FREE lectures this September + October | HSC Head Start + Exam Revision: book here | QCE Head Start: book here | VCE Exam Revision: book here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

September 17, 2019, 08:18:38 pm

Author Topic: deciding a comp-related breadth: comp10002, info10003, isys10001?  (Read 680 times)  Share 

sighphers

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
hello! i'm a first-year arts student looking to diversify my skillset (and salvage my chance at employability) through some comp-related breadths. last semester i took comp10001 and did alright for the most part - i think i took quite a hit on the exam with the infamous 'bastard' question but maintained a pretty decent score for the semester assignments (42/50). although i've yet to receive my actual grade, i've been thinking of which direction to head into with the aforementioned subjects.

the most logical step would be to do comp10002 but i'm quite intimidated by the supposed spike in difficulty from comp10001 and the amount of math required. could someone who's done the subject inform me on these fronts? similarly, should i turn tail and run, i was contemplating the other two subjects as alternatives. for context, i intend to head into law but thought programming would be fun for interest and practicality. from what i've heard, i've been considering info10003 (fundamentals of interaction design) as it deals with the more 'human' concepts of usability and isys10001 (foundations of information systems) as it looks more 'artsy' in its focus on business and organisational problems.

apologies for the long post but i really welcome any kind of advice! thank you.

junyper

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: deciding a comp-related breadth: comp10002, info10003, isys10001?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 09:53:10 am »
I was in the same boat as you a few weeks ago, afraid of not being able to do well in COMP10002 as it is a difficult subject, but decided to YOLO and enrol in the subject anyways

I don't think there will be a lot of math involved in COMP10002, as there is no maths prerequisite listed on the handbook