Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

August 25, 2019, 01:43:42 am

Author Topic: Make Your First Post!  (Read 84490 times)

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Bad puns are how eye roll
  • Respect: +1950
Re: Make Your First Post!
« Reply #765 on: May 24, 2019, 07:20:39 pm »
+3
Welcome to the forums :)

1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
Currently undergoing Year 12; studying English, Math Methods, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, 35 in Psych from last year.
Do you have a favourite?

2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)
It's gotta be Eragon; after reading what was a great book, the movie in comparison was dismal, and frankly it was worthy of contempt.
Eragon used to be my least favourite movie adaption but then Percy Jackson happened...
2019: B Environment and Sustainability/B Science @ ANU

Matthew_Whelan

• Trailblazer
  • Changing your perception can transcend reality.
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #766 on: May 24, 2019, 11:39:24 pm »
+3
Welcome to the forums :)
Do you have a favourite?
Eragon used to be my least favourite movie adaption but then Percy Jackson happened...
Thanks, yeah I have heard bad things about the Percy Jackson movies. At the moment probably English or Chemistry are my favourites, physics is the worst tbh, but thats because we covered motion first  ;D Oh and Psychology was fun.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 11:41:13 pm by Matthew_Whelan »
2018: Psychology
2019: English, Methods, Chemistry, Biology, Physics

superstudent20

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #767 on: May 31, 2019, 10:54:42 pm »
+6
So this IS my first post. Hope it's alright.

1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
Hi, i'm currently in year 11 right now and i'm studying Advanced math, Advanced English, chemistry, physics, Ancient History, Design and Tech and 1 unit Studies of Religion.  :o
Most passionately hate? Well, I have yet to see a movie that I dislike. I don't really watch movies, I'm more of a TV show/series person.
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
I don't know, i guess a sword or something sharp.  ???
4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)
I think i just want to be as good as a person could be. I know it sounds cringe but I really just want to do good to others. i'd say i want achieve a decent mark in the HSC and just get through high school.
5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
Pretty boring, I haven't actually achieved anything so far but I would say that my life is alright.  :-\

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +1713
« Reply #768 on: June 01, 2019, 09:20:33 am »
+3

It's certainly alright! :)

Your subjects seem like a good selection (I'm a science person), was SoR required by your school?

Wanting to be a good person isn't cringe at all (to me, at least). I also want to be a good person, which for me means following my values (my core ones are empathy & determination), but I know lots of people have 'being a good person' manifest in different ways (eg specific to career, particular causes... ). Do you have any guidance for yourself on how to be a good person or is it more focused on just acting how you think is right in any given moment?
(Feel free not to answer if too personal btw)

Completely disagree about you not having achieved anything so far,  you've made it to this point and you'll have had a bunch of experiences where you don't know (yet) how unique they are - even just helping someone prep for their physics test is something :) - but I guess it's your call to make. 

Big welcome to the forums; it's great to have you here :)
2018-2021: Science Advanced - Global Challenges (Honours) @ Monash

Leadership  ; Scientific Methodology ; Wanting to stay productive?

hanshi

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #769 on: June 06, 2019, 08:39:45 pm »
+1
Hi guys I'm new here. Not really sure if I'm using this right but I'm currently in Year 12 and taking Society and Culture as a subject. This of course means doing a Personal Interest Project (PIP), so if you are reading this could you please take 5 min to do my survey for my PIP. I need a variety of respondents. Unfinished responses are still appreciated if the survey seems too long. Thank you!
Here's the link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfLyIzyX5Q0yWG7kqv_ZByOP9f9peUlwrMhi5TIeOyfo_Y2dw/viewform?usp=sf_link

owidjaja

• MOTM: JAN 18
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +846
« Reply #770 on: June 06, 2019, 09:38:46 pm »
+4
Hi guys I'm new here. Not really sure if I'm using this right but I'm currently in Year 12 and taking Society and Culture as a subject. This of course means doing a Personal Interest Project (PIP), so if you are reading this could you please take 5 min to do my survey for my PIP. I need a variety of respondents. Unfinished responses are still appreciated if the survey seems too long. Thank you!
Here's the link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfLyIzyX5Q0yWG7kqv_ZByOP9f9peUlwrMhi5TIeOyfo_Y2dw/viewform?usp=sf_link
Hey there,

Welcome to the forums! I just completed your questionnaire.

Just letting you know that there is a thread in the Society and Culture board where you can post your questionnaire. Another resource I'd recommend is the Society and Culture Resources Thread where you can get an overview on what kind of resources we offer here.

Hope you find the forums useful and good luck with your PIP :)
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

Visit my studygram @studywithlivia for some study motivation!

LarFrogley

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #771 on: June 20, 2019, 09:53:36 am »
+7
Year 11 studying English, Maths Methods, Biology, Psychology, OES, and History.
Every Fast and Furious movie after number 5 because 3 was too many.
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
My teeth, I can't run so I'm basically already a zombie and zombies use their teeth.
I want to be somebody else. And I say this not in the way that I hate myself but dislike some personal behaviours. I have a wonderful habit of procrastination and distraction but not nearly enough self control to break these habits.
5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
I've spent most of my life not giving a damn about my schooling or results, and didn't hand in probably 50% of my assignments. I'm probably seen as a math head and have a sometimes incredible memory but if I had to say who I am in one sentence. I generally live to care about and for others, and rarely put myself first. I won't study for myself but if someone needs help with their study, guess who's there.
Spoiler alert
don't look
Dumb, male, and ready to fail.

Ternert

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #772 on: June 28, 2019, 01:04:26 am »
+2
Hi, I'm currently in year 11 right now and i'm studying Advanced math, Advanced English, chemistry, physics, Ancient History, Design and Tech.
About romantic vampires.
A pistol. And a knife.
I think wanna be myself. And to evolve
It's becoming interesting.

steph.trevi

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #773 on: July 01, 2019, 03:42:46 pm »
+3
I'm in year 12, doing chemistry, human biology, mathematics methods, english, french, and physics (all ATAR)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off, because I get personally offended when people are rewarded for bad behaviour. I never finished it
Machete, but I'd want to get away and make a fortress more than anything.
I want to either make robots or become a software engineer

ashmi

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #774 on: July 04, 2019, 12:45:20 pm »
+4
One of my very first posts!

Currently in Year 11! Doing Further (3/4), Methods, Chemistry, Physics, English and Product Design and Tech!
I rarely watch movies let alone have one that I truly despise :-\
Probably an automatic machine gun :D One that is really light too!
Would like to be the best person I can really be I guess :). Also would like to go overseas to study one day too, it always has been a dream!
Just a really chilled person that has an unnatural obsession with chocolate. I love to do photography every once in a while and at the same time, you can find me hunched over a computer trying to edit a photo late at night.
2019: Further Maths [Aim: 47]

2020: Methods | PDT | Chemistry | Physics | English

"Be reasonable, demand the impossible"

KLD Scholar Class of 2020
Next: -> NYSF 2020 @ Canberra.

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Bad puns are how eye roll
  • Respect: +1950
« Reply #775 on: July 04, 2019, 01:23:35 pm »
+1
I'm in year 12, doing chemistry, human biology, mathematics methods, english, french, and physics (all ATAR)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off, because I get personally offended when people are rewarded for bad behaviour. I never finished it
Machete, but I'd want to get away and make a fortress more than anything.
I want to either make robots or become a software engineer
Hey! Welcome to AN :)
What state are you from?

One of my very first posts!

Currently in Year 11! Doing Further (3/4), Methods, Chemistry, Physics, English and Product Design and Tech!
I rarely watch movies let alone have one that I truly despise :-\
Probably an automatic machine gun :D One that is really light too!
Would like to be the best person I can really be I guess :). Also would like to go overseas to study one day too, it always has been a dream!
Just a really chilled person that has an unnatural obsession with chocolate. I love to do photography every once in a while and at the same time, you can find me hunched over a computer trying to edit a photo late at night.
Hey! Welcome ;D
Any particular country you want to study in?
And oh yes, photography is awesome. What do you take photos of?
2019: B Environment and Sustainability/B Science @ ANU

ashmi

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #776 on: July 04, 2019, 01:42:16 pm »
+2
Hey! Welcome to AN :)
What state are you from?
Hey! Welcome ;D
Any particular country you want to study in?
And oh yes, photography is awesome. What do you take photos of?

I would love to study particularly in Singapore or potentially Japan! Honestly, I just want to escape Melbourne's unpredictable weather ;D.
I mainly do model photography and touch-ups, sometimes nature/urban photography but that's quite rare these days :)
2019: Further Maths [Aim: 47]

2020: Methods | PDT | Chemistry | Physics | English

"Be reasonable, demand the impossible"

KLD Scholar Class of 2020
Next: -> NYSF 2020 @ Canberra.

Stoor15

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #777 on: August 05, 2019, 05:04:04 pm »
+1
Hello,i'm tireless seeker of knowledge

DrDusk

• MOTM: MAY 19
  • Trendsetter
  • π
  • Respect: +28
« Reply #778 on: August 05, 2019, 06:12:12 pm »
Hello,i'm tireless seeker of knowledge
Welcome to Atarnotes!
Seeking knowledge is a great thing, I guess I could say the same about me too.

HSC/Prelim Physics tutor
BSc(Advanced)(Hons Adv Physics)/BSc(Computer Science) @ UNSW 2019

SPQR

• Adventurer
  • For the glory of Rome
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #779 on: August 14, 2019, 07:13:56 pm »
+5
currently stuck in limbo between high school and uni, but also not technically a gap year.
did a bunch of year 12 last year but got screwed over hard by english language bc for almost all uni courses you need a 25 raw and i got below 20 rip.
so i'm doing UMEP chem right now while also working full time, and next year i'll do english and hopefully finally graduate lmao.

please don't crucify me but i hated inception. maybe my brain just can't keep up with the plot.

a friend who can't run as fast as me

employment
all jokes aside, i want to study classics and archaeology, and hopefully move to italy one day for research. there's lots of dodgy things going on with the field of roman history and archaeology in italy and historical narratives are being distorted to both make it seem more interesting to the general public and to boost patriotism.
also, did you know that anyone who studies classics can visit any historical site in italy for free?

i got screwed over due to the compulsory english thingo
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 08:56:05 am by SPQR »
2017: Classical Studies (41) | Latin (45)
2018: Classical Greek (39) | Chemistry (46) | Methods (47)
2019: UMEP Chemistry
2020: ??