Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 11:32:55 pm

Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 3412 times)

Glasses

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Disclaimer: I wear contact lenses now.
  • Respect: +186
Thank you
« on: December 12, 2016, 05:24:25 pm »
+29
Hi all,
So basically the purpose of this post is to say a massive thank you to ATARNotes and the ATARNotes community for basically being what it is. Like many ATARNotes users, I received my VCE and ATAR results today; and whilst my particular ATAR isn't anything special (especially in comparison to many other users), it has smashed my expectations as an 18 year old living in rural Victoria, where a 90+ ATAR earns you a special spot in the local newspaper.
The point I'm trying to make here is that ATARNotes has literally changed my life, and enlightened me with the knowledge that despite my negativity and doubts, I could actually compete with those students I envied from the city, who attended incredible schools with VCAA examiners as teachers and an array of resources at their disposal.
Thanks to ATARNotes, I had access to resources written by hardworking and extraordinarily intelligent past students, the support of some of the kindest people I've ever talked to, the educational advice of actual VCAA assessors and past high achievers, and tertiary information and assistance from current university students and actual university representatives.

18 months ago, I would probably be the first person to roll my eyes at a post like this, suggesting that 'a website changed their life'; so I understand if that's how you feel when reading this, but the truth is, ATARNotes has changed my life. And as we've seen in recent times, ATARNotes is becoming so much more than 'a website.'

If the mission of ATARNotes is to enhance the education of young people, and lessen the gap between those from high and those from low socio-economic backgrounds/areas, I can say with 100% certainty that it is achieving this mission, because I am literal proof.

Thanks to ATARNotes, I can say that I've been guaranteed a place at Monash University to study a Bachelor of Laws/Arts, something I couldn't and wouldn't have even imagined at the start of my VCE journey.

So to ATARNotes and the ATARNotes community, thank you.
2015 - 2016 (VCE): Psychology, Religion & Society, Legal Studies, Business Management, Literature and English
2017 - Present: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Arts (Criminology & Psychology) @ Monash University

Aug 2016 - Sep 2018: VIC State Moderator

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1447
Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 05:26:16 pm »
+11
Legend, so proud of you :D (loved the bit about the local newspaper #countrysuccess)

All the best for course offers!!
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 05:37:43 pm »
+11
YYYYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GLASSES, SLAY.

(Ecstatic at news of your offer YEEEESSSSS!!!!!)
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 05:57:05 pm »
+9
Glasses, this is absolutely brilliant. IMO you've encapsulated the entire essence of ATAR Notes in one post. Outstanding stuff. ;D

Congratulations on your results; that's wonderful news. And I'm glad to hear that AN has helped you along the way! The best bit is that you've already contributed for others' benefit, such as this wicked thread.

I totally agree, though. ATAR Notes has also changed my life, and I think that really emphasised the importance of continuing development of the forums in the coming years. AN is more than just a forum. It's 100% a community, and I'm so excited to be a part of it.

Congratulations again, and I hope you stick around for many years to come. Reading threads like this, I can assure you, is just about the best feeling in the world. Thanks for sharing the good vibes. ;D

<3

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 06:16:52 pm »
+6
*speechless*

absolute astronomical awesomeness

the truth is, ATARNotes has changed my life.

I get exactly what you mean - I've said the same, and I think it's only a special website that can achieve anything that major.  It's less the website in itself, and more the wonderful people that use it, that give it this level of impact.

You're the best, ATARNotesers. <3
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 06:29:18 pm »
+5
Another reminder of just how amazing this community is, go Glasses! So happy for you! ;D

Sullivan

• Fresh Poster
  • His name is Robert Paulson
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 01:10:10 am »
Congratulations! Very well deserved.