Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 23, 2019, 07:10:15 am

Author Topic: Make Your First Post!  (Read 74342 times)

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Someone stole my lamps. I'm delighted
  • Respect: +1784
Re: Make Your First Post!
« Reply #660 on: December 02, 2018, 09:44:36 pm »
+5
It's not uncommon - each year there's about five or six students who do two 3&4s in year 10. Someone did 3 last year. There's no rule on that sort of stuff at my school, it's sort of like if you think you can handle the workload, and if your grades have been decent, then go ahead.
And yes I agree bio is amaaaazing. (I see you did 3&4 bio early too - how did you find it? Congrats on your score by the way! Any tips on doing well? ;D)
Sounds a lot like my school haha
Bio was and always will be my favourite VCE subject ;D
I think my most important tip is to make sure you understand everything youíre learning as youíre learning it, donít try and cram at the end it wonít work 😂 (also, thereís a post in the VCE bio board with links to heaps of guides and other resources which are super useful ^-^)
2019: B Environment and Sustainability/B Science @ ANU

TheIllusion

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #661 on: December 05, 2018, 07:59:09 pm »
+7
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
 Year 11 to year 12 transistion. Year 12 subjects will be English, further mathematics, mathematical methods, revolutions and software development.
2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)
I do not passionately hate any movie.
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
ODM gear with blades (Attack on Titan).
2019: English 3/4, Further Mathematics 3/4, Mathematical Methods 3/4, Revolutions 3/4, Software Development 3/4

2020: ?

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +1557
« Reply #662 on: December 05, 2018, 08:12:21 pm »
+4
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
 Year 11 to year 12 transistion. Year 12 subjects will be English, further mathematics, mathematical methods, revolutions and software development.
I do not passionately hate any movie.
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
ODM gear with blades (Attack on Titan).
Welcome to atarnotes! :)

revolutions is an interesting subject to throw into the mix given your other subjects; what drew you to it?
did you do any 3/4 subjects this year?
Bri 'cause that's me & MT as I was previously known as miniturtle

VCE: Sciences, eng lang & methods
2018: Science Advanced - Global Challenges (Honours) @ Monash

Leadership  ; Scientific Methodology ; Wanting to stay productive?
Psychology  Research Methods Practice

TheIllusion

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #663 on: December 05, 2018, 10:22:06 pm »
+4

Welcome to atarnotes! :)

revolutions is an interesting subject to throw into the mix given your other subjects; what drew you to it?
did you do any 3/4 subjects this year?
No, I did not do any 3/4 subjects this year, due to the limited selection offered at school. I decided to continue to revolutions after completing units 1/2 global empires, as I enjoy historical studies.
2019: English 3/4, Further Mathematics 3/4, Mathematical Methods 3/4, Revolutions 3/4, Software Development 3/4

2020: ?

SunnyLatte

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #664 on: December 27, 2018, 07:59:38 pm »
+7
Hiiii, I'm SunnyLatte  ;D
I am going to be year 11 in 2019. My subjects  will be Mathematics standard, English Advanced (provision), food technology, Japanese beginners, Computing applications 1 unit, Studies of Religion 1 unit and Biology! I'm still unsure about my choice of food technology so I may try switch to Visual Arts depending on how it goes.
I don't really hate any movies ahaha however i'm not fond of gore
Perhaps a gun as it is far ranged, not too sure actually lol.

informationenthusiast

• Trailblazer
  • Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. It's your choi
  • Respect: -8
« Reply #665 on: December 27, 2018, 08:03:52 pm »
Hiiii, I'm SunnyLatte  ;D
I am going to be year 11 in 2019. My subjects  will be Mathematics standard, English Advanced (provision), food technology, Japanese beginners, Computing applications 1 unit, Studies of Religion 1 unit and Biology! I'm still unsure about my choice of food technology so I may try switch to Visual Arts depending on how it goes.
I don't really hate any movies ahaha however i'm not fond of gore
Perhaps a gun as it is far ranged, not too sure actually lol.
Welcome to the forums 8)
Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, It's always your choice

sw3glord

• Adventurer
« Reply #666 on: December 30, 2018, 08:24:04 pm »
+1

Iím going into Year 9 in 2019.

I donít really hate any movie :P I pretty much enjoy any genre as well

A melee weapon for sure (I feel as if I would waste too many bullets using a gun) so I would probably go with a sword or a machete.

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)

Still trying to figure this question out, but I generally just want to be happy and satisfied with where Iím at in life.

insanipi

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos"
  • Respect: +2149
« Reply #667 on: December 30, 2018, 08:25:24 pm »
+4

Iím going into Year 9 in 2019.

I donít really hate any movie :P I pretty much enjoy any genre as well

A melee weapon for sure (I feel as if I would waste too many bullets using a gun) so I would probably go with a sword or a machete.

Still trying to figure this question out, but I generally just want to be happy and satisfied with where Iím at in life.
Wow, you're a young one! ^-^
What's your fave subject at school at the moment?

Welcome to the forums!

sw3glord

• Adventurer
« Reply #668 on: December 30, 2018, 08:34:13 pm »
+2
Wow, you're a young one! ^-^
What's your fave subject at school at the moment?

Welcome to the forums!

My favourite subject is maths. Iím alright with every subject, though I despise English.

lastapasta

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #669 on: December 31, 2018, 11:34:32 am »
+4
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects?

I am in Year 10 in 2019, and will be doing 1/2 Methods and Psychology (kinda terrified)

2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification.

i dont hate it, but it was disappointing. Split. i was so excited to watch it after seeing the trailer and hearing about the plot. i enjoyed the movie up until the ending. i didn't really like the supernatural (?) element, it ruined it for me  :-\

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice?

a grenade? anything that lets me not get too close. although i would probably be hiding away to avoid having to use it

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve?

i want to be happy with the person i am and succeed in whatever path i end up taking. as for the specifics, i'll cross those bridges when they come

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say?

its okay, i have time later

side note: i've been a lurker for a while and finally decided to post, this forum is so useful  :)

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Someone stole my lamps. I'm delighted
  • Respect: +1784
« Reply #670 on: December 31, 2018, 11:43:39 am »
+4
Welcome to AN! ;D
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects?

I am in Year 10 in 2019, and will be doing 1/2 Methods and Psychology (kinda terrified)
It's not as terrifying as it seems! Starting VCE always seems really daunting, but I found that it wasn't actually all that different to my other classes (except you actually have to do your homework haha)

side note: i've been a lurker for a while and finally decided to post, this forum is so useful  :)
Yay! It's always awesome seeing lurkers make their first post.
2019: B Environment and Sustainability/B Science @ ANU

lastapasta

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #671 on: December 31, 2018, 02:39:37 pm »
+3
Welcome to AN! ;DIt's not as terrifying as it seems! Starting VCE always seems really daunting, but I found that it wasn't actually all that different to my other classes (except you actually have to do your homework haha)
Yay! It's always awesome seeing lurkers make their first post.

haha i'm not too sure how to use the respond feature so i hope this is right. thank you! that makes me feel much better, its just i'm scared because i am a massive procrastinator  :P

Jimmmy

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #672 on: January 01, 2019, 09:42:36 pm »
+5
Hey Everyone!

I'm a Class of 19' student, and will be undertaking Math Methods, English Language, Philosophy, Legal Studies and German in 2019, having done Business Management in 2018.
I don't hate a particular movie, but since I think it still fits the question; I absolutely despise any house renovation TV show. I feel like thhey're self defeating, and just don't have any time for them, and hopefully I never will.
My trusty tennis racquet! I've seen it used before, so in a zombie apocalyse I'm sure I wouldn't feel bad trying it out.  ;D
I really want to do something important and contribute to society, hopefully doing something I enjoy and that I can do for a long time. What that is, I honestly have no idea yet.
5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
I'm not good at these ones! I'm your stereotypical nerd who isn't really that smart but loves playing sport and has done so since I could walk. My life has been full of unexpected surprises, mostly good but never boring. I probably make up for that excitement by being the most secluded person I know, but I can't tell if that's by choice or just because people don't like me, probably the latter. :'( Not something I can really work on in Year 12 though but I'll try!   :-[

I'm hoping to stay pretty active around here, so feel free to say hi or PM me at any point!  :) Hope I can positively contribute to discussion!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 10:35:29 pm by Jimmmy »
2018: Business Management

2019: English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Philosophy

kauac

• MOTM: FEB 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +208
« Reply #673 on: January 01, 2019, 09:49:37 pm »
+1
Hey Everyone!

I'm a Class of 19' student, and will be undertaking Math Methods, English Language, Philosophy, Legal Studies and German in 2019, having done Business Management in 2018.
I don't hate a particular movie, but since I think it still fits the question; I absolutely despise any house renovation TV show. I feel like thhey're self defeating, and just don't have any time for them, and hopefully I never will.
My trusty tennis racquet! I've seen it used before, so in a zombie apocalyse I'm sure I wouldn't feel bad trying it out.  ;D
I really want to do something important and contribute to society, hopefully doing something I enjoy and that I can do for a long time. What that is, I honestly have no idea yet.
5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
I'm not good at these ones! I'm your stereotypical nerd who isn't really that smart but loves playing sport and has done so since I could walk. My life has been full of unexpected surprises, mostly good but never boring. I probably make up for that excitement by being the most secluded person I know, but I can't tell if that's by choice or just because people don't like me, probably the later. :'( Not something I can really work on in Year 12 though but I'll try!   :-[

I'm hoping to stay pretty active around here, so feel free to say hi or PM me at any point!  :) Hope I can positively contribute to discussion!

Welcome, welcome!!

Tennis racquet is an intriguing choice, I like the concept.  :)

Do you have a favourite subject at school?
2017 HSC: Chemistry | PDHPE
2018 HSC: English Adv | Mathematics | Biology | Food Tech | ATAR: 95.75
2019: Year 13 Gap Year @ Youthworks College

Jimmmy

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #674 on: January 01, 2019, 10:12:27 pm »
+6
Welcome, welcome!!

Tennis racquet is an intriguing choice, I like the concept.  :)

Do you have a favourite subject at school?
Hi! I wouldn't say I have a single favourite anymore, but more that each subject serves a purpose and I hope that carries me through Year 12  :P

Methods for its objectivity, Philosophy for its class discussion, Legal for its relevance and general interest in current affairs, German for a different perspective on life (sorta goes with Philosophy actually!) and EngLang because I feel like I "missed out" on learning how English is structured in primary school, and that until 2018 it adversely affected my performance in English. That said, there's a lot of things that I believe primary schools should teach, that they don't.  :-X

Busman was probably my all-round 'favourite', but some unfortunate circumstances this year resulted in it not being as enjoyable as I would've liked, and unsurprisingly a lower study score than I would've preferred, but that's what doing a VCE subject early is for, right?

In hindsight, I probably would've chosen Global Politics over Business, because I'm interested in both but having committed to BusMan in Yr10, I didn't realise until it was too late...but thinking back to Year 10 now I also really wish I'd pushed to do more VCE subjects early, something I don't think schools advocate enough. That's in the past now though, onwards and upwards!
2018: Business Management

2019: English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Philosophy