Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 12:52:58 am

Author Topic: CSSA Legal Studies Paper Discussion!  (Read 8501 times)  Share 

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
Re: CSSA Legal Studies Paper Discussion!
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2017, 09:18:08 pm »
In all honesty I feel like that's how we were supposed to answer the question. The only reason I used my knowledge of the contemporary issues was simply because I didn't know the content that you stated. Don't count me on this, but I'd say that you would score higher than you expect - you seem to know content that's relevant to that specific issue.

Mainly I talked about how they are denying peace rights - their right to be free from war or oppression. But then I used the Coalition part of the quote and said how Australia is not limited to merely passing laws on refugees, but they can also protect rights such as the right that 'no one shall be held in slavery or servitude' (UDHR Art 4). I then went into Australian measures to protect that right... Again, not sure if this is even correct but I interpreted the question in a broader sense, simply because I didn't actually know specific content

I didn't even mention my contemporary issue in that. It didn't seem relevant at all. I did Child Solidiers as my contemporary issue so I suppose that's why?

Crime question was basically identical to the one I received in my term 1 exam. It was the one Jamon predicted word for word :P

Panicked a bit in Shelter and wasn't able to cite many laws properly but hopefully they won't mark me down too much for that.

Overall I think I did alright :D
Heavy Things :(

abachmid

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2017, 09:19:35 pm »
what did everyone write in regards to the first short answer question?

rodero

• Forum Obsessive
  • Professional quote and statistic generator
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2017, 09:25:41 pm »
+1
what did everyone write in regards to the first short answer question?

I got caught completely off guard here. I couldn't think of anything here so I just wrote about Australia's ratification of the UDHR, ICESCR and ICCPR, and how Australia passes legislation to reflect the human right. In hindsight I know that the inclusion of the right to the Australian Constitution is key for this question
HSC 2017:
English (Advanced): 91    Legal Studies: 92    Modern History: 91    Studies of Religion 2: 90    Business Studies: 92

ATAR: 96.75

Need tutoring? Click here!

TheFreeMarketeer

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2017, 09:26:48 pm »
I got caught completely off guard here. I couldn't think of anything here so I just wrote about Australia's ratification of the UDHR, ICESCR and ICCPR, and how Australia passes legislation to reflect the human right. In hindsight I know that the inclusion of the right to the Australian Constitution is key for this question

I mentioned the Australian Constitution but began rambling about Australia's secularism....

Note, I forgot to mention the ratification of the UDHR, ICESCR and ICCPR simply because when I saw the question I knew that secularism was one way and that our Constitution had stated that particular right explicitly.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 09:32:53 pm by TheFreeMarketeer »

rodero

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2017, 09:34:25 pm »
+1
I mentioned the Australian Constitution but began rambling about Australia's secularism....

Note, I forgot to mention the ratification of the UDHR, ICESCR and ICCPR simply because when I saw the question I knew that secularism was one way and that our Constitution had stated that particular right explicitly.

Looks like a bit of SOR got into your head
HSC 2017:
English (Advanced): 91    Legal Studies: 92    Modern History: 91    Studies of Religion 2: 90    Business Studies: 92

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2017, 10:42:07 pm »
+2
Great to see some awesome discussion going on above!! Very happy with the Crime question, as should everyone who has been chatting to us have been ;)

Quick note, I'm seeing a few posts here that are borderline in terms of giving questions away, please be careful! We might delete stuff and then restore it once the security period has lapsed if we see the need :)

lauracabezas

• Fresh Poster
  • "I did not come this far, to only come this far."
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2017, 08:43:37 pm »
im so confused lol i dont wanna like say anything im not meant to but my 7 marker for human rights wasnt on a contemporary issue?? it was about... something else but i did the cssa paper which is weird. the paper kind of killed me :( i wasnt prepared
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 08:46:05 pm by lauracabezas »
HSC 2017: Standard English // Studies of Religion II // Legal Studies // Senior Science // Community and Family Studies //
an hsc student with no will to live :)

rodero

• Forum Obsessive
CSSA Legal Studies Paper Discussion!
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2017, 09:05:16 pm »
+2
im so confused lol i dont wanna like say anything im not meant to but my 7 marker for human rights wasnt on a contemporary issue?? it was about... something else but i did the cssa paper which is weird. the paper kind of killed me :( i wasnt prepared

Okay just to clarify, the question wasn't on a contemporary issue. It's just that since I didn't know the content for the question at hand, I tried bending the question a bit to suit my needs. That is, I used evidence from my study of human trafficking and slavery to answer something that's only slightly related

Edit: On that note, some people who studied that certain contemporary issue would have benefit much more, which is kind of unfair I guess
HSC 2017: