to have a blog, a safe place, a place to be myself free of judgement. how can I do that? *grins to herself* BY BEING ANONYMOUS! I have had all these ad's and stuff popping up in my instagram and facebook feed about ATAR notes, and now need some Biology study guide recommended through AN, so I am like you know what why not?

Has anyone read the series "Girl Online?" written by Zoe Sugg, probably more known for her vlogs on Youtube? shoutout to her, she is my inspiration! For those of you who haven't read the books, basically she has an anonymous blog, at first she thinks nothing of it, basically an online journal, she eventually becomes well known and then her blog is famous! soon after she is revealed as the girl behind the screen. To get to the point she is just your average coffee drinking, drama filled, anxious, makeup covered teenage girl. Like most girls. Right? well... maybe.

anyways, at the start I started to relate to her a lot, minus the rockstar boyfriend, house near the beach, Saturday family breakfasts, and a mother who sells wedding dresses for a living. she loves art, photography mostly, she likes her life behind the camera, not on screen. she has her ups and downs, she definitely has her drama and boy problems, and she has her gay best friend Elliot. Sounds a little too cliche, right? But most girls dream of that kind of life, so Zoe, I drink to you, not many stories can get to me the way yours did, and now look at where I am. To conclude this first journal entry. (yeesh that sounded like one of my worthy of only a C essay's!), here are 5 reasons I started this journal.

1. I have always wanted to make one
2. I am going to need some serious study help, school help and just between you and me (my school kinda sucks at the 'help' part)
3. im a teen, im gonna need a place I feel safe and to escape to, so, hi guys!
4. I have heard nothing but great stuff from this site and its great community, I hope I can be accepted.
5. Ok, so I didn't think good enough past number 4, so hopefully this is a nice comical way to end this.

Lex Out xx

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1178
Re: w0lfqu33ns problematic journal!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 02:57:59 am »
+7
Welcome to ATAR Notes Lexie - we definitely like to see younger students on here... In fact, over the past couple of years I have seen an increase in the # of middle secondary students joining and participating (Years 9-10.. some even younger). Definitely would recommend having a look at the sub-forums dedicated to this.. and you've managed to find the Year 10 one already, which is fantastic.

Please get involved with our great community - we welcome you with open arms.

Good luck!
Qualifications: B.InfoTech LTU, M.Teach Sec Ed (Maths/IT) Monash

Former AN national moderator 2016-2018 (ref)
Current secondary teacher Maths/Computing.

My Website

w0lfqu33n89

• Adventurer
  • cliche af
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 10:58:56 am »
Thanks Aaron! Will definitely have a look! :)

w0lfqu33n89

• Adventurer
  • cliche af
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 06:30:04 pm »
+2
So, I'm new...annnnd we don't really know much about each other. Well I don't with you guys. Tell me a bit about yourselves.

Where ya from?
What are your interests?
What makes you most happy?
What do you want to achieve and be in your life?

I'll start...

I am from Victoria.

My interests are reading, sleeping, walking, being social and being helpful in any way is can

What makes me most happy would certainly be puppy dogs, sitting beside water with a good book under a tree, my friends and shopping.

Like 70% of most teen girls, I want to travel Europe and see the world, but I also want to dedicate my life helping people in need, or helping anything in anyway I can to improve or make it better.

w0lfqu33n89

• Adventurer
  • cliche af
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 10:02:22 pm »
+3
Woah! my last post did score some points didn't it! (bursts into fit of laughter). nah its all good. Anyways, I am going out tomorrow, I have 16 resumes and 16 references printed, in folders ready to go, bad thing is, I have exactly 7 places I want to apply for a job. So now I handball it to you guys! where do you work? where is a good place for a first job? any tips for interviews? help of any sort would be great xxx

miniturtle

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +1336
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 11:01:13 pm »
Woah! my last post did score some points didn't it! (bursts into fit of laughter). nah its all good. Anyways, I am going out tomorrow, I have 16 resumes and 16 references printed, in folders ready to go, bad thing is, I have exactly 7 places I want to apply for a job. So now I handball it to you guys! where do you work? where is a good place for a first job? any tips for interviews? help of any sort would be great xxx

I read it, clicked away thinking "hmm I'll think about it and answer later" annnnd completely forgot. So my apologies for that

my responses
I'm from Vic too.

I love immersing myself in nature, am an avid reader, and am also an altruistic keen learner. Unsurprisingly, these things make me happy - as do my friends.

The most important things to me are that I follow my values (my top 2 are empathy and determination) & moral compass. Careerwise, I hope to expand not just my knowledge of the ocean but also the world's knowledge of marine environments too.

If you're interested in getting to know other regular ANers reading and responding to their journals would probably help a lot :)

Hmm..

can't really think of many job places aside from the standard retail, fastfood jobs

For interviews, it's a good idea to practice how you'll respond to common questions eg "what would your friends/classmates say about you?" "what's your greatest weakness/strength?" as well as thinking of examples of when you've demonstrated things like teamwork, initiative etc.  researchng the place you're applying for as also a good idea too!

Good luck :)
VCE: Sciences, eng lang & methods
2018: Science Advanced - Global Challenges (Honours) @ Monash

Leadership  ; Scientific Methodology ; Wanting to stay productive?
Psychology  Research Methods Practice

AN Science Games Jan 7-31

lacitam

• Trailblazer
  • MHS
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 11:12:44 pm »
i work at woolworths and cashier is probably the most stale job in the world. other than the job being boring, everything's alright (except for rush hour. oh god i hate this moment)
Melbourne High School '18

w0lfqu33n89

• Adventurer
  • cliche af
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 02:19:00 am »
I read it, clicked away thinking "hmm I'll think about it and answer later" annnnd completely forgot. So my apologies for that

my responses
I'm from Vic too.

I love immersing myself in nature, am an avid reader, and am also an altruistic keen learner. Unsurprisingly, these things make me happy - as do my friends.

The most important things to me are that I follow my values (my top 2 are empathy and determination) & moral compass. Careerwise, I hope to expand not just my knowledge of the ocean but also the world's knowledge of marine environments too.

If you're interested in getting to know other regular ANers reading and responding to their journals would probably help a lot :)

Hmm..

can't really think of many job places aside from the standard retail, fastfood jobs

For interviews, it's a good idea to practice how you'll respond to common questions eg "what would your friends/classmates say about you?" "what's your greatest weakness/strength?" as well as thinking of examples of when you've demonstrated things like teamwork, initiative etc.  researchng the place you're applying for as also a good idea too!

Good luck :)

Haha, no need to feel bad, hmm, sounds like we have quite a bit in common! love your nickname btw....oh wait! hey I see a connection there haha!
yeah, still trying to find my way around the place, I will keep trying! haha I am pretty clueless with foreign things  ::).
thank you for your reply and help xx

w0lfqu33n89

• Adventurer
  • cliche af
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 02:21:37 am »
i work at woolworths and cashier is probably the most stale job in the world. other than the job being boring, everything's alright (except for rush hour. oh god i hate this moment)

Thanks lacitam! yeah, helped out at a footy canteen once, did not know what stress was until rush hour hit! thank you! x

w0lfqu33n89

• Adventurer
  • cliche af
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 09:27:27 pm »
Who here has seen the movie Bohemian Rhapsody?

I saw it for the 2nd time this arvo and mateeeeee! Am I the only one who smiles, laughs, cries, sings, bops to the beat and get goose bumps from this movie? I absolutely love it. Best movie that has come out in forever! If you haven't seen it. YOU MUST SEE IT! even if your not a queen fan. Just the story behind it all is beyond amazing!

What did you guys think of it?