Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

August 04, 2020, 03:32:45 pm

Author Topic: What are you reading at the moment?  (Read 18587 times)

The Cat In The Hat

• Trendsetter
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +28
Re: What are you reading at the moment?
« Reply #255 on: June 25, 2020, 10:35:55 am »
+1
Currently reading The Silver Chair (again), Brisingr (Inheritance Cycle) and A Dancer from the Abbey (E. J. Oxenham 'Abbey Girls' series)
VCE 2018-2020
2019: HHD 3/4 (raw 31), Maths Methods 1/2, English 1/2, Texts and Traditions 1/2, History 1/2, Chemistry 1/2
2020: Maths Methods 3/4, English 3/4, Texts and Traditions 3/4, Revolutions (France/Russia) 3/4
(VERY optimistic) Aims for VCE
90+ ATAR
42+ Texts [not realistic]
43+ English [definitely not realistic, maybe 40+ if I'm lucky]
36+ Methods [wish for 40+, but definitely not happening]
32+ Revs
Aims for life
Bachelor of Nursing probably at Monash.
Write/publish books (thanks NaNoWriMo.org!)
For Narnia!

insanipi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos"
  • Respect: +2856
« Reply #256 on: July 02, 2020, 09:07:44 pm »
+6
Going to start reading Terra Nullius by Claire G. Coleman this weekend! Been meaning to read this one for agesssssss, and I finally got my mitts onto a copy the other day and squeeeed about it to one of my bookstagram friends haha!
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) (Drug Delivery, Disposition and Dynamics- focusing on molecular biol and editing of glowy proteins)
Follow my uni journey here!

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +985
« Reply #257 on: July 03, 2020, 06:10:47 pm »
+4
It's been awhile since I've given any sort of update on what I'm reading but I have been investing in reading a lot these days. Over the past 2 weeks, I've read:

- Fire and Blood (GRR Martin)
- Crime and Punishment (Fyodor Dostoevsky)
- Half of The Witcher Novel series (Time of Contempt, Baptism of Fire, The Tower and The Swallow, The Lady of the Lake, Sword of Destiny, Season of Storms) - I read the first two last year

At the moment I've ran out of things to read but I'm currently scrolling through QBD to buy. Currently looking at the Assassin's Creed books (yes they have books, not just video games) just for lols.
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

jessicah_atarnotes

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #258 on: July 03, 2020, 11:08:12 pm »
+2
Currently reading 'This is going to hurt' by Adam Kay! Highly recommend for any science/healthcare students especially, it's a great light read. Here's the blurb for anyone interested:

"Adam Kay was a junior doctor from 2004 until 2010, before a devastating experience on a ward caused him to reconsider his future. He kept a diary throughout his training, and This Is Going to Hurt intersperses tales from the front line of the NHS with reflections on the current crisis. The result is a first-hand account of life as a junior doctor in all its joy, pain, sacrifice and maddening bureaucracy, and a love letter to those who might at any moment be holding our lives in their hands."

He has an incredibly funny yet touching way with storytelling :)