FREE lectures this September + October | HSC Head Start + Exam Revision: book here | QCE Head Start: book here | VCE Exam Revision: book here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

September 17, 2019, 08:43:09 am

Author Topic: VCE Further Maths Question Thread!  (Read 312502 times)  Share 

pugs

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +23
Re: VCE Further Maths Question Thread!
« Reply #2475 on: August 30, 2019, 09:03:31 pm »
hey! i'm not entirely sure if these questions are in the further maths course – i've checked the study design but it's a bit vague on latitudes/longitudes so i was wondering if someone would be able to help me double check  :D

if they are, would someone be able to help me out please as i'm not sure on how to do them :L (the fact that both the latitudes and longitudes are different is messing with my head :()

thanks very much!

Find the distance around the parallel of latitude for the following locations:
a) X: latitude: 32šS, longitude 50šE ; Y: latitude 32šN, longitude 80šE
b) X: latitude: 12šS, longitude 30šE ; Y: latitude 12šN, longitude 80šE

note* my textbook is possibly the one with many typos because i've found some errors previously, so if someone has an updated textbook and would be able to check (19B q19b and c), that'd be awesome! tysmm
2018: lote SL
2019: english, biology, chemistry, methods, further maths

2019 vce journal here

plato

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +9
Re: VCE Further Maths Question Thread!
« Reply #2476 on: September 16, 2019, 11:17:49 pm »
+1
You cannot find the distance around the “parallel of latitude” between any two points that are not on the same parallel of latitude.
These two questions are beyond the scope of this course which covers only distances along a parallel (ie between two locations with the same latitude) or along a meridian (ie between two locations with the same longitude).