Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

October 16, 2019, 08:12:45 pm

Author Topic: screwed my hsc  (Read 578 times)  Share 

monim.rana

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
screwed my hsc
« on: July 21, 2018, 01:35:41 pm »
As you read by the title i screwed up my hsc as in my half yearlies i got 40-60's in Business, Biology, English standard, Maths 2u, SOR 2 and legal studies
MY PARENTS ARE STRICT I COME FOR A ASIAN HOUSEHOULD!!!!!. Like ill get kicked out my house if don't hit 80's my trials are IN 17 days and i'm screwed virtually across my subjects. Pre year 11 and 12 my avergae mark was 95% my lowest was mark was 72% from year 7-10. I have depression i gert treated it for it. What my real question supposed i get an ATAR of 60-70 and don't make it into UTS engineering, is there any scheme or proscess whereby i can gain entry into UTS by 2019 so my parents excpet back in the house. NOTE that in these 17 days i'll be averaging 9 hours of study so hopefully ill redeem my atar.

preliminary17hsc18

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
Re: screwed my hsc
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 02:04:24 pm »
+2
As you read by the title i screwed up my hsc as in my half yearlies i got 40-60's in Business, Biology, English standard, Maths 2u, SOR 2 and legal studies
MY PARENTS ARE STRICT I COME FOR A ASIAN HOUSEHOULD!!!!!. Like ill get kicked out my house if don't hit 80's my trials are IN 17 days and i'm screwed virtually across my subjects. Pre year 11 and 12 my avergae mark was 95% my lowest was mark was 72% from year 7-10. I have depression i gert treated it for it. What my real question supposed i get an ATAR of 60-70 and don't make it into UTS engineering, is there any scheme or proscess whereby i can gain entry into UTS by 2019 so my parents excpet back in the house. NOTE that in these 17 days i'll be averaging 9 hours of study so hopefully ill redeem my atar.

Hellooo! I'm really sorry to hear the situation that you're faced with at home. I don't think it's right for them to kick you out because of your results, have you talked to anyone about what you're facing with them? As long as your trying your very best, that should suffice for them AND for you, so don't feel like you're obliged to do your hsc for THEIR sake, do it for yourself! As for any schemes... since you mentioned you had depression and are treated, maybe you can apply for Educational Access Scheme under the provisions of your mental health? That makes sure the markers are lenient on you and I think (you'll have to double check) it can help you get bonus points which will help getting into the course. Also, idk if this applies to your course, but a lot of courses at UTS give bonus points if you get band 5/6s in your subjects, so try to improve the subjects that you know you can get bonus points for. And always make sure you set realistic expectations for yourself - don't burn out in studying for your trials as it is not your actual hsc. Do the best you can, email responses to your teachers, watch every single damn explanation of your subjects on youtube, ask your friends for help and be kind to yourself! All the best :)