Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

December 07, 2019, 11:53:57 pm

Author Topic: Things that shit me  (Read 101572 times)  Share 

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

yourfriendlyneighbourhoodghost

  • Trendsetter
  • **
  • Posts: 151
  • sleep now and dream, study now and live your dream
  • Respect: +24
Re: Things that shit me
« Reply #1350 on: November 12, 2019, 08:18:29 am »
+10
I dislike when people are rude or make judgements about strangers without knowing them. Idk I get angry lol.

And I don't like when people do not acknowledge or thank someone who does something kind like opening a door.

2018: Studio Arts [37]
2019: English [43+ hopefully] Psychology [48+ hopefully] Vis Com [48+ hopefully] Software Development [43+ hopefully] Further Maths [37+ hopefully]

Studying hard to get an 80.00+ ATAR
Melbourne Uni Bachelor of Arts (Psych Major) ❤️

PhoenixxFire

  • VIC MVP - 2018
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 3057
  • What do you call a magic dog? A Labracadabrador.
  • Respect: +2297
Re: Things that shit me
« Reply #1351 on: November 13, 2019, 12:00:21 am »
+8
When my phone runs out of charge and I can't listen to my spotify :(
I could have like, plugged it in earlier or something but of course I watched it lose all its charge instead
2019: B Environment and Sustainability/B Science @ ANU

DrDusk

  • MOTM: MAY 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ***
  • Posts: 411
  • I exist in the fourth dimension
  • Respect: +90
Re: Things that shit me
« Reply #1352 on: November 13, 2019, 02:15:51 am »
+1
Going to formal- I don't wanna go.
Or like me, I didn't even go lol. Party because I don't mix well in such kind of large party situations, usually I'll be the person in the corner haha as I have a relatively small group of friends.

I dislike when people are rude or make judgements about strangers without knowing them. Idk I get angry lol.
Just curious what part specifically do you not like? because as humans it is our nature to judge. We make quick judgement's which allow us to address danger and motives from the way a person speaks or looks etc. =)

As for being rude about it, I agree it's not nice to be rude. I mean you can judge but keep it to yourself if it's not a good thing to say imo.
Sure I've been judged before, but tbh I think its good to think of it from the other persons perspective and really I've never gotten angry about anyone judging me =)

Would love to hear your thoughts on it :)
HSC/Prelim Physics tutor
BSc(Advanced)(Hons Adv Physics)/BSc(Computer Science) in Cyber-Security @ UNSW 2019

Poet

  • MOTM: JUN 18
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1369
  • ❤ you are loved ❤
  • Respect: +2129
Re: Things that shit me
« Reply #1353 on: November 13, 2019, 07:27:42 am »
+13
The difficulty of living as a woman, and talking to men about mysogyny. I very recently had a man laugh at me when I told him about my experience of being stalked; how are we meant to stay safe if people around us brush off threats as your own paranoia? It's ridiculous.
Also:
> getting called 'little lady', 'darling', 'sweetheart' by men a little older than me to middle age, particularly when I'm mad. I'm 5'8", that's not little.
> getting stared at to the point where a man will turn around to get a better look, and then wait outside a store you've gone into to see you come out
> having someone rub up against you on public transport on purpose and feeling as if you can't say anything because you have to be polite
> getting brushed off when you have a valid point. Getting paid a lower wage for your position than you should be. Being told to 'go back to the kitchen' because that's funny, apparently.

It's absolute horseshit. And it shits me.
You're both the fire and the water that extinguishes it.
You're the narrator, the protagonist, and the sidekick.
You're the storyteller and the story told.
You are somebody's something, but you are also your you.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

yourfriendlyneighbourhoodghost

  • Trendsetter
  • **
  • Posts: 151
  • sleep now and dream, study now and live your dream
  • Respect: +24
Re: Things that shit me
« Reply #1354 on: November 13, 2019, 09:09:47 am »
+2
Or like me, I didn't even go lol. Party because I don't mix well in such kind of large party situations, usually I'll be the person in the corner haha as I have a relatively small group of friends.
Just curious what part specifically do you not like? because as humans it is our nature to judge. We make quick judgement's which allow us to address danger and motives from the way a person speaks or looks etc. =)

As for being rude about it, I agree it's not nice to be rude. I mean you can judge but keep it to yourself if it's not a good thing to say imo.
Sure I've been judged before, but tbh I think its good to think of it from the other persons perspective and really I've never gotten angry about anyone judging me =)

Would love to hear your thoughts on it :)

What I mean is that when people look at someone from the exterior and because they look or act a certain way, and they are quick to judge their life before they know anything about the person.  It makes me sad because like you may look at someone and say, oh they look happy now, I bet all thier life everything has been handed to them but in reality they have worked hard. But really, it is only a problem when people start to voice this false belief to others. It makes me feel like the targeted person is being cheated of all thier achievements.  I hope that makes sense lol. Yeah I understand your point too ❤️😊
2018: Studio Arts [37]
2019: English [43+ hopefully] Psychology [48+ hopefully] Vis Com [48+ hopefully] Software Development [43+ hopefully] Further Maths [37+ hopefully]

Studying hard to get an 80.00+ ATAR
Melbourne Uni Bachelor of Arts (Psych Major) ❤️

yourfriendlyneighbourhoodghost

  • Trendsetter
  • **
  • Posts: 151
  • sleep now and dream, study now and live your dream
  • Respect: +24
Re: Things that shit me
« Reply #1355 on: November 13, 2019, 09:13:59 am »
+8
The difficulty of living as a woman, and talking to men about mysogyny. I very recently had a man laugh at me when I told him about my experience of being stalked; how are we meant to stay safe if people around us brush off threats as your own paranoia? It's ridiculous.
Also:
> getting called 'little lady', 'darling', 'sweetheart' by men a little older than me to middle age, particularly when I'm mad. I'm 5'8", that's not little.
> getting stared at to the point where a man will turn around to get a better look, and then wait outside a store you've gone into to see you come out
> having someone rub up against you on public transport on purpose and feeling as if you can't say anything because you have to be polite
> getting brushed off when you have a valid point. Getting paid a lower wage for your position than you should be. Being told to 'go back to the kitchen' because that's funny, apparently.

It's absolute horseshit. And it shits me.

That is disgusting. I am so sorry we have to go through this. We are strong though, and voicing our opinion like you did, is a step closer to a better world. At least I hope it is.

❤️
2018: Studio Arts [37]
2019: English [43+ hopefully] Psychology [48+ hopefully] Vis Com [48+ hopefully] Software Development [43+ hopefully] Further Maths [37+ hopefully]

Studying hard to get an 80.00+ ATAR
Melbourne Uni Bachelor of Arts (Psych Major) ❤️

smallbean

  • Trailblazer
  • *
  • Posts: 40
  • Respect: +21
Re: Things that shit me
« Reply #1356 on: November 13, 2019, 10:12:46 am »
+5
When you are completing a VCE exam and the supervisor says there's "5 minutes to go", giving you a mini heart attack because you still have a 6 marker left to do.
~Class of 2019~
2018: Chinese {SL}

Joseph41

  • Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • *****
  • Posts: 9944
  • Oxford comma and Avett Brothers enthusiast.
  • Respect: +6543
Re: Things that shit me
« Reply #1357 on: November 13, 2019, 10:20:46 am »
+1
When you are completing a VCE exam and the supervisor says there's "5 minutes to go", giving you a mini heart attack because you still have a 6 marker left to do.

Did you get through it? :)

Sare-Bear

  • Adventurer
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Respect: +1
Re: Minor things that annoy you in day-to-day life
« Reply #1358 on: November 13, 2019, 01:39:49 pm »
0
not sure if this is really a life thing, but if i'm writing essays etc for sacs, it annoys me a ridiculous amount to have to continue a sentence on a new page :( it looks so incomplete?? sometimes i edit my sentence around just to make it fit nicely within the page margins oops.

THIS. are we all just fast people on here or?? haha

I relate to both of these!  I'm not quite OCD to the point that I change my sentence but it really annoys me.  And we're not fast, everyone else is just slow.  At least we can always compete in speed walking if University doesn't work out!  ;D
Yours sincerely,
Sare-Bear 🐨

smallbean

  • Trailblazer
  • *
  • Posts: 40
  • Respect: +21
Re: Things that shit me
« Reply #1359 on: November 17, 2019, 10:22:19 am »
+1
Did you get through it? :)

Thankfully, I got through it and finished at the last second.  :)
~Class of 2019~
2018: Chinese {SL}

PhoenixxFire

  • VIC MVP - 2018
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 3057
  • What do you call a magic dog? A Labracadabrador.
  • Respect: +2297
Re: Things that shit me
« Reply #1360 on: November 21, 2019, 01:55:29 pm »
+2
Hiccups :(
2019: B Environment and Sustainability/B Science @ ANU

Bri MT

  • VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 3043
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +2122
Re: Things that shit me
« Reply #1361 on: November 21, 2019, 07:50:04 pm »
+7
I relate to both of these!  I'm not quite OCD to the point that I change my sentence but it really annoys me.  And we're not fast, everyone else is just slow.  At least we can always compete in speed walking if University doesn't work out!  ;D

Hey,

a note here that although the term "OCD" is often thrown around to mean "pedantic", "meticulous" or "fussy" it really is a serious mental health disorder that can significantly impact peoples' lives & the casual trivialisation of it can make it harder for people with OCD to be taken seriously.

I highly doubt you would have meant any harm by using OCD in this sense but I'd ask you to refrain from that in future
2018-2021: Science Advanced - Global Challenges (Honours) @ Monash

Leadership  ; Scientific Methodology ; Wanting to stay productive?

Want QCE help? Leave a post here :)

Comet striker

  • Forum Regular
  • **
  • Posts: 64
  • Respect: +12
Re: Things that shit me
« Reply #1362 on: November 21, 2019, 11:20:52 pm »
+7
When you plug your phone to charge before going to sleep then wake up next morning to find out you didnt turn on the switch
Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home

PhoenixxFire

  • VIC MVP - 2018
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 3057
  • What do you call a magic dog? A Labracadabrador.
  • Respect: +2297
Re: Things that shit me
« Reply #1363 on: November 22, 2019, 12:53:00 am »
+5
By the time you get to get the 30th fire alarm in a year, surely you should have lost the right to call it an “emergency”
2019: B Environment and Sustainability/B Science @ ANU

LoneWolf

  • Trailblazer
  • *
  • Posts: 45
  • Respect: 0
Re: Things that shit me
« Reply #1364 on: November 22, 2019, 06:24:41 am »
+4
SPILLING A WHOLE COFFEE ON YOUR BRAND NEW MATHS TEXTBOOK AND PROBABLY WILL HAVE TO FORK OUT A REPLACEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!