HSC TuteSmart: limited places remaining - Click here. | VCE TuteSmart: access Early Bird Offer (FREE Study Guides) - Click here.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

December 10, 2018, 10:26:29 pm

Author Topic: minigoals for miniturtle  (Read 171 times)

miniturtle

• MOTM: SEP 17
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +1174
minigoals for miniturtle
« on: December 07, 2018, 10:45:38 am »
+24
Hey! :)

Something I realised part way through the year was that even though the impact through science units (Global Challenges specific units) are incredibly valuable to me, sometimes it's hard to keep track of the progress I'm making since it's so focused on personal and community development. Additionally, since second year is focused more on developing entrepenerial skills I'm not sure if my uni journey journal will be the most appropriate place for these reflections.
 Anyway, rather than working towards 1 big goal this will be mainly dedicated to the multitude steps along the way which contribute to growth.

The story so far:
- For a long time, phone calls have been stress inducing for me. For example, when I was chairman of my venturer scout unit we needed to ring up this archery place to make a booking. I had originally delegated this task to a friend in the unit council but they were quite stressed about it so of course I said I'd do it instead. I spent about an hour making a flowchart of everything that could happen in the conversation and psyching myself up to actually call them. This year I've made or answered so many phone calls that I'm fine with them - yesterday I called someone on a whim.
- I've been a confident speaker for a while, but I've made a lot of progress this year in using emotional expressiveness and transparency in speeches
- I've also become more open and expressive as a person generally
- I've been getting better at letting myself take breaks, not having to be at 100% all the time (academically, community-wise, personally...) etc.
- Unfortunately, I haven't been taking the best care of my health this year. Opening up to people and allowing imperfection has helped my mental health, but I'd like to improve my levels of exercise, sleep habits & eating patterns to improve my overall wellbeing. Ideally I'd like to take up rock climbing again (in the past I've done this indoors) but then I'd need someone to be my climbing partner so idk
- This year I did a bunch of planning for a year 8 STEM camp to run at a disadvantaged school. Paperwork delays from a 3rd party have pushed that to term 2 next year, I'd really like to have everything sorted and ready for that early next year.

So to sum up, my personal development goals atm:
- improve wellbeing
- have STEM camp ready next year

minigoal focuses for next week:
Be asleep by 11pm
Have 3 nutritous meals a day
VCE: Sciences, eng lang & methods
2018: Science Advanced - Global Challenges (Honours) @ Monash

Leadership  ; Scientific Methodology ; Wanting to stay productive?
Psychology Weekly Research Methods Practice

Mada438

• MOTM: DEC 17
  • Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +343
Re: minigoals for miniturtle
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 01:40:24 pm »
+7
LOVE THIS MINITURTLE!!!
KEEP ON GOING  ;D ;D
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

miniturtle

• Victorian Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 01:45:27 pm »
+7
LOVE THIS MINITURTLE!!!
KEEP ON GOING  ;D ;D

Thankyou!!! I appreciate the support!! :D

secretly_a_poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Forum Leader
  • Who could eat this many beans?!?
  • Respect: +1234
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 01:47:49 pm »
+7
Thankyou!!! I appreciate the support!! :D

This looks great! I'm so happy you're working on this, and glad you're being open. That's really inspiring <3

Remember to eat today ;)
You're both the fire and the water that extinguishes it.
You're the narrator, the protagonist, and the sidekick.
You're the storyteller and the story told.
You are somebody's something, but you are also your you.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

miniturtle

• Victorian Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 02:08:40 pm »
+10

This looks great! I'm so happy you're working on this, and glad you're being open. That's really inspiring <3

Remember to eat today ;)

You're a gem <3 

If people like you and reptiles like Caleb hadn't talked about their personal journeys it very unlikely that I would've started this, so (and for other reasons) thank you :)

Right back at ya ;)

insanipi

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos"
  • Respect: +1750
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 08:45:13 pm »
+7
You've got this mini! :))

Also with the sleeping by x time- if I've been going to bed late, I'd go to sleep 10-30mins earlier than the night before (depending on if I need to quickly adjust or not) and so on each night until I hit the target time, otherwise diving from a 3am sleeptime to a 11pm sleeptime is pretty rough on me- don't know if this'll 100 work for you, but here's a suggestion for achieving that! <3

(Maybe yours and Poet's journals will inspire me to eat more- I need to kick the 'not eating' habit too <3 )

miniturtle

• Victorian Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 09:13:55 pm »
+8
You've got this mini! :))

Also with the sleeping by x time- if I've been going to bed late, I'd go to sleep 10-30mins earlier than the night before (depending on if I need to quickly adjust or not) and so on each night until I hit the target time, otherwise diving from a 3am sleeptime to a 11pm sleeptime is pretty rough on me- don't know if this'll 100 work for you, but here's a suggestion for achieving that! <3

(Maybe yours and Poet's journals will inspire me to eat more- I need to kick the 'not eating' habit too <3 )

Thankyou!!
& I appreciate the advice :)

I've been waking up around 6-7ish which I'm hoping will help me get back to a healthier pattern quicker (hence the somewhat ambitious goal); I'll definitely keep the idea of adjusting by small increments in mind  - it sounds very sensible:)

Best of luck for making progress <3 I've found others' journals helpful to me & I do hope the same effect aids you :)