Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

December 08, 2019, 01:58:30 pm

Author Topic: UNSW General Chat  (Read 22366 times)  Share 

katie,rinos

• HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +910
Re: UNSW General Chat
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2019, 11:00:51 am »
+1
Just got a progression check back and if I want to finish my degree on time, I need to overload term 3 next year. Watch how stressed out I'm going to be :(

Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2412
« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2019, 11:27:42 am »
+1
Just got a progression check back and if I want to finish my degree on time, I need to overload term 3 next year. Watch how stressed out I'm going to be :(

I mean, you do you and I pray for you fam. Trimesters suck.

Meanwhile never doing standard load again even if it means delaying my degree.

blasonduo

• MOTM: OCT 17
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Schrodinger waved while Heisenberg didn't?
  • Respect: +287
« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2019, 03:08:18 pm »
+2
Recently looked into my potential assessment tasks for T1 2020, and it seems like I'll have to write 16750 words worth of assessment.... help me I have not enjoyed a single essay assessment to this day. Can't wait

Also, Trimesters have forced me to completely do education courses next year, meaning I miss out on doing my physics courses with my current physics cohort and will be forced to join the cohort behind me...  :-\
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 03:10:00 pm by blasonduo »
HSC 2017 l Physics (medical) l Chemistry (forensic) l Biology (communication) l Maths 2u l Maths 3u l standard english :)

2018: UNSW B science (physics)/B education

Lol, no one cares about my uni courses.

Ever wanted to be are WEREWOLF hunter? Click the link to join the fun!

HSC Physics Topics 1 & 2 Exam!

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Oxford comma and Avett Brothers enthusiast.
  • Respect: +6550
« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2019, 03:14:04 pm »
Recently looked into my potential assessment tasks for T1 2020, and it seems like I'll have to write 16750 words worth of assessment.... help me I have not enjoyed a single essay assessment to this day. Can't wait

Also, Trimesters have forced me to completely do education courses next year, meaning I miss out on doing my physics courses with my current physics cohort and will be forced to join the cohort behind me...  :-\

That's a bit of a bummer. How close is your cohort?

blasonduo

• MOTM: OCT 17
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Schrodinger waved while Heisenberg didn't?
  • Respect: +287
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2019, 07:47:32 pm »
+1
That's a bit of a bummer. How close is your cohort?

Surprisingly very close! Although my main concern is losing the 5 or so people I study with/go to lectures with. You know, the thing that makes university actually enjoyable, and far easier to do well in. I feel like all the other students when I do end up doing the courses will already have those groups. I guess I'll have to wait and see :/
HSC 2017 l Physics (medical) l Chemistry (forensic) l Biology (communication) l Maths 2u l Maths 3u l standard english :)

2018: UNSW B science (physics)/B education

Lol, no one cares about my uni courses.

Ever wanted to be are WEREWOLF hunter? Click the link to join the fun!

HSC Physics Topics 1 & 2 Exam!

katie,rinos

• HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +910
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2019, 09:50:56 pm »
That must be an education thing because it's the same for me. 4ths years entirely education courses and 5ths years just music. I think it's mainly music electives in 5th year but I'll still not be able to see my music friends as much (who'll graduate when I'm in 4th year :( )
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 09:52:47 pm by katie,rinos »
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

DrDusk

• MOTM: MAY 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I exist in the fourth dimension
  • Respect: +90
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2019, 10:07:15 pm »
+1
That's my cohort :o
HSC/Prelim Physics tutor
BSc(Advanced)(Hons Adv Physics)/BSc(Computer Science) in Cyber-Security @ UNSW 2019

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2412
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2019, 10:23:48 am »
+2

That must be an education thing because it's the same for me. 4ths years entirely education courses and 5ths years just music. I think it's mainly music electives in 5th year but I'll still not be able to see my music friends as much (who'll graduate when I'm in 4th year :( )
Why do I hear the most complaints from education faculty students these days. Yikes.

(By that I mean not just you two, yes.)