Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 01:47:48 am

Author Topic: 85-90 ATAR  (Read 849 times)

TaemiSeok

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
85-90 ATAR
« on: October 17, 2018, 10:31:56 am »
I do the following subjects:
- General maths
- Biology
- PDH/PE
- Advanced English
- Legal Studies

I'm aiming for at least an ATAR of 85 and I was wondering what scores I should be aiming for for each subject because they get scaled differently.
I'm worried that because I do general mathematics I won't be able to get my goal ATAR although I am pretty sure I will be able to get in the 90's for the exam.

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
Re: 85-90 ATAR
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 10:36:33 am »
+4
I do the following subjects:
- General maths
- Biology
- PDH/PE
- Advanced English
- Legal Studies

I'm aiming for at least an ATAR of 85 and I was wondering what scores I should be aiming for for each subject because they get scaled differently.
I'm worried that because I do general mathematics I won't be able to get my goal ATAR although I am pretty sure I will be able to get in the 90's for the exam.
Hey!
As the ATAR is typically lower than your HSC marks, to get at least an 85, you should be aiming to get band 6s across your subjects
By aiming this high, you'll put yourself in a reasonable poisition to get into the 90s, and if you fall in one of your subjects, you'll still be in good position to get that ATAR. Don't sweat the scaling too much. Just focus on achieving those high marks!

Hope this helps!  ;D
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU