Login | Register
FREE Head Start Lectures this January - book now! HSC: register here | QCE: register here | VCE: register here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

January 20, 2020, 08:29:59 am

Author Topic: UMEP Offer  (Read 4777 times)  Share 

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

grannysmith

  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1302
  • Crisp and juicy.
  • Respect: +65
Re: UMEP Offer
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2015, 06:06:24 pm »
0
With regards to UMEP Maths does anybody know whether lectures are uploaded online?
Also, considering exams are worth 90% (semester 1/2?) I'm guessing the remaining 10% is composed of online tests?
I didn't attend orientation, you see :/
Biomed II @ Monash

cosine

  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 3042
  • Respect: +270
Re: UMEP Offer
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2015, 06:29:04 pm »
0
With regards to UMEP Maths does anybody know whether lectures are uploaded online?
Also, considering exams are worth 90% (semester 1/2?) I'm guessing the remaining 10% is composed of online tests?
I didn't attend orientation, you see :/

The mathematics lectures are not uploaded online.. :(

The tests are apparently at the school centre you attend. Which one are you attending btw?
2016-2019: Bachelor of Biomedicine
2015: VCE (ATAR: 94.85)

brightsky

  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 3134
  • Respect: +200
Re: UMEP Offer
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 06:47:23 pm »
0
With regards to UMEP Maths does anybody know whether lectures are uploaded online?
Also, considering exams are worth 90% (semester 1/2?) I'm guessing the remaining 10% is composed of online tests?
I didn't attend orientation, you see :/

Not sure if anything has changed since 2013, but when I did the subject, the remaining 10% consisted of weekly assignments written and distributed by the instructor (they were by no means standardised). If you are doing the subject at Melbourne Uni, then the content will be delivered to you through a series of lectures. If you are doing the subject at a school centre, however, then chances are there will be no lectures at all; instead, the subject will be taught in a classroom environment, with the instructor writing notes on the whiteboard, and you coping the notes down.
2020 - 2021: Master of Public Health, The University of Sydney
2017 - 2020: Doctor of Medicine, The University of Melbourne
2014 - 2016: Bachelor of Biomedicine, The University of Melbourne
2013 ATAR: 99.95

Currently selling copies of the VCE Chinese Exam Revision Book and UMEP Maths Exam Revision Book, and accepting students for Maths Methods and Specialist Maths Tutoring in 2020!

grannysmith

  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1302
  • Crisp and juicy.
  • Respect: +65
Re: UMEP Offer
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 06:56:20 pm »
0
Dayum. That makes it hard. I'm doing it at Melbourne Grammar... the only problem is it'd take me 30+ mins to get there and I'd JUST make it on time (or not).
Biomed II @ Monash

brightsky

  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 3134
  • Respect: +200
Re: UMEP Offer
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2015, 07:02:38 pm »
0
Dayum. That makes it hard. I'm doing it at Melbourne Grammar... the only problem is it'd take me 30+ mins to get there and I'd JUST make it on time (or not).

The instructor at MGS is pretty chill, so I'm sure she wouldn't mind.

I can guarantee you that you will have a ball. The instructor really is one of a kind.
2020 - 2021: Master of Public Health, The University of Sydney
2017 - 2020: Doctor of Medicine, The University of Melbourne
2014 - 2016: Bachelor of Biomedicine, The University of Melbourne
2013 ATAR: 99.95

Currently selling copies of the VCE Chinese Exam Revision Book and UMEP Maths Exam Revision Book, and accepting students for Maths Methods and Specialist Maths Tutoring in 2020!

cosine

  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 3042
  • Respect: +270
Re: UMEP Offer
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 07:26:53 pm »
0
Dayum. That makes it hard. I'm doing it at Melbourne Grammar... the only problem is it'd take me 30+ mins to get there and I'd JUST make it on time (or not).
Oh finally someone else! The only people I know doing it at Melbourne Grammar is you, Zeus on here and me haha!

We start on Feb 4th, does anyone know like when we buy the book, is there even a book?
2016-2019: Bachelor of Biomedicine
2015: VCE (ATAR: 94.85)

grannysmith

  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1302
  • Crisp and juicy.
  • Respect: +65
Re: UMEP Offer
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2015, 07:56:00 pm »
0
Oh finally someone else! The only people I know doing it at Melbourne Grammar is you, Zeus on here and me haha!

We start on Feb 4th, does anyone know like when we buy the book, is there even a book?
Oh awesome!
I remember reading something somewhere stating that we should hold off purchasing any books until the first class, as the teacher will inform us on what we need (or don't need).
Biomed II @ Monash