Last Minute Offer: FREE Complete Course Notes for all subjects you enrol in for TuteSmart 2019. Book free info appointment here.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

January 24, 2019, 09:24:30 pm

Author Topic: Study Hours  (Read 1044 times)  Share 

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1182
Re: Study Hours
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 06:03:16 pm »
+3
Agree with Bucket Hat - you need to dedicate time to yourself as well. Honestly, Year 12 is a massive year.... so looking after yourself is so important. Take a day off weekly to dedicate to you (this means NO study - no matter the type - whatsoever), practice mindfulness if that's your thing. Half of it is actually being disciplined and balancing the work and life. I have used this system ever since I was in Year 12. Now as a teacher, I still dedicate one day on the weekend where I force myself not to work at all because I don't want it to consume my life.  You give yourself the best chance of success where you still meet your work requirements but also find time to maintain your mental, physical and emotional health.

I don't think depriving yourself of "me" time is the right way to go about things. Do some study, but don't overdo it to the point where you even spend all your weekends doing it. It might work for some but for the vast majority you'll send yourself downhill very quickly. The challenge of Year 12 is to actually get through the year, then your scores etc. come after that.

Find a system that works for you. :) Sleep is important, but so is looking after yourself in other ways. Studying every day for lengthy periods of time does not achieve that.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 06:10:45 pm by Aaron »
Qualifications: B.InfoTech LTU, M.Teach Sec Ed (Maths/IT) Monash

Former AN national moderator 2016-2018 (ref)
Current secondary teacher Maths/Computing.

My Website