FREE lectures this July. Places booking out fast. HSC: book here. VCE: book here.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 19, 2019, 06:44:39 pm

Author Topic: UNSW General Chat  (Read 17066 times)  Share 

justwannawish

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +40
Re: UNSW General Chat
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2019, 09:59:35 am »
Before anything, you can email the director of first year mathematics studies (Jonathan Kress) to see if you can look at your paper first. Or ask him about what options there are.

Try to keep things within the UNSW school of maths and stats before going through official UNSW procedures.

Yep, I'll do that as soon as the final marks are out. Even though there's a very small chance that the final marks have changed, I'm still hoping for something to have happened! Would you happen to know whether the university is open to letting student see their final paper? Thanks for all your help :)

RuiAce

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2269
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2019, 10:02:14 am »
+1
Yep, I'll do that as soon as the final marks are out. Even though there's a very small chance that the final marks have changed, I'm still hoping for something to have happened! Would you happen to know whether the university is open to letting student see their final paper? Thanks for all your help :)
Each school has their own policy regarding this sort of stuff. It's not UNSW's management that is responsible for this. Generally the staff at UNSW maths are pretty nice and people have been permitted to see their paper on request.

Caleb Campion

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2019, 12:15:52 pm »
Hey, Iím a first year at UNSW doing Law and International Studies.

I got a HD for Law in term 1. Is this good? / how good is this? Like do lots of people get this? Or is this really good? Idk where I am on the curve.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Oxford comma and Avett Brothers enthusiast.
  • Respect: +5827
« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2019, 12:29:57 pm »

I got a HD for Law in term 1. Is this good? / how good is this? Like do lots of people get this? Or is this really good? Idk where I am on the curve.

Any HD is really good! That's a great mark - nice job.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man. Yeet ahoy!

Subscribe for free study videos:

ATAR Notes - HSC
ATAR Notes - QCE
ATAR Notes - VCE

RuiAce

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2269
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2019, 06:31:21 pm »
+1

Basically, from here onwards, treat a High Distinction as a band 6, except usually <10% of the cohort get that high. There is no grade higher than HD.

The exact percentage varies depending on your degree/courses, but it always means at the upper end. For many degrees (law would be included in this I imagine) HDs are definitely not common.