Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

July 05, 2020, 12:34:11 am

Author Topic: HSC English Question Thread  (Read 6649 times)

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +818
Re: HSC English Question Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2020, 11:49:08 am »
+1
This concept is much more clear now, thanks a lot Angelina!!!

Could you help me identify how the complexity of human experiences is represented in this extract:

Hey again!

Glad to hear it makes more sense! If you wanted to apply the ideas I explored in the previous post about complexity with this extract, you could either look at the inconsistent nature of our world and how that governs our desire for predictability (and consistency) in everyday life. I would highlight how we are motivated to combat what we are unable to predict by engaging in behaviours that enable us to grasp at some degree of reassurance and/or can provide us with foresight, no matter how accurate it ends up being. You could consider this to be complex because it reveals how we as human beings choose to respond to aspects of our lives that are out of our control with certain actions. Hope that helps!

Angelina  ;D

-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

alice343

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +52
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2020, 11:50:40 am »
Hello everyone! I was just wanted to know, how do you guys organise your quote tables for the Common Module? Under rubric terms, human experiences, the text (My text is a series of Dobson poems), key ideas? There's so much stuff to include!!
2020 HSC: English Advanced, Modern History, Legal Studies, Japanese Beginners, Society and Culture, History Extension

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +818
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2020, 01:24:56 pm »
+2
Hello everyone! I was just wanted to know, how do you guys organise your quote tables for the Common Module? Under rubric terms, human experiences, the text (My text is a series of Dobson poems), key ideas? There's so much stuff to include!!

Hey, alice343!

I would recommend organising it under rubric terms so that way, you cover all the bases they could possibly ask you in the exam! You also can organise it under key ideas but make sure the examples you choose are flexible enough across a variety of concepts. I also tried to reduce the number of quotes I had down so I had less to memorise by reusing quotes for multiple rubric points. I initially would have around 30 quotes per text but by Trials, I had around 12 instead. For example, you could use this quote from Amy Caroline "Eight children, little money, many griefs" for human emotions, as well as individual and collective human experiences. See if you can find quotes that apply to more than one rubric concept and use those wherever you can  :) Hope that helps!

Angelina  ;D

-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

alice343

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +52
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2020, 08:46:51 pm »
+1
Hey, alice343!

I would recommend organising it under rubric terms so that way, you cover all the bases they could possibly ask you in the exam! You also can organise it under key ideas but make sure the examples you choose are flexible enough across a variety of concepts. I also tried to reduce the number of quotes I had down so I had less to memorise by reusing quotes for multiple rubric points. I initially would have around 30 quotes per text but by Trials, I had around 12 instead. For example, you could use this quote from Amy Caroline "Eight children, little money, many griefs" for human emotions, as well as individual and collective human experiences. See if you can find quotes that apply to more than one rubric concept and use those wherever you can  :) Hope that helps!

Angelina  ;D

Thank you Angelina!
2020 HSC: English Advanced, Modern History, Legal Studies, Japanese Beginners, Society and Culture, History Extension