Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:37:20 am

Author Topic: HSC papers vs trial papers?  (Read 10766 times)  Share 

conic curve

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +2
Re: HSC papers vs trial papers?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2016, 03:24:47 pm »
Yes you do. What you don't have time for is "staring" at it.

You should memorise as many formulas as you can, but the sheet ensures that you are never stuck. Use it as soon as you need it.

Well to me, maths is a test of speed and practice

Also those formulas shouldv'e been stuck to your brain through lots and lots of practice

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 03:26:26 pm »

Also those formulas shouldv'e been stuck to your brain through lots and lots of practice
Yes I most certainly agree with this. With extensive practice I could even tell you half the equations out of parametrics and projectile motion and you don't even need to memorise them.

But if you're stuck, never feel bad to use your reference sheet.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2016, 10:51:51 pm »
Yes I most certainly agree with this. With extensive practice I could even tell you half the equations out of parametrics and projectile motion and you don't even need to memorise them.

But if you're stuck, never feel bad to use your reference sheet.

Totally, reference sheet is like a floaty in rough water, definitely don't feel guilty using it  ;)

Ideally, absolutely, but Alex makes a great point about when you are beginning to do practice papers. In those initial stages, open book style can be great to build some confidence and build some "momentum"  ;) then, once you have a few hours under the belt, graduate to exam conditions! Totally depends on the person though, as long as you are working and that work is challenging then you are doing the right thing!  ;D