FREE lectures this July. Places booking out fast. HSC: book here. VCE: book here.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 25, 2019, 09:32:26 pm

Author Topic: New to Psychology  (Read 2092 times)  Share 

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

costargh

  • Guest
New to Psychology
« on: November 05, 2007, 07:38:23 pm »
0
I'm picking up 3/4 next year... should I do some work from Units 1/2 to catch up/prepare?

The teacher in charge of studies @ my school encouraged me to pick it up and said that I might just have to look @ 1 or 2 chapters from Unit 1/2 to prepare....

your thoughts?

Odette

  • Guest
Re: New to Psychology
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 07:41:32 pm »
0
Quote from: "costargh"
I'm picking up 3/4 next year... should I do some work from Units 1/2 to catch up/prepare?

The teacher in charge of studies @ my school encouraged me to pick it up and said that I might just have to look @ 1 or 2 chapters from Unit 1/2 to prepare....

your thoughts?


Well what you might like to look at before starting units 3 and 4 would be research methods and the brain and nervous system... that's about it really, everything else you will learn in units 3 and 4 (take it from someone who didn't do psychology units 1 and 2) :)

Good Luck

costargh

  • Guest
New to Psychology
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 07:43:18 pm »
0
Aw ok yeh someone else at my school mentioned research methods. Ok cool Thanks for that odette. your so helpful  :)

Odette

  • Guest
New to Psychology
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 07:46:20 pm »
0
Quote from: "costargh"
Aw ok yeh someone else at my school mentioned research methods. Ok cool Thanks for that odette. your so helpful  :)


Lol thanks =]
Yeah research methods, are a must lol !!

costargh

  • Guest
New to Psychology
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 07:59:01 pm »
0
Is the concept easy to pick up?

Apparently I should do alright in Psychology because its similar studying habits to Legal (I do 3/4 this year) ... as opposed to a subject such as Literature which I am dropping.

Just a lot to remember hey?

costargh

  • Guest
New to Psychology
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 07:59:46 pm »
0
Congrads on 500 posts btw =)

Odette

  • Guest
New to Psychology
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 08:03:14 pm »
0
Lol it's alright, but i think the best thing would be to write a few practice ones, just so you get the hang of them...

Psychology is mostly remembering definitions and facts, but you do need to apply your knowledge to some cases (giving examples) ...

So good luck with that :)

I probably wish I didn't do psychology this year, should have done physics or specialist... but oh well, psychology isn't for everyone :)

costargh

  • Guest
New to Psychology
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 08:07:41 pm »
0
Meh. Id rather do it than Lit... We worked through texts so slow that it was painful.

Odette

  • Guest
New to Psychology
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 08:09:32 pm »
0
Quote from: "costargh"
Meh. Id rather do it than Lit... We worked through texts so slow that it was painful.


True, I remember doing a bit of an introductory course into Lit in year 10 lol... soooooooooooooooooo boring !
I would rather do Methods AGAIN! lol

costargh

  • Guest
New to Psychology
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 08:13:29 pm »
0
Quote from: "Odette"

I would rather do Methods AGAIN! lol


Are you the devil?
lol

Odette

  • Guest
New to Psychology
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 08:14:23 pm »
0
Quote from: "costargh"
Quote from: "Odette"

I would rather do Methods AGAIN! lol


Are you the devil?
lol


No no... I just miss methods :cry: would ace SACs without trying lol

costargh

  • Guest
New to Psychology
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 08:19:20 pm »
0
lol teach me =(

Odette

  • Guest
New to Psychology
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 08:20:19 pm »
0
Quote from: "costargh"
lol teach me =(


No because you wont vote for me!! haha
Get Coblin to teach you muhahahaha! or Ahmad

costargh

  • Guest
New to Psychology
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 08:31:15 pm »
0
Lol. Geez someones insecure... Needs my vote. Whats your policy on educational  reform?

Odette

  • Guest
New to Psychology
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 08:33:07 pm »
0
Quote from: "costargh"
Lol. Geez someones insecure... Needs my vote. Whats your policy on educational  reform?


What is it? lol
Should I know what it is? lol