Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:11:13 pm

Author Topic: Study Timetable  (Read 8079 times)

alisoneom

• Trailblazer
  • I set Lisa as my dp to appear a lot smarter
  • Respect: 0
Study Timetable
« on: January 21, 2018, 10:02:01 pm »
Hey guys! I'm currently in Year 12 and I'm starting to plan out my study time for the remainder of the holidays and into the school term. I am aiming for an ATAR above 98 (which means that I will have to work extra hard) - so I'm looking for others' study timetables to help me figure out how much others study, how they spread out their study blocks, general time management skills with part-time work (if they had one), etc. ;D

So it would be amazing if you can please share some of your Year 12 study timetable or help me with tips on how much I should study (although I'm aware that everyone's opinion on this is very different), etc. - thank you!  ;D
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 09:59:28 am by alisoneom »
HSC 2018:
English Advanced | Mathematics | Mathematics Extension 1 | Chemistry | Studies of Religion 1 | Music 2 | Music Extension

ATAR Goal: 98+

Dream Course:
- B Science / B Advanced Studies (Dalyell Scholars including Mathematical Sciences) @ USYD
- B Pharmacy and Management @ USYD

lazaward

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +33
Re: Study Timetable
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 10:18:37 pm »
+6
I’m in VCE not that it makes much of a difference this is what I’ve planned for this year. It’s pretty general, I think if your study timetable is too rigid it’ll stress you out if you don’t stick to it instead of motivating you. Study as much as you need to, most of the time it’s just keeping up with notes and homework and having a quick revision session after the school day to make sure you’ve understood everything. I think it’s important every week to have a day where you just relax (in my case Friday nights) and get in a bit of exercise just to clear your head and keep you sane.

Hope this helps, good luck!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 11:57:26 pm »
+3
Hi Alison! Just thought I'd link this guide I wrote on study timetables! I'm actually really keen to see how people are timetabling themselves though :)

alisoneom

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 10:02:51 am »
I’m in VCE not that it makes much of a difference this is what I’ve planned for this year. It’s pretty general, I think if your study timetable is too rigid it’ll stress you out if you don’t stick to it instead of motivating you. Study as much as you need to, most of the time it’s just keeping up with notes and homework and having a quick revision session after the school day to make sure you’ve understood everything. I think it’s important every week to have a day where you just relax (in my case Friday nights) and get in a bit of exercise just to clear your head and keep you sane.
(Image removed from quote.)

Hope this helps, good luck!

Thanks for the post! I really like that your timetable is colour coded and also scheduled in smaller time blocks - it's going to be helpful during the term when you're working on 30 minutes of a certain subject every night! Thanks again  :D
HSC 2018:
English Advanced | Mathematics | Mathematics Extension 1 | Chemistry | Studies of Religion 1 | Music 2 | Music Extension

Dream Course:
- B Science / B Advanced Studies (Dalyell Scholars including Mathematical Sciences) @ USYD

alisoneom

• Trailblazer
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 10:08:30 am »
Hi Alison! Just thought I'd link this guide I wrote on study timetables! I'm actually really keen to see how people are timetabling themselves though :)

Thanks Jamon! Your guide is super helpful - I think it's a great idea that you allocated a different amount of time for different subjects, according to how confident you are at the subject  ;D I'm going to incorporate the advice from both of you for my own timetable but in the meantime, here's what it looks like now! (with lots of blanks, since the term hasn't started yet and I'm only filling in my extra-curriculars and lessons)
HSC 2018:

Dream Course: