Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:02:53 am

Author Topic: interessant's vce journey  (Read 7130 times)

interessant

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +31
interessant's vce journey
« on: November 03, 2019, 05:58:18 pm »
+8
Hello everyone.
I've been stalking everyone's vce journals for a while now, and considering that there are three more days till the methods exam, I thought to myself, why not start one now! I'm doing bio (did, anyway) and methods 3/4, and english language, hhd, chem and spesh 1/2. Right now I really can't be stuffed doing any more methods practice exams although I've been doing terribly in exam 2 so I need to, so I will, later. I'm super pumped for the holidays, seeing as I've been sleep deprived since the start of term 4 (or since the start of year 11, whichever way you look at it), and I honestly cannot wait to sleep in every day.
I found the bio exam on Friday pretty okay, I think I did pretty good in mcq, not too great in short answer though. I can't wait to get rid of all my bio stuff and never think about it again - natural selection, who? Anyway, that's enough for now, I've got to go do some methods. Hope to update soon.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 11:11:35 am by interessant »

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
  • Respect: +60
Re: interessant's interesting vce journey
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 06:01:29 pm »
+3
gluten tag and im sure you did amazing on the exam. i know i responded real fast but your title seemed very interessant and i hope i dont come off as a creep.
natural selection, who?
big mood
taking a break.

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 06:16:51 pm »
+2
Hey interessant!
Nice to meet you!  ;D
I've been doing horribly in exam 2 as well for methods. I still haven't finished all the prep for it or exam 1 for that matter and still have so many questions to ask.
How have you been preparing for methods?  :)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 06:18:33 pm »
+3
Good luck on your methods exam! So exciting to see another VCE journal. ;D What do you enjoy doing in your free time?

brothanathan

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 06:25:13 pm »
+2
Noice to know you did okay for Bio. A 3/4 Bio teacher from my school (interestingly*) complains that the readings were quite long (yes I should avoid eavesdropping as much).
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 06:26:58 pm by brothanathan »

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 06:27:15 pm »
+2
Hello everyone.
I've been stalking everyone's vce journals for a while now, and considering that there are three more days till the methods exam, I thought to myself, why not start one now! I'm doing bio (did, anyway) and methods 3/4, and english language, hhd, chem and spesh 1/2. Right now I really can't be stuffed doing any more methods practice exams although I've been doing terribly in exam 2 so I need to, so I will, later. I'm super pumped for the holidays, seeing as I've been sleep deprived since the start of term 4 (or since the start of year 11, whichever way you look at it), and I honestly cannot wait to sleep in every day.
I found the bio exam on Friday pretty okay, I think I did pretty good in mcq, not too great in short answer though. I can't wait to get rid of all my bio stuff and never think about it again - natural selection, who? Anyway, that's enough for now, I've got to go do some methods. Hope to update soon.

good luck for your methods exam! Its nice to meet a fellow year 11 doing methods this week as well! I'm excited to keep following your journal :)

interessant

• Forum Regular
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 12:18:10 pm »
+2
gluten tag and im sure you did amazing on the exam. i know i responded real fast but your title seemed very interessant and i hope i dont come off as a creep.
Guten tag to you too and no no - not creepy at all ;)
Hey interessant!
Nice to meet you!  ;D
I've been doing horribly in exam 2 as well for methods. I still haven't finished all the prep for it or exam 1 for that matter and still have so many questions to ask.
How have you been preparing for methods?  :)
Nice to meet you too :) I've just been doing questions - trying to understand the application ones but still not making any sense out of them :( How about you?
Good luck on your methods exam! So exciting to see another VCE journal. ;D What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
Thanks Laura! I love reading books - although I haven't picked one up in so long because of exams - can't wait til Thursday.
Noice to know you did okay for Bio. A 3/4 Bio teacher from my school (interestingly*) complains that the readings were quite long (yes I should avoid eavesdropping as much).
Ooh sneaky sneaky
good luck for your methods exam! Its nice to meet a fellow year 11 doing methods this week as well! I'm excited to keep following your journal :)
Thanks - you too!

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 12:49:24 pm »
+2
Thanks Laura! I love reading books - although I haven't picked one up in so long because of exams - can't wait til Thursday.
Exciting! My exams start in a week and a bit so I'm sure my ravenous consumption of books may slow. What do you think you'll read first. I've been reading a dystopian trilogy called "The Arc of Scythe". Would recommend.  ;D

interessant

• Forum Regular
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2019, 10:00:17 pm »
+1
Exciting! My exams start in a week and a bit so I'm sure my ravenous consumption of books may slow. What do you think you'll read first. I've been reading a dystopian trilogy called "The Arc of Scythe". Would recommend.  ;D
Oooh - that book sounds interesting. I've got no clue what to read next, perhaps your book recommendation.

brothanathan

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2019, 04:33:16 pm »
+1
I've been reading a dystopian trilogy called "The Arc of Scythe". Would recommend.  ;D

Better read "The Toll"
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 04:39:06 pm by brothanathan »

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 05:43:22 pm »
+1
Better read "The Toll"
The first two books were really good. The Toll was perhaps the worst book I have ever read. 0.5/10 stars. Would not recommend. 600 pages of nothing. The world's worst ending to a trilogy.

What's the worst book you've ever read interessant?

interessant

• Forum Regular
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2019, 09:40:46 pm »
+3
Mmmm, I recently read Land of the Golden Clouds, and it’s pretty bad - too many characters and the storyline is hard to follow at times.

interessant

• Forum Regular
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2019, 10:32:26 am »
+4
Hello hello. It's been quite some time but year 11 is officially over! We recently had orientation and now I'm just relaxing at home, nervously awaiting my results. I have holiday homework for all of my 3/4s but it's not crazy, so I'm hoping to get it done by the end of the year so I can relax in January without it sitting at the back of my head and stressing me out. Although I have a very strong feeling that I'll be leaving it till later. I'm going overseas soon and it's pretty tricky trying to study with family all around so we'll see how it goes. Anyway, signing off, enjoy your holidays!

yesh.weerakkody

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2019, 10:53:22 am »
+2
Heyo heyo! What an interesting journal you have here. I can already tell this is gonna be filled with the word interesting haha.
How did you find the methods exam and starting year 12? Also, hope you get the results that you were aiming for!! :D
Also, also, not doing homework until the last minute is a religion we students live by at this point haha. Have fun on your overseas trip btw.
Do you very best, and nothing less!

2020-21: 95.05 - psych (43), bio (40) & LOTE (40)
2022-25: BSciAdvResearch(Hons)

pm me if you're interested in biology tutoring!

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2019, 08:47:05 pm »
+3
What are you doing over summer interessant? ;D