Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

July 20, 2019, 10:55:08 am

Author Topic: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION  (Read 91821 times)  Share 

Hi im jeff

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION
« Reply #1245 on: June 23, 2019, 03:39:57 pm »
I was in floor 2 as well. My last name starts with M

Hi im jeff

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1246 on: June 23, 2019, 03:46:39 pm »
Actually,
Multiple choice (mathematics, numerical, scientific reasoning): too easy, estimated 90%
Science report: draw a diagram, and finish all the requested stuff
Scientific essay: basically included all information, but in an awkward way to make sense. Forget to apply my own knowledge into it, only ďdecomposersĒ, ďcellular respirationĒ and ďenvironment adaptionĒ, due to insufficient time. If it was not timed, I think I could put things like the composition of the algae, which is mostly glycogen and stuff.
Now, back to KSP...

Wow I didnt do any studying for the exam so I dont understand half of the things you wrote or shouldve written during the scientific essay.

I think I failed my essays tbh im just relying on math because it was pretty easy compared to the others.

SynX

• Forum Regular
  • To excelsior, To beyond
« Reply #1247 on: June 23, 2019, 05:01:41 pm »
Wow I didnt do any studying for the exam so I dont understand half of the things you wrote or shouldve written during the scientific essay.

I think I failed my essays tbh im just relying on math because it was pretty easy compared to the others.
I might failed the essay as well. because compared to my scientific knowledge, I think my English is around year 4 level... trying to organize everything, but so awkward at last.
Troublesome getting to JMSS

^^^111^^^

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #1248 on: June 23, 2019, 06:20:03 pm »
I was in floor 2 as well. My last name starts with M

SAME!! What number, mine was about 2200! What did u wear?? PM me if u want to

nootulla

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #1249 on: June 23, 2019, 09:05:46 pm »
Everyone is saying that maths was easy and lots think they have a high chance of getting the interviews because it was that easy. but I believe they will judge on your science reasoning and writing ability D:

SynX

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1250 on: June 24, 2019, 09:12:58 am »
+1
Everyone is saying that maths was easy and lots think they have a high chance of getting the interviews because it was that easy. but I believe they will judge on your science reasoning and writing ability D:
Multiple choice was relatively easy, I readily finished on time. When I do scientific report, I just followed the suggestions of others, and at last I realized WTF am I doing. When I see the essay topic, I was pretty much dead as the fish. I would prefer a Mars mission or climate change instead :-\
Plus, since math is easy, and Iím good at solving hard problems, this time I think I will get no more than an ďabove averageĒ. Beware, if you think itís easy, everyone else will as well, and only less than half of people can get to the interview. So in order to get in, we need better marks on other subjects.

SynX

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1251 on: June 25, 2019, 12:59:17 pm »
Anyone still on? Letís discuss about JMSS interview. 5 people in our school is applying, and thatís about 2% of our total year 9 population. The competitive stress is not high. I think I would make it to the interview, so anyone thinks we should be discussing that right now?

^^^111^^^

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1252 on: June 25, 2019, 04:32:18 pm »
Omg, the maths and numerical was easy but I completely fucked it up. I donít know what happened to me, when I was doing the numerical, I couldnít even do simple addition, I just kept messing up. Idk why I was so stressed. Everyoneís saying they did really well so Iím gonna get like a below average. Donít even get me started on the essays. Why do I have to always mess up. I worked so hard since jan, I deleted all my social medias to focus on this shit. Smh, Iím so mad😩😩😩😩 I really wanted to get in and thereís a lot of people trying out, so I have no luck and they all said they finished everything. 😩😩😩
Dw mate, same scenario here  :-\ There is really nothing we can do...just have to wait. While it will feel bad, there is really nothing we can do now.. Honestly I am just counting the days left before the results 'may' come up (So yeah i am counting the days until the end of july or august)..

Rohan1176

• Adventurer
« Reply #1253 on: June 25, 2019, 09:00:31 pm »
Anyone still on? Letís discuss about JMSS interview. 5 people in our school is applying, and thatís about 2% of our total year 9 population. The competitive stress is not high. I think I would make it to the interview, so anyone thinks we should be discussing that right now?

You're so lucky. There's around 25+ people trying out from my school and only 7 can get in. The competition IS VERY HIGH.

^^^111^^^

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1254 on: June 26, 2019, 06:49:44 am »
You're so lucky. There's around 25+ people trying out from my school and only 7 can get in. The competition IS VERY HIGH.
There are 15 people trying from my school and only 3 get in. The chances are probably lower than yours. Damn, the more I think about it the less chance that I will get into JMSS. Last year I thought my chances are 50-60%. Then, after realising how well everyone did the test, it turned out that my chances are about 30%. Now it seems like 15 %. I am so confused  ??? and honestly have no hopes whatsoever.

I don\'t know

• Adventurer
« Reply #1255 on: June 26, 2019, 11:24:13 am »
There are 15 people trying from my school and only 3 get in. The chances are probably lower than yours. Damn, the more I think about it the less chance that I will get into JMSS. Last year I thought my chances are 50-60%. Then, after realising how well everyone did the test, it turned out that my chances are about 30%. Now it seems like 15 %. I am so confused  ??? and honestly have no hopes whatsoever.

omg sameeee. I have almost 20 people trying out from my school and theres TWO MOTHER FUC*ING CAMPUSES> So theres probably like 35+ students trying out in total  :'( :'( :'(

^^^111^^^

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1256 on: June 26, 2019, 12:53:16 pm »
if any of u guys get into JMSS, if you can, can u just pls give me a list of textbooks that they may be using for the test. that would be srsly helpful, cos my school's textbook are soo bad (like there are even some problems with the answer key for some exercises and etc.) and my school does not even know how to grade people (the SUPER SMART kids get like Ds for their report and some kids who have plagiarised the whole test [open book] get like As)

if u do thx a million   ;D

SynX

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1257 on: June 26, 2019, 04:55:47 pm »
if any of u guys get into JMSS, if you can, can u just pls give me a list of textbooks that they may be using for the test. that would be srsly helpful, cos my school's textbook are soo bad (like there are even some problems with the answer key for some exercises and etc.) and my school does not even know how to grade people (the SUPER SMART kids get like Ds for their report and some kids who have plagiarised the whole test [open book] get like As)

if u do thx a million   ;D
You can do some ICAS tests and GAT tests (not textbooks because thatís what I do in the revision. You donít need a specialized textbook for this, and most people that got into JMSS say so.  Just learn more scientific knowledge from Khan Academy and stuff, and more rapid-response by mind training apps such elevate.

SynX

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1258 on: June 26, 2019, 05:12:35 pm »
Omg, the maths and numerical was easy but I completely fucked it up. I donít know what happened to me, when I was doing the numerical, I couldnít even do simple addition, I just kept messing up. Idk why I was so stressed. Everyoneís saying they did really well so Iím gonna get like a below average. Donít even get me started on the essays. Why do I have to always mess up. I worked so hard since jan, I deleted all my social medias to focus on this shit. Smh, Iím so mad😩😩😩😩 I really wanted to get in and thereís a lot of people trying out, so I have no luck and they all said they finished everything. 😩😩😩
Sorry to hear that😰, but Iím too busy working out problems to be nervous and stressful, and if you are really stressful, youíre likely to screw it☠️ But maybe you actually did a great job, who knows? Even if you, or me fail this year🚷, we still can apply both JMSS 🧬and EBSS.😗
Have you noticed that the flag on my avatar is the symbol of JMSS?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 08:17:28 pm by SynX »

SynX

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1259 on: June 27, 2019, 01:44:41 pm »
Iím not lucky though, since that WSC is 50 Kilometers away from JMSS. Even if I get in, iíll be spending 3 hours on train every day! And thatís how our people rarely apply. They might not even know about the science school. And now on ATAR notes, I feel I somehow betrayed my current school...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 11:05:16 am by SynX »