Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:43:39 am

Author Topic: Post HSC effects  (Read 17987 times)

Blissfulmelodii

• Trendsetter
  • "Mistakes are proof that you are trying!"
  • Respect: 0
Post HSC effects
« on: November 01, 2016, 09:30:44 am »
+3
I had my last HSC exam yesterday (thanks Extension English) and waking up this morning it  felt so strange to realise that I did not have anything to study for or any reason to stress (besides for result day). I'm grateful that it is done and proud of what I have accomplished but honestly I am feeling a little lost with all this freedom (especially since I am THAT student who joined a million groups and did a million subjects lol). I am sure I'm not the only one so I figured why not just have a chat about it??

For those who are done. How are we feeling? What are we up to? And how are you all celebrating being done?

For those who aren't yet done (like some of my friends). Push through, tell yourself you're almost there and reflect on how much you have achieved so far. I am wishing you all the very best and I have confidence that you will do the best you can to achieve the best that you can  :) :)
--HSC subjects--
Music 1 | Biology | Society and Culture | Spanish Beginners | Math ext 1 & 2 | English Advanced | English ext 1 & 2

noonedoesnt

• Trailblazer
Re: Post HSC effects
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 09:41:26 am »
Well my last exam is chemistry on thursday, and in all these days leading up to my exams, i reminisced on the past and how i've been taking things for granted, like sleeping in, going for a walk, sitting down and staring at a wall.etc  ;D

I'm sure it will be very weird after chemistry exam though. Stress will be gone, but will slowly return in anticipation of the 16th

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 09:42:16 am »
After my last exam I still nerded out and began reading about the Large Hadron Collider.

Being real, when I finished the HSC I rejoiced but did not "celebrate". Cause I never wanted to bother with schoolies and what not. In fact I was more worried about getting ready for life to smack me in the face.

Although I kinda failed at getting everything I wanted done in the holidays, I still got the bulk of it (i.e. what I said in the Post HSC rewards thread) in. The way I view it, post-HSC is just relax and games. Everyone's going to be different though.

Blissfulmelodii

• Trendsetter
  • "Mistakes are proof that you are trying!"
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 09:59:19 am »
Being real, when I finished the HSC I rejoiced but did not "celebrate". Cause I never wanted to bother with schoolies and what not. In fact I was more worried about getting ready for life to smack me in the face.

I can definitely agree with you on that point!! I still have the excel extension 1 math book sitting on my table and i found myself having to resist going through it (I am not even a major math person). I think I am definitely going to have to come up with some type of work to do until uni starts...
--HSC subjects--
Music 1 | Biology | Society and Culture | Spanish Beginners | Math ext 1 & 2 | English Advanced | English ext 1 & 2

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 10:26:26 am »
I had my last HSC exam yesterday (thanks Extension English) and waking up this morning it  felt so strange to realise that I did not have anything to study for or any reason to stress (besides for result day). I'm grateful that it is done and proud of what I have accomplished but honestly I am feeling a little lost with all this freedom (especially since I am THAT student who joined a million groups and did a million subjects lol). I am sure I'm not the only one so I figured why not just have a chat about it??

For those who are done. How are we feeling? What are we up to? And how are you all celebrating being done?

For those who aren't yet done (like some of my friends). Push through, tell yourself you're almost there and reflect on how much you have achieved so far. I am wishing you all the very best and I have confidence that you will do the best you can to achieve the best that you can  :) :)

Congrats for finishing Bliss!!  I know from chatting to you around the forums that you have worked extremely hard, and helped a lot of people on the site in the process, you should be extremely proud of what you've accomplished.

I was THAT student too; don't worry you will adjust quick! Read books, catch up with friends, start a personal project (a few of my friends started websites/small businesses and stuff in the HSC break, I think one might have even written a novella or something?). You'll find ways to fill the time ;D

(I went on schoolies and it was awesome fun. It doesn't have to be as crazy as the popular perception if you don't want it to be and find the right crew) ;D

imtrying

• Trendsetter
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 09:29:42 pm »
+2
Hey! I wasnt sure where to post this, but i guess its kind of post hsc!
I finished my HSC yesterday  with physics as my last exam. I just wanted to say thanks for the help you guys have provided on here, seriously it's amazing and I know that having my modern and English essays marked on here definitely pulled up my marks. But yeah, seriously this helped me so much this year and I just wanted to say thanks! ☺
Year 12 2016 (94.20)
English (Adv), Maths Ext.1, Modern History, Biology and Physics

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 09:32:36 pm »
+1
Hey! I wasnt sure where to post this, but i guess its kind of post hsc!
I finished my HSC yesterday  with physics as my last exam. I just wanted to say thanks for the help you guys have provided on here, seriously it's amazing and I know that having my modern and English essays marked on here definitely pulled up my marks. But yeah, seriously this helped me so much this year and I just wanted to say thanks! ☺

You are absolutely most welcome!! We appreciate the kind words! ;D be sure to keep sticking your head around! Let us know how you went, catch us up on what you are studying/doing next year, all that stuff! ;D

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 10:31:17 am »
+2

I think you'll find yourself a little lost for a moment. I found the best way was to actually stay semi attached to HSC. I definitely gave it a break, but shortly after I started organising my notes for distribution and cleaning up my desk area. Kind of to give closure, if anything. I had posters everywhere for different things I wanted to memorise, it was fairly intense. Admittedly, I still find a few things floating around in different places in my house, and my desk still has not fully recovered from HSC. I was easing myself out of the HSC. I went to Fiji to do some volunteer stuff for "schoolies" and then I started doing some ATAR Notes stuff, so I was back into it again ;)

You're definitely not the only one feeling a bit clueless at this time - with all the spare time! But I'm sure you'll find that you'll fill up your time shortly with all kinds of things - even if it is just meticulously powering through the list of movies you wanted to watch post HSC!
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

Celeriac

• Trailblazer
  • School: --
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 02:22:23 pm »
+2
I just finished with Legal Studies today  :)
It feels extremely odd to be finished. It's as if I've been waiting for this day for the entire year (or two years), and yet it still doesn't feel like it's over, hence why I hopped straight onto the forums.

I think I'd say my experience with the HSC certainly felt tunnel visioned. No matter what I was doing, the HSC was always in the back of my mind, even if it was subconscious and I was trying to get away from it.
Now that it's over.. it's strange.

Although it's great that I can start doing the things I've held off for a few months  :)

This isn't at all relevant to this thread but I just wanted to thank all those at AN (the mods, the community, etc) for being so kind and helpful. This has been an amazing website, and I definitely regret not using the forums regularly throughout the HSC. AN has helped me so much, starting from the lectures I went to back in January, the books I purchased, the articles and the forums. Also I'm not sure if the post-exam discussion threads have been a blessing that satiate my curiosity after an exam or a malice that make me sad I didn't change my multiple choice answers haha.

Thanks so much!  :D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 02:25:38 pm »
I just finished with Legal Studies today  :)
It feels extremely odd to be finished. It's as if I've been waiting for this day for the entire year (or two years), and yet it still doesn't feel like it's over, hence why I hopped straight onto the forums.

I think I'd say my experience with the HSC certainly felt tunnel visioned. No matter what I was doing, the HSC was always in the back of my mind, even if it was subconscious and I was trying to get away from it.
Now that it's over.. it's strange.

Although it's great that I can start doing the things I've held off for a few months  :)

This isn't at all relevant to this thread but I just wanted to thank all those at AN (the mods, the community, etc) for being so kind and helpful. This has been an amazing website, and I definitely regret not using the forums regularly throughout the HSC. AN has helped me so much, starting from the lectures I went to back in January, the books I purchased, the articles and the forums. Also I'm not sure if the post-exam discussion threads have been a blessing that satiate my curiosity after an exam or a malice that make me sad I didn't change my multiple choice answers haha.

Thanks for your kind words Celeriac!! We hope that we helped you achieve the goals you set yourself; don't worry, you'll adjust to the freedom really quickly! Be sure to stay around the forums, let us know how you went and the stuff you are up to! :)

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 03:30:43 pm »

You make us feel so fuzzy! You've been a valuable part of our community, so in turn, we have to thank you! Thanks for always being around with a curious mind and great study ethic :)

Celeriac

• Trailblazer
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 03:48:26 pm »
Thanks for your kind words Celeriac!! We hope that we helped you achieve the goals you set yourself; don't worry, you'll adjust to the freedom really quickly! Be sure to stay around the forums, let us know how you went and the stuff you are up to! :)

I'll be sure to stick around!  :)
I might upload my notes or something although I'll have to do some hefty editing before I do that.

You make us feel so fuzzy! You've been a valuable part of our community, so in turn, we have to thank you! Thanks for always being around with a curious mind and great study ethic :)

I went to your legal studies lecture back in January.  :) I remember the whole legal eagle thing. Unfortunately I never got to use the "Iceland 1171" example in my exams  :(

Thank you again guys. The speedy replies to all our questions have been an immense help.

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 04:22:30 pm »

I went to your legal studies lecture back in January.  :) I remember the whole legal eagle thing. Unfortunately I never got to use the "Iceland 1171" example in my exams  :(

Thank you again guys. The speedy replies to all our questions have been an immense help.

1117* ;) That is too funny that you remember that! Makes me so happy. Such interesting facts to last a life time, amirite?? You're the best celeriac! :)

Celeriac

• Trailblazer
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2016, 05:25:50 pm »
1117* ;) That is too funny that you remember that! Makes me so happy. Such interesting facts to last a life time, amirite?? You're the best celeriac! :)

Oops! Didn't get much sleep before legal so the date escaped me. Yes it is a very interesting fact haha. I think it stuck with me because I've read a bit about the Norse colonisation of North America + Greenland which happened at around the same time.  :)

Swagadaktal

• SwagLordOfAN
  • Forum Leader
  • djkhaled305 is the key to success
  • Respect: +102
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2016, 05:42:12 pm »
hey guys im still getting fked by my vce exams but i just wanted to say

i love u jamon xo
Fuck you english your eyebrows aren't even good
Why walk when you can stand on the shoulders of giants?