Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 04:28:23 pm

Author Topic: EARLY ENTRY  (Read 2672 times)

truongyy

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
EARLY ENTRY
« on: March 17, 2019, 09:54:42 pm »
+1
Hey everyone,
I am a current HSC student and I am considering and looking at universities for early entry. However, I am so NERVOUS about applying because I got really bad marks for Year 11. I know most university looks at your year 11 marks and I don't know what to do. Do I have any hope ?? I do volunteering work though esp through school such as peer tutoring, Year 7 buddy program, fundraisers etc. Could you please list any university in Australia, that consider other factors as well, not only year 11 marks. Thank you so much!!!

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
Re: EARLY ENTRY
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 11:34:48 pm »
+3
Hey everyone,
I am a current HSC student and I am considering and looking at universities for early entry. However, I am so NERVOUS about applying because I got really bad marks for Year 11. I know most university looks at your year 11 marks and I don't know what to do. Do I have any hope ?? I do volunteering work though esp through school such as peer tutoring, Year 7 buddy program, fundraisers etc. Could you please list any university in Australia, that consider other factors as well, not only year 11 marks. Thank you so much!!!
Hey there,

Even if your marks aren't the best in Year 11, I think it's still fine. I applied for UOW Early Entry and some of my marks are bad, and I'm talking either I didn't pass or I barely scraped a pass in maths or physics (and I was applying for engineering). But I did do a lot of extra-curricular activities like work experience and volunteering and I still landed an interview. I rejected the interview, but when I spoke to UOW ambassadors they said that all they want to know is to get to know you as a student not just your marks. I also applied for the Macquarie Uni Global Leadership Entry Program and I don't remember if I had to submit a report but I did have to write some short answers that asked about 3 different extra-curricular activities. They open this program 2 or 3 times so if you miss out your first chance you can still apply for it. I actually got an early offer from Macquarie Uni from this (and they also allow you to do a program where you can do workshops that will be added to your academic transcript) and you still have time to decline the offer before the census date.

So yes, you still have hope!

Hope this helps!
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW